AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi virtually launch India’s 1st Driverless operated train?
1) Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation
2) Kochi Metro Rail Limited
3) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
4) Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited
5) Chennai Metro Rail Limited
Answer-3) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
On December 28, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated India’s 1st ever Driverless Train Operations on Delhi Metro’s 38 Kilometres long Magenta Line which connects Janakpuri West & Botanical Garden in Noida. PM also inaugurated the fully operational National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) services on the Airport Express Line of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- When will the ‘Investment Clearance Cell’ a part of the Central Government’s Single Window System to obtain central and state clearances/approvals for businesses become operational?
1) April 15, 2021
2) February 1, 2021
3) May 15, 2021
4) March 1, 2021
5) June 1, 2021
Answer-1) April 15, 2021
The Centralised ‘Investment Clearance Cell’ announced by Government of India as part of the Single Window System is set to become operational by April 15, 2021. The Main objective of the Cell is to act as a one-stop digital platform to obtain central and state clearances/approvals required to start business operations in India. The Geographical Information System (GIS) enabled land bank under the Industrial Information System (IIS) is also part of the Single Window System. The System will work under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Which country finalised a bilateral rice deal with India’s NAFED (the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd) on December, 2020?
Bangladesh is finalising a purchase of 150,000 tonnes of rice from India’s NAFED (the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd), this would be the first such bilateral deal in three years after floods in Bangladesh sent local prices to a record high. Bangladesh could buy 100,000 tonnes of parboiled rice and 50,000 tonnes of white rice under a government-to-government deal.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made FASTag mandatory for all vehicles from 1st January, 2021.Which technology will be used to make payments through FASTag?
1) Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
2) Ultra-wideband (UWB)
4) Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
5) All the Above
Answer-4) Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari announced that FASTag will be mandatory for all vehicles in the country from January 1, 2021. The FASTags were launched in 2016, easing commuters as they will not need to stop at toll plazas for cash payments, adding that it will also save time and fuel.A FASTag make an automatic deduction of toll charges and the payment will be made under RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology at the toll plazas without the need to stop the vehicle for any cash transaction.
- Which scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi in Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) covering all its residents, on December, 2020?
1) PM SVANidhi Scheme
2) PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
3) PM Swamitva Yojana
4) PM-JAY SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
5) PM Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises Scheme
Answer-4) PM-JAY SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
On December 26, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri-Jan Arogya Yojana Social Endeavour for Health & Telemedicine (PM-JAY SEHAT) Health Insurance scheme for covering all the residents of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). The scheme will operate on insurance mode in convergence with PM-JAY. The scheme was launched by the Government of India in 2018 for providing free access to healthcare for 40% of residents in India.
- Which bank recently launched Digital Lending Platform (DLP), on December, 2020 digitizing the entire process of getting a loan?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) ICICI Bank
3) Bandhan Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) HDFC Bank
Answer-1) Bank of Baroda
On December 28, Bank of Baroda (BoB) launched Digital Lending Platform (DLP), to allow retail loan seekers to get loans in a digital way through a paperless process. It provides ‘in-principle approval’ to the loan seekers in 30 minutes for home, car and personal loans without human intervention through multiple channels namely website, mobile banking, internet banking and social media. The bank also offers ‘Online Loan against Fixed Deposits(FD)’ through Digital Lending Platform.
- Name the Indian Celebrity who was recently appointed as the brand ambassador of ‘Classplus’, an online platform for teachers and training institutes in December, 2020.
1) Anand Kumar
2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Sourav Ganguly
5) Rohit Sharma
Answer-4) Sourav Ganguly
Classplus, from Noida, uncovered that past Indian cricket skipper, Sourav Ganguly as its national celebrity endorser and their brand ambassador. Classplus, is a one of its kind mobile Operating System which enables training institutes to go online with their brick-and-mortar setup.
- Who won the Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade at the ICC awards of the Decade (2011-2020)?
1) MS Dhoni
2) Kane Williamson
3) Virat Kohli
4) Ben Stokes
5) Steve Smith
Answer-3) Virat Kohli
On December 28, 2020 The winners of the International Cricket Council(ICC) Awards of the Decade (2011-2020) were announced. In this, Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli wins the Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade.
Name of the Cricketer Country Award Virat Kohli India Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade
ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade
MS Dhoni India ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade Ellyse Perry Australia Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade
ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade
ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade
Steve Smith Australia ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Decade Rashid Khan Afghanistan ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade
- Who received “Scientist of the Year Award-2018” by DRDO on December, 2020?
1) Hemant Kumar Pandey
2) Tessy Thomas
3) Sudhir Kamath
4) Pravin K Mehta
5) Samir V. Kamat
Answer-1) Hemant Kumar Pandey
Dr Hemant Kumar Pandey has been conferred ‘Scientist of the Year Award-2018’ by Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO) for his contributions towards developing herbal medicines which includes ‘Lukoskin’ a drug for treatment of leucoderma. Pandey has been undertaking research at DRDO’s Defence Institute of Bio-Energy Research (DIBER) at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand for 25 years.
- What is India’s position in the 12th edition of World Economic League Table 2021 (WELT) released by Centre for Economics & Business Research Ltd (CEBR) in December, 2020?
According to the 12th edition of World Economic League Table 2021 (WELT) an Annual report released by Centre for Economics & Business Research Ltd (CEBR), India slumped 1 spot to 6th Largest Economy (out of 195 countries) in the world in 2020 from 5th in 2019 due to the impact of COVID19. The United States (US) topped the 2020 rankings followed by China & Japan. India overtook the United Kingdom (UK) to become the 5th Largest economy in 2019 rankings. The report stated that India will become 5th Largest Economy by 2025 & 3rd Largest by 2030.
- Which Country’s Navy participated with Indian Naval force in the Passage Exercise (PASSEX) 2020 held in the South China Sea?
Indian Navy & Vietnam People’s Navy undertook a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) 2020 in the South China Sea from December 26-27, 2020 to boost maritime cooperation between the two countries. On December 25, 2020 Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kiltan carrying 15 tonnes of Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) reached NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City as part of Mission Sagar-III. The relief materials are for the flood-affected people of Central Vietnam.
- Which country recently launched a new remote sensing satellite “Yaogan 33R”, on December 2020?
On December 27, 2020 China successfully launched ‘Yaogan 33R’, a new remote sensing satellite from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China into space. The satellite was sent into orbit by a Long March-4C(Y35) rocket. Weina Jishu Shiyan, a micro and nano technology experiment satellite was also launched in this mission. These 2 satellites will be used for scientific experiments, land resources survey, crop yield estimation and disaster prevention and reduction.
- Which ISRO Satellite’s initial data were released to the general public through the PRADAN portal hosted by ISSDC (Indian Space Science Data Centre), on December 2020?
2) Chandrayaan 2
Answer-2) Chandrayaan 2
On December 24, 2020, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) released the initial data from Chandrayaan-2, India’s second Moon Mission to the general public through PRADAN portal hosted by ISSDC (Indian Space Science Data Centre). ISRO is in the process of developing Green Propellants for ‘Gaganyaan’ – India’s human space flight mission. ISRO has also developed space-grade lithium-ion batteries electric propulsion systems.
- Which book was launched by PM Narendra Modi on December, 2020 that was published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat?
1) Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy
2) Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World
3) Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament – A Commemorative Volume
4) Connecting, Communicating, Changing
5) The Age of Pandemic (1817-1920): How they Shaped India and the World
Answer-3) Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament – A Commemorative Volume
On 25th December 2020, Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi released the book “Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament – A Commemorative Volume” to commemorate the 96th birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The book was published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat. The birth anniversary of Vajpayee is observed as the “National Good Governance Day” and the book was released at the event held in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi.
- Who authored the book ‘Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav’ that was launched by AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik?
1) Dr.Anuja Chauhan
2) Dr.Roopa Chari
3) Mrs.Kiran Desai
4) Miss.Krishna Sobti
5) Mrs.Preeti Shenoy
Answer-2) Dr.Roopa Chari
On December 26, 2020 Shripad Naik, Union Minister of state (I/C) for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) and Minister of State for Defence released a Konkani book titled ‘Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav’. This book is authored by Dr Roopa Chari and published by Sanjana Publications.
- Which field does late Padma Shri Sunil Kothari belong to?
1) Science & Technology
5) Public Affairs
On December 27, 2020 Padma Shri Sunil Kothari, an eminent and noted Indian dance historian, scholar and critic passed away at the age of 87 at a Delhi hospital. He was born on 20th December 1933 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He received many awards including, Padma Shri award in 2001 for Art, Sangeet Natak Akademi award in 1995, the Life Time Achievement Award of the Dance Critics Association, New York, USA (2011)
- Former Union Minister and 4 time Lok Sabha member M. R. Janardhanan passed away on December, 2020, he belongs to which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
On December 26, 2020 Kadambur M. R. Janardhanan, former union minister and senior All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader passed away in a private hospital in Thoothukudi (formerly Tuticorin), TamilNadu due to age-related ailments. He was born in Kadambur, Thoothukudi district on October 22, 1929. He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tirunelveli constituency, TamilNadu first in 1984 and then again in 1989, 1991 and 1998.
- When was the 1st ever ‘International Day of Epidemic Preparedness’ observed globally by the United Nations?
1) 25th December, 2020
2) 15th December, 2020
3) 27th December, 2020
4) 22nd December, 2020
5) 28th December, 2020
Answer-3) 27th December, 2020
The United Nations(UN)’s observed the first ever International Day of Epidemic Preparedness across the globe on 27th December 2020. The day recognises the role of government and other stakeholders like healthcare workers in controlling and managing the outbreak of epidemic. To promote the importance of the prevention of, preparedness for and the partnership against epidemics.
- Where was a new species of wild Sun Rose, ‘Portulaca laljii’ discovered?
1) Andaman & Nicobar
2) Eastern Ghats
3) Western Ghats
4) Eastern Himalaya
5) Satpura Range
Answer-2) Eastern Ghats
Botanists have discovered a new species of wild Sun Rose, ‘Portulaca laljii’ from Eastern Ghats (Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh) in India. The new species is from genus Portulaca (Family -Portulacaceae). The species is named after Lal Ji Singh, an eminent botanist of the Botanical Survey of India associated with the Andaman and Nicobar Centre of the Botanical Survey of India to honour his contributions.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Pompeii Archaeological Park, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites located?
Pompeii Archaeological Park is located in Italy.Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy.
- Where is Satkosia Tiger Reserve located?
2) Madhya Pradesh
Satkosia Tiger Reserve is located in Odisha.
- Who was the present CEO of the International Cricket Council (ICC) on December, 2020?
1) Imran Khwaja
2) Yuvraj Narayan
3) Anil Kumble
4) Manu Sawhney
5) Greg Barclay
Answer-4) Manu Sawhney
Manu Sawhney was the present CEO of International Cricket Council (ICC) on December, 2020.
- Where is the headquarters of Bank of Baroda?
Bank of Baroda is headquartered at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Delhi Dam is also known as ______.
1) Amli Kheda Dam
2) Jayanti Devi Dam
3) Siswan Dam
4) Jawahar Sagar Dam
5) Hartwick Dam
Answer-5) Hartwick Dam
Delhi Dam, also known as Hartwick Dam, was an embankment dam on the Maquoketa River 2.5 km southwest of Delhi, Iowa that created Delhi Lake.