We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 10 June 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
NITI Aayog, Piramal Foundation launch COVID-19 Home Care in 112 Aspirational DistrictsNITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation have launched ‘Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaanin’ in 112 Aspirational Districts to help district administrations to provide home-care support to COVID-19 patients who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.
- Objective – It aims to provide long-term support to India’s poorest communities in the Aspirational Districts by addressing the lasting impact of COVID-19.
- The initiative is part of the ‘Aspirational Districts Collaborative’, in which local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations for addressing emerging problems across key focus areas of Aspirational Districts Programme.
- Most of Aspirational districts (backward districts) are situated in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Maharashtra.
i.The initiative will be led by District Magistrates in partnership with over 1000 local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and volunteers. It will train around 1 Lakh volunteers to connect with patients through calls and support the training of NGOs and volunteers.
ii.NGOs will mobilize local volunteers for providing home-care support to those affected, based on the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
About NITI Aayog
CEO – Amitabh Kant
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Piramal Foundation
Chairman – Ajay P
CEO – Aditya Natraj
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
>>Read Full News
Prakash Javadekar launches Awareness Campaign on Single-use plastic &India Plastic Challenge Hackathon 2021On Occasion of the World Oceans Day (June 8), Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change Prakash Javadekar launched an 2-month Awareness Campaign on Single-Use Plastic (SUP) & India Plastic Challenge – Hackathon 2021. In 2019, Government of India had set a target of phasing-out SUP in India by 2022.
- The awareness campaign will focus on plastic waste management and elimination of identified SUP items and aims to bring behavioural change in the people.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) & GIZ India (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH) will be the knowledge partners, while Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will be the Industry partner for the awareness campaign.
- The 2-month long awareness programme will consist of 4 on-line regional events and a social media campaign for spreading the message of mitigation of plastic pollution.
India Plastic Challenge – Hackathon 2021
The Hackathon was announced for tackling plastic waste pollution and elimination of single use plastic.
i.Objective – To develop innovative solutions to mitigate plastic pollution and develop alternatives to single use plastic.
About Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC)
Union Minister – Prakash Javadekar ( Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS)– Babul Supriyo ( Asansol, West Bengal)
>>Read Full News
CII-IGBC signed MoU with IIA for Green Building Movement Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) to strengthen the Green Building Movement and to promote sustainable development in the field of Architectural Design and planning.
V Suresh, Chairman of IGBC and C R Raju, National President of IIA, exchanged the MoU over a virtual platform.
i.To set a new global benchmark in environmentally sensitive building design, resource conservation, energy and environmental management.
ii.Under this MoU, CII-IGBC will jointly work with IIA in research areas related to architectural design, handholding the projects, in creating awareness and through outreach programmes
Green Buildings and India:
i.India is one of the top 3 countries in the world in terms of the registered green building footprint.
ii.More than 6548 Green Building projects are registered with IGBC which accounts for a footprint of 7.83 billion square feet.
About Indian Green Building Council (IGBC):
Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) is a part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Formed in 2001
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
Kiren Rijiju Released the E-Book – “20 Medicinal Plants for 2021 for Covid-19 Care”Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State for Ayush, released the e-book titled “20 Medicinal Plants for 2021 for Covid-19 care” to highlight the importance of medicinal plants and their therapeutic properties. The ebook was prepared by the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB).
About the E-Book:
i.The book records the botanical names, vernacular names, chemical constituents, therapeutic values, pharmacological principles and important formulations.
ii.The plants mentioned in the ebook can be used in the prevention and management of Covid-19 along with the standard of care.
About National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB):
National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), under the Ministry of AYUSH, was established by the Government of India to promote the medicinal plant’s sector.
CEO-Dr J.L.N. Sastry
Established on 2000
Headquarters– New Delhi
Government extends Free Foodgrains Scheme till November 2021The Central Government has announced the extension of the Scheme to distribute Free of cost – Wheat & Rice Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) to around 80 Crore people till November 2021. Earlier, the scheme was applicable for the months of May & June 2021 only.
i.Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY), the Central government is distributing 5 Kg free food grains per person per month to 80 Crore beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- It was launched to support the vulnerable sections of the society and was implemented during April-November 2020.
- It was reintroduced for May-June 2021 to deal with the impact of the 2nd wave of the pandemic. The estimated cost for the two months was around INR 25, 332.92 Crore.
ii.Food Corporation of India (FCI) is the nodal agency for procurement and distribution of foodgrains.
About Food Corporation of India (FCI)
It is a statutory body created and run by the Government of India. It is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
Chairman & MD – Atish Chandra
Headquarters – New Delhi
Sixth Batch Of Rafale Fighter Aircraft Lands In India
The sixth batch containing three Rafale fighter aircrafts have recently landed in India. These planes will be deployed in Hasimara, West Bengal.These aircrafts were developed by the France-based Dassault Aviation.
- India has ordered 36 of these planes from France in 2016.
- With this recent arrival, two-third of the ordered planes have been received by India.
- They are expected to provide a strategic edge for ensuring enhanced border security.
New Zealand’s Auckland named World’s Most Liveable City: EIU Report 2021According to the Global Liveability Index 2021 released by the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU), New Zealand’s Auckland has been named as the World’s Most Liveable City due to its ability to control the spread of COVID-19 pandemic faster and lift restrictions earlier than other cities in the world even though city had more COVID-19 cases.
- Osaka (Japan), and Adelaide (Australia) came 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Auckland has replaced Vienna (Austrian Capital) as the most liveable city. Vienna had topped the list since 2018.
- The Index is based on a survey conducted between February 22-March 21, 2021 and ranks 140 cities. Globally, the average livability score has fallen by 7 points compared to average pre-pandemic score.
- The Liveability Index is a bi-annual index and ranks cities based on 5 Indicators – stability, healthcare, education, culture and environment, and infrastructure.
- Syrian Capital, Damascus remained the least liveable city at Rank 140.
|1||96.0||Auckland, New Zealand|
About Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU)
Managing Director – Robin Bew
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
>>Read Full News
QS World University Rankings 2022: MIT, USA ranked World’s Best University, IIT Bombay Top ranked Indian UniversityAccording to the 18th Edition of QS World University Rankings 2022 released by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in USA was ranked as the World’s No. 1 University (for the 10th consecutive time) followed by University of Oxford (UK) while Stanford University (USA) & Cambridge University (UK) shared the 3rd spot. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) was the top ranked Indian University at 177 (score of 46.4)
i.Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru) was ranked as the World’s top research university in accordance with quotes per faculty indicator.
- IISc Bengaluru received a score of 100 out of 100 for quotes per metric faculty (CPF).
ii.Around 1300 Universities in 2022 rankings. They were ranked based on 6 Indicators – Academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per faculty, faculty/student ratio, international faculty ratio and international student ratio.
|1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA||100|
|2||Oxford University, UK||99.5|
|3||Stanford University, USA||98.7|
|3||Cambridge University, UK||98.7|
Indian University Rankings
|Indian Rank||University||World Rank|
About QS World University Ranking:
Founder and CEO – Nunzio Quacquarelli
Head office – the United Kingdom
>>Read Full News
The 2nd UN Global Sustainable Transport Conference will be held in Beijing
The Second United Nations(UN) Global Sustainable Transport Conference will take place from 14 to 16 October 2021 in Beijing, China. The conference under the theme “sustainable transport, sustainable development” will highlight the importance of sustainable transport towards achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- The conference will focus on the opportunities, challenges and solutions towards achieving sustainable transport worldwide.
- The 1st Global Sustainable Transport Conference held in 2016 in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
BANKING & FINANCE
Central Bank of India Inks Co-Lending Pacts with Indiabulls Housing, IIFL HFL to Offer Home LoansIn June 2021, Central Bank of India announced co-lending partnerships with Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs), Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited (Indiabulls HFL) and IIFL Home Finance Limited (IIFL HFL) to offer housing loans under priority sector to homebuyers.
- Indiabulls HFL and IIFL HFL will service the loan account throughout the life cycle of the loan, they will originate and process retail home loans.
- Central Bank of India will take 80 percent of the housing loan into its book under direct assignment transactions.
- This co-lending is based on Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Co-Lending Model (CLM), which was announced by it in November 2020.
About Central Bank of India:
Establishment – 1911
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – M. V. Rao
Tagline – ‘Central’ to you since 1911
>>Read Full News
KIADB inks MoU with HDFC Bank to Offer Banking Solutions to InvestorsOn June 08, 2021, Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for 3 years with HDFC Bank to provide a wide range of financial products and services to its customers.
i.To attract more investments into Karnataka and to make the land acquisition for industrial purposes more affordable, KIADB collaborated with HDFC bank to enable its eligible investor/customer of KIADB to avail of credit facilities from HDFC Bank as per Bank process and policies.
ii.As per the MoU, KIADB nominates HDFC Bank as one of its banking partners to finance its eligible customers/allottees of industrial land/plot for setting up their project, HDFC bank also accepts the nomination.
iii.HDFC bank will offer credit facilities to eligible companies/investors of KIADB up to 75 percent of the project.
About Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB):
Establishment – 1966 through KIAD Act
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO & Executive Member – N Shivashankara
>>Read Full News
RBI Extended the Banking License of Rupee Co-Operative Bank till August 31, 2021
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the banking license of the Rupee Co-operative Bank, Pune, Maharashtra till August 31, 2021. During the last 5 years, the Bank has made a total recovery of Rs 263.93 crores and an aggregate operating profit of Rs 70.70 crores till March-2021. The Bank had paid Rs 366.54 Crores to 92602 needy depositors under the Hardship Scheme till March-2021.
- The Bank has 5 lakh depositors with aggregate deposits of Rs 1297 crores out of which around 99 percent of depositors (i.e.4,84,336) have deposits less than the insurance cover limit of Rs 5 lakh and they have total deposits of Rs 714 crores.
- The remaining 1 percent i.e. 4562 depositors have total deposits of Rs 583 crores which are above the deposit insurance cover.
- Hence, RBI is planning to liquidate the bank and fully refund deposits under insurance cover.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
World Bank Forecasted India’s GDP Growth for FY22 to 8.3%, FY23 at 7.5%; Crisil Projected India’s FY22 Growth at 9.5%
In its June 2021 Global Economic Prospects, World Bank revised India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 8.3 percent from its earlier estimate of 10.1 percent, (the forecast has been revised up by 2.9 percentage points). It has also projected India’s growth in FY23 at 7.5 percent due to the impact of COVID-19.
- WB estimated India’s economy to have contracted by 7.3 (-7.3) percent in 2020. It also estimated India to grow at 7.5 percent and 6.5 percent in calendar years 2023 and 2024.
- Global Growth: WB increased its global growth forecast in 2021 from 4.1 percent (January 2021, forecast) to 5.6 percent, the fastest post-recession pace in 80 years.
Crisil cut India’s GDP growth estimate for FY22 to 9.5 percent:
Crisil cut its FY22 growth estimate for India to 9.5 percent from the earlier 11 percent, with a contraction of 7.3(-7.3) percent in FY21 due to the hit to private consumption and investments following the second wave of COVID-19.
About World Bank:
The World Bank Group consists of 5 organizations:
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- The International Development Association (IDA) (Together, IBRD and IDA make up the World Bank)
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
Member countries – 189
President – David R. Malpass (13th President)
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Delhi, Hyderabad Airports Received ACI Asia–Pacific Green Airports RecognitionGMR Airports-run Delhi and Hyderabad airports have been felicitated by the Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2021(Platinum and Gold Recognistions) for their environmentally sustainable initiatives.
AIC’s Platinum and Gold Recognition:
a.The Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL):
i.DIAL was awarded with the Platinum Recognition in the over 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category.
ii.This is the 5th consecutive year where DIAL has been awarded for its Green taxiing initiatives at Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) Airport based on TaxiBots.
iii. The use of TaxiBot has reduced around ~532 tonnes of Carbon at Delhi Airport. It also helped airlines in saving around ~214,000 litres of aviation turbine fuel (ATF).
iv.DIAL was working towards its objective of becoming – a net-zero carbon emission airport by 2030. DIAL is also named as IGI.
b.The GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL):
i.GHIAL received the Gold Recognition in the below 25 MPPA category.
ii.GHIAL was receiving this award 4th times in a row for its sustainable airport operations for effective Air Quality Management.
iii.Some of the initiatives include – Usage of Fixed Electrical Ground Power (FEGP) and saving Auxiliary Power Unit (ATF), use of Solar-powered Baggage Freight Loader (BFL), step ladder, electric coaches, tugs, and vehicles resulting in the saving of diesel and associated air emissions. GHIAL is also named as, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
ACI’s Green Airports Recognition programme:
i.It is a programme that intends to promote environmental best practices to minimize the aviation industry’s impact on the environment. It recognizes ACI Asia-Pacific members for outstanding environmental initiatives and projects every year.
ii.Theme for 2021: The environment-based theme by ACI for 2021 was – Air Quality Management specifically emphasizing the benefit of local air quality management.
About GMR Group:
It presently owns and operates Delhi and Hyderabad International Airports.
Establishment – 1978
Chairman – B V N Rao
About Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL):
It is the 1st Carbon Neutral Airport in Asia Pacific Region
CEO – Videh Kumar Jaipuriar
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Former UP Chief Secretary Anup Chandra Pandey Appointed as Election CommissionerThe Government of India has appointed Anup Chandra Pandey, retired Ias officer of 1984 batch, Uttar Pradesh Cadre as the Election Commissioner of India with effect from the date he assumes the office. He will retire in February 2024.
- He was appointed to the position which was previously held by former Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora who retired on 12th April 2021.
- Anup Chandra Pandey will join Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sushil Chandra and Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar in the 3 member top executive body of the Election Commission of India (ECI) which will oversee the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand.
About Anup Chandra Pandey:
i.Anup Chandra Pandey has served as the chief secretary of Uttar Pradesh(UP) under Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath from 2018 to 2019.
ii.He has also served as the Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner of UP.
About Election Commission of India(ECI):
Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India.
ECI was established in accordance with the Constitution on 25th January 1950.
Chief Election Commissioner(CEC)– Sushil Chandra
Headquarters– New Delhi
RBI Deputy Governor MK Jain Gets Two-Year ExtensionThe Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved re-appointment of Mahesh Kumar Jain(MK Jain) as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of two years with effect from 22.06.2021, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- His three-year term is due to get completed on June 21,2021
- He handles portfolios including coordination, central security cell, consumer education and protection department, supervision, financial Inclusion, human resource and rajbhasha.
About MK Jain:
i.MK Jain was appointed as deputy governor of RBI for three years in June 2018.
ii.Before that he served as Managing Director(MD) of IDBI Bank since March 2017.
iii.He also served as Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Director(CEO) of Indian Bank from November 2015 to March 2017.
About Reserve Bank of India(RBI):
Key Appointments in RBI are made by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by the Prime Minister appoints the governor and deputy governors.
Establishment: 1st April 1935
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor: Shaktikanta Das(25th governor of the RBI)
Deputy Governors: Michael Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao,MK Jain and Rabi Sankar.
Chandra Shekhar Ghosh Re-Appointed As MD&CEO of Bandhan Bank For 3 YearsThe Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has granted approval for re-appointment of Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD&CEO) of Bandhan bank, for a period of three years, with effect from July 10, 2021.
- On November 2, 2020, Bandhan Bank Board had approved Chandra Shekhar Ghosh’s re-appointment for a period of five years subject to RBI approval.
- But, the RBI had held Chandra Shekhar Ghosh’s remuneration as Bandhan Bank failed to cut down promoters’ stake to 40 per cent, from close to 82 per cent, within three years of commencing operations.
Bandhan had merged with Gruh Finance to reduce the promoter ownership to the 60 percent level from the earlier 82 percent.
i.Chandra Shekhar Ghosh had set up Bandhan as an NGO in April 2001 and it was converted into an NBFC later.
ii.After getting licence from the RBI, it was established as a universal bank in August 2015 with headquarters in Kolkata,West Bengal.
iii.Bandhan is the first bank in India which has been transformed from a microfinance institution to a Universal Bank.
According to RBI’s bank licence norms, a private sector bank’s promoter will need to pare holding to 40 per cent within three years, 20 percent within 10 years and to 15 per cent within 15 years.
Choguel Kokalla Maïga Named as the New PM of MaliAssimi Goita, the transitional president of Mali named Choguel Kokalla Maïga, as the transitional Prime Minister(PM) of Mali. He is the president of the Strategic Committee of the Movement of June 5-Rally of Patriotic Forces (M5-RFP).
Choguel Kokalla Maïga succeeds Moctar Ouane, the previous PM of Mali who was arrested by the Military on 24th May 2021.
- Moctar Ouane was released after three days but resigned from the post of Prime Minister due to political pressure.
About Choguel Kokalla Maïga:
i.Choguel Kokalla Maïgawas born on April 2, 1958 in Tabango, Gao region, Mali.
ii.He started his political career with the National Union of Young People of Mali (UNJM), founded by former President Moussa Traore.
iii.He has served as the Minister of Industry and Commerce from 2002 to 2007 and the Minister of Digital Economy, Information and Communication from 2015 to 2016.
President– Assimi Goita
Prime Minister(PM)– Choguel Kokalla Maiga
Currency– West African CFA Franc
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Overview of CCI’s Approval for Stake Acquisitions and Merging of FirmOn June 08, 2021, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the following proposed acquisitions and merging of firms.
i.Tata Power’s 51% acquisition of 3 Odisha power utilities
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved Tata Power Company Limited’s (TPCL) proposed purchase of 51 percent stake each in 3 power utilities in Odisha viz, Western Electricity Supply Company of Odisha (WESCO) Utility, Southern Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Ltd (SOUTHCO) Utility, and Central Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Ltd (CESCO) Utility from Grid Corporation of Odisha Limited (GRIDCO).
ii.ReNew Power merger with RMG II
CCI approved exchange of equity shareholding by existing shareholders of ReNew Power Private Limited (ReNew Power) with shares of ReNew Global, along with a reverse triangular merger of the subsidiary of ReNew Global with RMG II.
iii.BCP Topco, other entities’ acquisition of the stake in Mphasis
CCI approved the acquisition of Mphasis Limited by BCP Topco IX Pte. Ltd. (BCP Topco), Waverly Pte Ltd. and Platinum Owl C 2018 RSC Limited.
iv.Byju’s acquisition of Aakash Educational Services
CCI approved the acquisition of a certain stake of Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) by BYJU’S Think & Learn Private Limited in a cash and stock deal estimated at $950 million, sealing its largest buyout. BYJU’S will acquire complete and sole control over AESL.
About Tata Power Company Limited (TPCL):
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO & MD – Praveer Sinha
>>Read Full News
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Income Tax Department launches new e-filing portalThe Income Tax Department launched its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in. The portal aims to provide a convenient, modern, and seamless experience to taxpayers.
- The mobile app is also set to be launched soon.
- The launch of the portal is an initiative by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to provide ease of compliance to taxpayers and other stakeholders.
Key Features of the New Portal
- The portal is integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries.
- Functions like filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals are also available.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
Interim Chairman – Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra
Headquarters – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
World Accreditation Day 2021 – 9th JuneWorld Accreditation Day(WAD) is annually observed across the globe on 9th June by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(ILAC) and the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) to promote the value of accreditation.
The day is a global initiative of ILAC and IAF celebrated to create awareness about the importance of accreditation among the stakeholders.
The theme of WAD 2021 is “Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), under the Department of Science and Technology, is a Constituent Board of Quality Council of India.
CEO– N. Venkateswaran
Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana
>>Read Full News
Gujarat Launched ”e-Nirman” Portal & Mobile App For Unorganised Sector WorkersGujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched ‘e-Nirman’ portal and its mobile App for Unorganised Sector Workers.
- To facilitate online registration of workers from the unorganised sector
- To give smart cards for availing various welfare schemes to unorganised sector workers
i.Workers’ data can be linked directly to the ‘CM Dashboard’ using the e-Nirmal portal and mobile app to monitor in real-time.
ii.21000 service centers have been set up for registration work and to issue the U-WIN smart cards.
iii.Workers can either use these online platforms or to visit personally for registration.
iv.Workers having the U-WIN cards can get benefits of several government schemes, such as insurance, ”Ma Amrutam” scheme for hospitalisation, and affordable meals under the ”Shramik Annapurna Yojna”
Punjab Becomes First State To Use NFC-Based “eIDs”
Punjab Government becomes the first state in India to initiate the usage of Electronic Identity Cards (eIDs) equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for Government officers and employees through Punjab Mandi Board.
i.These NFC-based eIDs will be used as a primary authentication tool and operate at 13.66 MHz and transfer data at up to 424 Kbits/ seconds.
ii.An employee will be authenticated by his/ her Human Resource Management System (HRMS) data where the details of every officer and employee is stored in the form of a service book.
Punjab Becomes First State To Launch Digi-Locker Facility For Farmers
Besides promoting e-governance, Punjab also launched a digi-locker facility for its farmers,becoming the first State in India to do so.
- The digital J-Form in Digi Locker can be used to raise finance from financial institutions, IT waivers, subsidy claims, farmer insurance etc.
Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
Chief minister: Captain Amarinder Singh
>>Read Full News
Rajasthan Launched CM Anuprati Coaching Scheme For Underprivileged Students
Rajasthan has launched Chief Minister(CM) Anuprati Coaching Scheme to help underprivileged students who prepare for entrance examinations to civil services and professional courses.
- Free Coaching will be provided for civil services examination,engineering , medical entrance examinations and Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- Eligibility for the scheme will be based on marks scored by students in class 10 and 12.
- The social justice and empowerment department will be the nodal agency for the scheme.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 10 June 2021|
|1||NITI Aayog, Piramal Foundation launch COVID-19 Home Care in 112 Aspirational Districts|
|2||Prakash Javadekar launches Awareness Campaign on Single-use plastic &India Plastic Challenge Hackathon 2021|
|3||CII-IGBC signed MoU with IIA for Green Building Movement|
|4||Kiren Rijiju Released the E-Book – “20 Medicinal Plants for 2021 for Covid-19 Care”|
|5||Government extends Free Foodgrains Scheme till November 2021|
|6||Sixth Batch Of Rafale Fighter Aircraft Lands In India|
|7||New Zealand’s Auckland named World’s Most Liveable City: EIU Report 2021|
|8||QS World University Rankings 2022: MIT, USA ranked World’s Best University, IIT Bombay Top ranked Indian University|
|9||The 2nd UN Global Sustainable Transport Conference will be held in Beijing|
|10||Central Bank of India Inks Co-Lending Pacts with Indiabulls Housing, IIFL HFL to Offer Home Loans|
|11||KIADB inks MoU with HDFC Bank to Offer Banking Solutions to Investors|
|12||RBI Extended the Banking License of Rupee Co-Operative Bank till August 31, 2021|
|13||World Bank Forecasted India’s GDP Growth for FY22 to 8.3%, FY23 at 7.5%; Crisil Projected India’s FY22 Growth at 9.5%|
|14||Delhi, Hyderabad Airports Received ACI Asia–Pacific Green Airports Recognition|
|15||Former UP Chief Secretary Anup Chandra Pandey Appointed as Election Commissioner|
|16||RBI Deputy Governor MK Jain Gets Two-Year Extension|
|17||Chandra Shekhar Ghosh Re-Appointed As MD&CEO of Bandhan Bank For 3 Years|
|18||Choguel Kokalla Maïga Named as the New PM of Mali|
|19||Overview of CCI’s Approval for Stake Acquisitions and Merging of Firm|
|20||Income Tax Department launches new e-filing portal|
|21||World Accreditation Day 2021 – 9th June|
|22||Gujarat Launched ”e-Nirman” Portal & Mobile App For Unorganised Sector Workers|
|23||Punjab Becomes First State To Use NFC-Based “eIDs”|
|24||Rajasthan Launched CM Anuprati Coaching Scheme For Underprivileged Students|