According to the 18th Edition of QS World University Rankings 2022 released by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in USA was ranked as the World’s No. 1 University (for the 10th consecutive time).Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) was the top ranked Indian University at 177
(score of 46.4).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) topped the ranking followed by University of Oxford (UK) while Stanford University (USA) & Cambridge University (UK) shared the 3rd spot.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru) was ranked as the World’s top research university in accordance with quotes per faculty indicator. IISc Bengaluru received a score of 100 out of 100 for quotes per metric faculty (CPF).
- Only 3 Indian Institutes have featured in Top 200 World Universities. They are IIT Bombay (177), IIT Delhi (185), and IISc Bengaluru (186).
Around 1300 Universities in 2022 rankings. They were ranked based on 6 Indicators – Academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per faculty, faculty/student ratio, international faculty ratio and international student ratio.
|1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA||100|
|2||Oxford University, UK||99.5|
|3||Stanford University, USA||98.7|
|3||Cambridge University, UK||98.7|
Indian University Rankings
|Indian Rank||University||World Rank|
- For the 1st time, IIT Hyderabad was ranked in the top 600 at 591-600 band.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi made its debut in the QS World University Rankings, it was placed in the 561-570 band.
- Indian Universities have improved their research impact, with 17 of India’s 35 universities seeing an increase in CPF score.
- Indian Universities continue to struggle in the QS’ measure of institutional teaching capacity. 23 of India’s 35 universities suffered declines in QS’ faculty/student ratio indicator.
Note – In the 17th Edition of QS World University Rankings 2021 – MIT topped the rankings. 3 Indian Institutions were among the top two-hundred ranks 2 IITs and IISC
Recent Related News:
June 11, 2020, QS 17th edition of the QS World University Rankings 2021. Globally, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), USA continues to be the number one for the 9th year in a row.
About QS World University Ranking:
Founder and CEO – Nunzio Quacquarelli
Head office – the United Kingdom