The Income Tax Department launched its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in. The portal aims to provide a convenient, modern, and seamless experience to taxpayers.
- The mobile app is also set to be launched soon.
- The launch of the portal is an initiative by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to provide ease of compliance to taxpayers and other stakeholders.
Key Features of the New Portal
- The portal is integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- All interactions, uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer.
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) & ITR 2 (offline).
- Taxpayers can update their profile to provide details of income like salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in prefilling ITRs.
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries.
- Functions like filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals are also available.
The Income Tax Department also stated that the new tax payment system is set to be launched on June 18, 2021.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
Chairperson – Pramod Chandra Mody
Headquarters – New Delhi