The 9/11 site where the deadliest terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre in New York 14 years ago happened has the world’s costliest railway station . It was opened on March 3, 2016.
- The station has been built at a cost of $3.85 billion and its space measures 350*115 feet at its widest point.
- The centre connects New York to New Jersey, provides indoor commuter access to the Trade centre towers.
- It will house an enormous shopping plaza and a restaurant.
- The transit hub will serve 250,000 people and more than 200,000 commuters each day, making it the third-largest transportation centre in New York.
- Date : 11 September 2001
- Terrorist Outfit: Al Qiada
- What Happened: The twin towers of World Trade Centre were blown off by the four passenger airlines which were hijacked by the outfit. The were flown into the buildings
- Casualty: Around 3000 people killed
- Loss: Around $3 trillion in infrastructure and $10 billion in property
- World’s Longest Station: Gorakhpur, UP, India
- World’s Longest Railway Track: Trans Siberian Railway, Moscow
- World Longest Railway bridge: Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge in China