Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic GK(Honours & Awards) !!!
- The Noble Prizes for Peace, Physics, Chemistry, Medicine and Literature were started in
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1901
The Noble Prizes for Peace, Physics, Chemistry, Medicine and Literature were started in 1901 and Economics was started in 1968
- Who was the first Indian Nobel Laureates ?
5.None of theseAnswer -2.RabindranathTagore
Awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature,Rabindranath Tagore became the first Indian ever to get this award for his collection of his poems named “Geetanjali” that featured “profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful verse”.
- ……………………………….. was/ were Refused the Nobel Prize
1.Jean- Paul Sarte
2.Le Duc Tho
4.Both 1 and 2
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. Both 1 and 2
Jean- Paul Sarte(Literature) and Le Duc Tho(Peace) were Refused the Nobel Prize in 1964 and 1973 respectively
- Who received the first Nobel Prize in Physics ?
4.J. J. Thomson
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Wilhelm Röntgen
Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen was a German physicist, who, on 8 November 1895, produced and detected electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range known as X-rays or Röntgen rays, an achievement that earned him the first Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901.
- The Nobel Prize can be given to maximum ………………………….. persons
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.3
The Nobel Prize can be given to maximum 3 persons
- The first woman to win a Nobel Prize was …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Marie Curie
The first woman to win a Nobel Prize wasMarie Curie, who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1903 with her husband, Pierre Curie, and Henri Becquerel. Curie is also the only woman to have won multiple Nobel Prizes; in 1911, she won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- …………………………. is the only person to have been awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes
3.Robert S. Mulliken
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Linus Pauling
Linus Pauling is the only person to have been awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes – the 1954 Nobel Prize in Chemistry and the 1962 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Which of the following Organization won the Nobel Peace Prize ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.NATO
European Union, UNICEF and IAEA won the Nobel Peace Prize in different Years.
- Who among the following not received the Nobel Prize ?
4.George Walker Bush
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.George Walker Bush
Barack Obama and the other US Presidents who have won the Nobel Peace Prize are, in chronological order, Theodore Roosevelt,Woodrow Wilson, and Jimmy Carter
- Who became the first Indian woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa: She became the first Indian woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.