The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan- ‘Ek Kadam Swachhta Ki Aur’ is the pet project of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi which was flagged off on October 2, 2014 with a vision to make India free of open defecation by 2019 and to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of a clean India.
- As a part of this project, a survey was conducted at 407 railway stations, which included 75 A-1 stations and 332 A-category stations, Surat has emerged to be the cleanest Railway Stations in India, followed by Rajkot and Bilaspur. Varanasi stood last when evaluated on forty cleanliness parameters which formed the basis of the survey.
- The survey was conducted by Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
- As many as 1.34 lakh passengers /respondents shared their feedback on the 40 parameters during Jan-Feb 2016
- Around 40 per cent of all the stations surveyed fared ‘average’ in terms of cleanliness
- The stations surveyed include
- A-1 stations- Earning revenues more than 50 cr
- A-category stations – Earning revenues between Rs. 6 crore and Rs. 50 crore
IRCTC will soon submit the final report to the Railway Ministry that will include responses from railway staff and non-railway service providers.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification