Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his tour to Varanasi launched important schemes relating to power and road sectors as a part of financial inclusion initiative.
Under Financial Inclusion initiative
- A total of 101 e-rickshaws, 501 pedal rickshaws, and push-carts are being given as part of this initiative.
- Beneficiaries will also get bank accounts and RuPay cards under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- E-rickshaws are equipped with digital gadgets including GPRS and cameras
- Inaugurated a trauma centre at the Banaras Hindu University through a remote control from the DLW grounds
- Laid the foundation stones of Integrated Power Distribution System, Varanasi Ring Road Phase I and development of NH-58 from Babatpur airport to Varanasi city square.
The initiative has been synergized through various financial institutions including SIDBI, IDBI Bank, UCO Bank and the American India Foundation. Senior officials of these organizations were present on the occasion.
The Prime Minister declared that this event marked the beginning of an initiative that would bring about a change in the fortunes of the people of Varanasi.