Ministry of Textiles has entrusted the project of construction of Trade Facilitation Centre and Crafts Museum at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to State-run construction firm NBCC for an estimated amount of Rs 197 crore.
(NBCC – National Buildings Construction Corporation)
(Minister of Textile – Santosh Gangwar)
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE
- Keeping in view the vision of making the handloom and handicraft industry of Varanasi and neighbouring areas market oriented and for generating productive employment Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Trade Facilitation Centre and a Crafts Museum on 7th November 2014 at Bada Lalpur, Varanasi.
- To provide necessary help to weavers, artisans and entrepreneurs of Varanasi for boosting their marketing activities in domestic as well as international markets and carry forward the rich tradition of handlooms at Varanasi.
- In India, the handloom sector provides employment, directly and indirectly to over 43 lakh handloom weavers belonging to socially and economically weaker sections of the society particularly in the rural areas.
- Uttar Pradesh capital – Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh CM – Akhilesh Yadav
- Uttar Pradesh Governor – Ram Naik
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification