Well known for his Selfies, world tours, and catchy speeches to the Indian diaspora; and his social media engagement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has earned another badge to his Kurta, “TIME’s Internet Star”.
- Among Time’s thirty most influential people in the world, Modi has figured in the unranked list for the second time in a row. Kudos to the visionary who has the most number of followers on Social media after President Obama with 18 million Twitter Followers and 32 million Facebook likes!!
- Modi often uses social media to break news and conduct diplomacy which makes him suitable for a position in the list.
Some of the people in the list include:
- US presidential hopeful Donald Trump
- Reality TV star Kim Kardashian and her husband Kayne West
- Author J K Rowling
- Former Olympic athlete Caitlyn Jenner
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Lily Singh
- Josh Ostrovsky
- An American News Magazine created by Briton Hadden and Henry Luce
- First published in 1923 in New York City
- It has the world’s largest circulation for a weekly news magazine, and has a readership of 25 million, 20 million of which are based in the United States.
- Managing Director: Nancy Gibbs