Dear Readers & Aspirants, We collected some Modi Foreign Visits 2015 – 2016 and make it in points format. We Hope it will definitely help you for your upcoming Exams. All the Best My Dear Aspirants & Readers.
- Modi Foreign Visits 2014 – 2015 Part 1
- Modi Foreign Visits 2014 – 2015 Part 2
- Modi Foreign Visits 2014 – 2015 Part 3
- Modi Foreign Visits 2014 – 2015 Part 4
Date: December 23 – 24, 2015
PM Modi was in Russia for two days to attend the annual India-Russia Summit in Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin to further strengthen the already close bilateral strategic partnership.
- The two countries signed memorandums of understanding (MOU)on technical cooperation in the railway sector, building solar energy plants in India,investment cooperation in Russia’s Far East.
HERE IS THE LIST OF 16 PACTS
- Amending the agreement between the GOI and Russia on simplification of requirements for mutual travels of certain categories of citizens of the two countries
- Protocol amending agreement between the GOI and Russia on mutual travel regime for holders of Diplomatic & Official Passports
- Cooperation in the field of Helicopter Engineering – It includes manufacturing of 226 military helicopters and construction of 12 atomic plants with involvement of local companies in India.
- Combating Customs violations in 2015 – 2017
- Localization of Manufacturing in India for Russian-Designed Nuclear Reactor Unit – Programme of action agreed between Department of Atomic Energy of India and Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom”.
- Technical cooperation in railway sector – It has been inked between the Ministry of Railwaysand the Joint Stock Company “Russian Railways”.
- Construction of solar energy plants in India – It has been agreed between Solar Energy Corporation of Indiaand Russian Energy Agency.
- Development of Centre of Excellence for heavy engineering design at HEC (Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited) – It has been signed between HEC& CNIITMASH
- Upgradation and modernization of HEC’s manufacturing facilities – Inked between HEC& CNIITMASH
- Cooperation in the field of Broadcasting – It has been signed between Prasar Bharati and Digital Television Russia
- Tripartite MoU between Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC), Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) and Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU)
- Tripartite MoU between Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC), OJSC “GLONASS” and GLONASS Union
- Investment cooperation in the Russian Far East – It has been signed between Tata Power Company Limited and Ministry for Development of the Russian Far East
- Cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore and on the continental shelf of the Russian Federation
- Confirmation of successful completion of the first stage pre-completion actions in relation to the creation of a Joint Venture in JSC VankorNeft
Reliance Defence signs $6 billion pact with Russian arms firm
Reliance Defence had signed a manufacturing and maintenance deal potentially worth $6 billion with Russia’s Almaz-Antey, the maker of an air defence system.
- Earlier GOI had cleared the purchase of five S-400 air defence systems that are estimated to cost about $4.5 billion in a bid to modernize the country’s defences against airborne attacks.
NaMo ATTENDED 16th INDO-RUSSIA ANNUAL SUMMIT
As part of the 16th annual India-Russia Summit, Mr. Modi and Mr. Putin held a one-on-one meeting in Moscow.
- In this regard, ways to expand economic cooperation between the two countries were explored aiming to take the current bilateral annual trade of $ 10 billion to $30 billion in the next 10 years.
NaMo VISIT TO STATE-OF-THE-ART CRISIS MANAGEMENT CENTRE
Modi has visited Russia’s premier crisis management centre which deals with emergency situations and ensures coordination among various relevant agencies.
- It is named as National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) aka EMERCOMthe short form of Emergency Control Ministry.
RUSSIA’s GIFT TO INDIA
Putin gifts Mahatma’s notes, Indian sword to Modi
A page from Mahatma Gandhi’s diary containing his handwritten notes and an 18th century sword from Bengal has been presented to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Russia Capital – Moscow
- Russia Currency – Russian ruble
AFGHANISTAN & PAKISTAN
Date: December 25, 2015
After two days visit to Russia, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed in Afghanistan to inaugurate the newly-built Afghan parliament building in Kabul.
- The building is the latest symbol of a longstanding diplomatic effort by New Delhi to cultivate its links to Afghanistan.
- It was constructed by India at a cost of USD 90 million.
- The construction of building was started in 2009 and has missed its completion deadlines at least 3 times since 2011, and has gone over-budget by double the original costing of $45 million.
After inauguration, Delegation-level bilateral talks between the two countries were held on key bilateral issues including security co-operation and the ways to help the war-torn country.
- India has committed over USD 2 billion assistance.
- India is also supplying 3 Russian-made Mi-35 helicopters to Afghanistan’s air force.
Modi Visit to Pakistan
On his way back to India from Kabul he made an impromptu visit to Pakistan to wish his counterpart Nawaz Sharif on his birthday.
- During his 150-minute visit to Lahore, PM Modi held talks with Nawaz Sharif at the Pak PM’s residence. The two leaders decided to open ways for peace people of the two countries.
- Mr Modi is the first Indian PM to visit Pakistan since 2004.
The two countries have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947, two of them over Kashmir.
- Afghanistan Capital – Kabul
- Afghanistan Currency – Afghan afghani
- Pakistan Capital – Islamabad
- Pakistan Currency – Pakistani rupee
Date: March 30, 2016
In the first part of tour he visited Brussels, the capital of Belgium to restart and expedite talks on a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty and an extradition treaty to fight terrorism.
Invitation to Belgian Companies
There he invited the Belgian government and companies to take part in India’s ambitious projects, including Digital India, Start Up India and Skill India.
The 13th Summit between the European Union and India took place in Brussels on 30 March 2016.
Key Participants – Mr Jean-Claude Juncker (President of the European Commission), Mr Donald Tusk, (President of the European Council) and Mr Narendra Modi.
Key Highlights of Summit:
- The summit has endorsed the“EU-India Agenda for Action 2020” as a common road map for the strategic partnership in the next five years.
- New resolve to work together to reduce tensions in the geographic neighbourhood through dialogue and coordination.
- A ministerial conference to be held in Brussels and Heart of Asia Conference to be held in New Delhi later this year will focus international efforts to bring peace and development.
- The numerous initiatives launched grouped into a broad categories viz. economic cooperation, sustainable development, research and education.
- Belgium Capital – Brussels
- Belgium Currency – Euro
- Belgium PM – Charles Michel
Date: March 31 & April 1, 2016
As a second part of his tour, he arrived Washington on March 31st, to attend the two-day Nuclear Security Summit (NSS).
2016 Nuclear Security Summit
It was held in Washington, D.C. This was the fourth edition of the conference. It is an initiative of President Barack Obama to coordinate international efforts to prevent terror organizations from acquiring nuclear weapons or material.
- This is the last summit under President Barack Obama’s Presidency.
Participants – Leaders from more than 50 countries and 4 international organizations –European Union, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Interpol and UN.
- PM Modi presented the national progress report outlining the measures being taken by New Delhi for strengthening nuclear security and safety of nuclear technologies and devices.
NaMo announced n – security plans in the US as a part of the Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced several key initiatives taken in the area of nuclear security and non-proliferation. It includes the following:
- Countering nuclear smuggling and deployment of technology to deter nuclear terrorism.
- Strengthening of national detection architecture for nuclear and radioactive material.
- Dedicated counter-nuclear smuggling team has been set up.
- India will support the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) by a further contribution of USD 1 million to the nuclear security fund.
- A workshop with IAEA experts on International Physical Protection Assessment Service (IPPAS) will be held in India.
- Indiawill host a meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism in2017.
Indo – US MoU for LIGO project
India and the US on inked MoU for setting up a new Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) in India that will act as catalyst in the research of various aspects of gravitational wave astronomy.
- USA Capital – Washington, D.C.
- USA Currency – US Dollar
- USA President – Barack Obama
Date: April 2-3, 2016
As a third part of his tour, he arrived in Saudi Arabia. This is the first prime ministerial visit to the oil-rich Gulf kingdom after former PM Manmohan Singh in 2010. He held talks on bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest with the Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
- PM Modi interacted withSaudi women IT professionals at the first of its kind all women TCS training center in Riyadh. TCS established the first all women Business Process Services (BPS) centre in Riyadh in 2013.
5 MoUs were signed between India and Saudi Arabia
- Labour Co-operation– It was signed for Recruitment of General Category Workers.
- Technical Cooperation Program– It was signed between the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO).
- Executive Program for Cooperation in the Field of Handicrafts– Signed b/w Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH) of India and Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage.
- Cooperation in the Exchange of Intelligence – Signed between Financial Intelligence Unit of both nations to cooperate on concerns related to Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing and Related Crimes.
- Framework for Investment Promotion Cooperation– Signed between Invest India and the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA).
NaMo Conferred with Saudi Arabia’s highest Civilian order
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was bestowed with Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian order award dubbed King Abdulaziz Sash. The honour was named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state.
- The honour was presented by King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court where they held extensive talks on a range of bilateral, regional and international issues.
On April 4, 2016, PM Modi arrives in India after concluding his three-nation tour.
- Saudi Arabia Capital – Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia Currency – Saudi riyal