HDFC Bank’s Managing Director, Aditya Puri, has been ranked 36th in the US magazine Fortune’s Top 50 Business Persons List for 2016. He is the only Indian among three persons of Indian origin in the global rankings list.
Among the other two persons of Indian Origin,
- Ajita Rajendra of AO Simith is at 34 while Mastercard’s Ajay Banga is at 40th position in the list.
- However, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerburg leads the list with top ranking.
About Aditya Puri
Aditya Puri is the Managing Director of HDFC Bank, India’s largest private sector bank.Puri has been the Managing Director of the Bank since September 1994, making him the longest-serving head of any bank in the country
- He has about 35 years of banking experience in India and abroad.Prior to joining the Bank, Mr. Puri was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Citibank, Malaysia from 1992 to 1994.
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Punjab University and is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.Under the leadership of Puri, the bank has delivered $1.9 billion profits last year.
- HDFC Bank (Housing Development Finance Corporation) is an Indian banking and financial services company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- HDFC Bank is the second largest private bank in India which has a global presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai.
- Bank’s Slogan: We Understand Your World.
About Ajita Rajendra
- Ajita Rajendra was named Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of A. O. Smith Corporation on April 7, 2014. He is the ninth CEO of the company.
- Ajita joined A. O. Smith as President of its Water Products Company in January 2005 and was named an Executive Vice President of the Corporation in 2006.
- A.O. Smith Corporation is a global water technology company and manufacturer of residential and commercial water heating and water purification equipment, based in Milwaukee, US.
About Ajay Banga
- Ajay Banga is president and chief executive officer of Mastercard and a member of its board of directors.
- MasterCard announced Ajay Banga to takeover as the company’s president and chief executive officer, on July 1, 2010.
- MasterCard is a leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world.