Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to India GK(Indian Geography)!!!
- GI tag is governed which international organization ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.WTOExplanation :
At international level, GI is governed by World Trade Organisation’s (WTO’s) Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS )
- The GI tag will be provided for _______________ products
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All of these
The GI tag is an indication which is definite to a geographical territory. It is used for agricultural, natural and manufactured goods.
- Which state received the highest no of GI tag ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Karnataka
Karnataka is occupying the top slot with 32 products to its credit, Tamil Nadu has 24 products in the GI Registry. While Kerala has 20 items with GI tag, Andhra Pradesh has 22 products in the Registry.
- The famous Chikan craft is belongs to which city of UP ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Lucknow
Chikan craft is famous all over the world. The Lucknow specialty was given the GI status in December 2008. The textile design is said to be introduced by Nur Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir.
- Blue Pottery is associated with which state ?
4.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer –2.Rajasthan
Blue Pottery is one of the famous traditional crafts of Rajasthan is the Blue Pottery made in Jaipur and its
surrounding areas. Besides its striking blue colour, the handicraft product is also unique because of its material.
- Pattachitra is a form of art that originated in which state ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Odisha
Pattachitra is a form of art that originated in Odisha. It is a pictorial narrative painted on a cloth-based scroll. Generally, the scrolls depict the tales of Hindu gods and goddesses.
- The GI products comes from _____________
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.One region
Product comes from a particular place/region while trade mark products comes from a particular enterprise/company.
- The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection)Act, 1999 has come into force from which year ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.2003
India, as a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), enacted the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection)Act, 1999 has come into force with effect from 15th September 2003.
- ______________ is a first handmade tool from micro and small and medium enterprise registered for a geographical indicator (GI) tag
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Scissors
For the first time, a handmade tool from micro and small and medium enterprises in India has been registered for a geographical indicator (GI) tag, an official of a body promoting this sector. The tool is a pair of scissors made of metal scrap by a community in Meerut, which is “the only scissor cluster in India.
- Nilambur teak recently get the GI tag , it is belongs to which region ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kerala
Kerala’s Nilambur teak known internationally for its superior timber quality and elegant appearance will be added to the list of Kerala produces with the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.