Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to India GK(Indian Geography)!!!
- ………………… is the largest highway project ever undertaken in the country
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.NHDP
The NHDP(National Highways Development Project ) is the largest highway project ever undertaken in the country
- The waterway from ………………… to ………………….. was made a National Water Way in 1986
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Haldia, Allahabad
The National Waterway 1 or NW1 is located in India and runs from Haldia (Sagar) to Allahabad.It was declared as a waterway in October 1986. It is navigable by mechanical boat up to Patna.
- The head office of the Inland Waterways Authority of India(IWAI) is located at
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Noida
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is the statutory authority in charge of the waterways in India. Its headquarters is located in Noida, UP.
- Which of the following is to be developed as the first Green Port of India ?
3.Sangar Mala Port
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Haldia Port
Haldia port or Calcutta Port is a major seaport situated near the Hooghly River in the state of West Bengal. Port of Haldia is one of the major trade center for Calcutta and receive bulk cargoes of Chemicals, Petrochemicals and oils. Port of Kolkata is also a base of Indian Coast Guard.
- The largest natural port is in ……………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Visakhapatnam
The Visakhapatnam harbors is the only Natural harbors in the bay of Bengal shore. Vizag is second largest city in Andhra, nestled among the great hills of Eastern Ghats and faces the Bay of Bengal.Krishnapatnam Port is a privately built deep water port in Andhra Pradesh.
- Lucknow stands on the banks of which River ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Gomti
Lucknow is the capital city of the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. The city is on the northwestern shore of Gomti river
- …………………. is also known as storehouse of minerals
3.Vindhyan System of rocks
4.Deccan Traps System of rocks
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dharwar system
The Dharwar System of rocks are the earliest formed sedimentary rocks, found today in metamorphic forms. These rocks do not contain fossils and are found in Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Meghalaya and Rajasthan
- Which state is the largest producer of bananas in India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu might just be the largest producer of bananas in the world.As of now, the state is the largest producer of bananas in the country.
- Well Irrigation is common in alluvial plains of the country except which state ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rajasthan
Well Irrigation is common in alluvial plains of the country except the deserts of Rajasthan. Plains of UP, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka & Tamil Nadu are the states which are more prominently under the well irrigation.
- ……………has the largest area under well irrigation
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh has the largest area of 93-84 lakh hectares under well irrigation which accounts for about 28-19 per cent of the well irrigated area of India