Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 13 2016
- Which is framed by National Development Agenda (NDA) to replace 5-year plans with 15 year vision document?
A.National Development Council
D.Five Year PlanAnswer – C.NITI Aayog
‘Transforming our world: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’, also called the Sustainable Development Goals, will be coordinated and simulated into action by the NITI Aayog over a 15-year period.
- Which policy has approved by the Union Cabinet with a view to promoting creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship?
A.National Intellectual Production Rights
B.National Intellectual Property Rights
C.National Informational Property Rights
D.National Innovative Production RightsAnswer – B.National Intellectual Property Rights
The National Policy aims to create awareness about economic, social and cultural benefits of IPRs among all sections of society. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley also uttered that by 2017, the window for trademark registration will be brought down to one month.
- In Which Expressway Government approves Rs 1,984-cr for widening of the crucial UP Gate to Dasna stretch to reduce the traffic congestion in the national capital?
D.Delhi-AurangabadiAnswer – B.Delhi-Meerut
The move is for the development of 8/6 landing of Delhi-Meerut Expressway – Package-II-Uttar Pradesh Border to Dasna Section of NH-24 in Uttar Pradesh. The total length of the road will be around 19 kms.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved signing of a pact SEBI between markets regulator SEBI and Financial Services Regulatory Authority, for mutual co-operation and technical assistance in which city?
D.KathmanduAnswer – B.Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the Capital of the United Arab Emirates. The Market regulator’s move will promote further development of economic links and cooperation between the two signatories and will help create conditions for development of securities markets in the two countries.
- Which airline to pay Rs 10 Lakh as damages to a disabled flyer, who was forcibly, offloaded disabled Jeeja Ghosh in 2012 to Country’s Apex Court?
D.Ethihad AirwaysAnswer – C.Spice Jet
The apex court the manner in which the female passenger, a cerebral palsy patient, was de-boarded depicts total lack of sensitivity. The top court observed that Jeeja Ghosh was not given appropriate, fair and caring treatment which she required with due sensitivity and the decision to board her was uncalled for.
- Which city is the first solar panel-powered train which will have its lights & fans run on solar energy is all all set to conduct trials by Indian Railways?
D.JodhpurAnswer – D.Jodhpur
Jodhpur is a city in the Thar Desert of the northwest Indian state of Rajasthan. However the train will have prime mover as a conventional diesel-run engine, the solar energy will be used for internal electricity gadgets.
- Which two countries on cooperation in an Inter-Governmental Agreement approved by the Union Cabinet Chaired by PM Narendra Modi?
A.India and Mauritius
B.India and Sri Lanka
C.India and Bangladesh
D.India and ChinaAnswer – A.India and Mauritius
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved for signing of an Inter-Governmental Agreement between India and Mauritius on cooperation in cooperatives and related fields.
- Which is the world’s largest cargo carrier aircraft landed at the Rajiv largest Gandhi International airport in Hyderabad in en route to Australia from Europe?
A.Pantonov Pn-225 Mriya
B.Cantonov Cn-225 Mriya
C.Santonov Sn-225 Mriya
D.Antonov An-225 MriyaAnswer – D.Antonov An-225 Mriya
The Aircraft designed by the Soviet Union’s Antonov that can carry up to 250 tonnes of cargo also can fly at 850 km/h is the biggest commercially used freighter in the world for over 25 years.
- Which part of valedictory session at the Vaicharick Mahakumbh will address Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena in Ujjain?
D.Simhastha MahakumbhAnswer – D.Simhastha Mahakumbh
Kumbh Mela or Kumbha Mela is a mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith in which Hindus gather to bathe in a sacred river. Traditionally, four fairs are widely recognized as the Kumbh Melas: the Haridwar Kumbh Mela, the Allahabad Kumbh Mela, the Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha and the Ujjain Simhastha, although priests at other places have also claimed their local fairs to be Kumbh Melas.
- Whose name added in the Forbes’ list of 40 of the most powerful people in the financial world?
D.Uppal KotakAnswer – B.Uday Kotak
Uday Kotak is ranked 33rd in the Forbes list of ‘Money Masters: The Most Powerful People in the Financial World’. He uses to control the flow of trillions of dollars around the global economy.
- Which force launched the Electronic Maintenance Management System will ease the system to keep paper works and heavy logbooks away?
A.Border Security Force
B.Indian Air Force
D.Central Industrial Security ForceAnswer – B.Indian Air Force
The IAF has launched Electronic Maintenance Management System (e-MMS) Project, an automated military maintenance system which will ease the system by keeping paper works and heavy logbooks away which inaugurated by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha at the Air Force Station in Pune.
- Who has been re-elected as International Cricket Council committee chairman for three years?
D.Anil KumbleAnswer – D.Anil Kumble
Former Indian Bowler Anil Kumble re-elected as ICC Cricket Committee Chairman for a second term and Former Indian Batsman Rahul Dravil newly appointed as Member for three years.
- Mumbai based SEBI decided to tighten the norms of which instruments to curb round tripping and restrict money laundering?
D.Call MoneyAnswer – B.Participatory Notes
Mumbai based Securities and Exchange Board of India is likely to tighten the norms for participatory notes (P-Notes) to curb round-tripping and restrict money laundering to follow recommendations made by Special Investigation Team on black money.
- India signed along with five nations pact on which sector in order to deal with issues related to that and develop the new tools?
D.All of the aboveAnswer – B.Tax
Six Nations singed pact on tax information sharing in order deal with issues related to taxes – Canada, Iceland, India, Israel, New Zealand and the People’s Republic of China
- Supreme court ordered the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to mandate the Telecom companies to compensate for which services levied?
C.Value Added Services
D.Missed Call AlertAnswer – A.Call Drops
The Supreme Court struck down the TRAI regulation making it mandatory for telecom companies to compensate subscribers for call drops levied by the Telecom Regulator.
- Which of the following state/UT not involved in UIDAI special enrollment drive to enroll left over population?
D.PunjabAnswer – D.Punjab
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched an initiative to enroll left over population for Aadhaar enrolments in four States and Union Territories such as Haryana, Goa, Chandigarh and Puducherry.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification