Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Physics) !!
- Who among the following gave the first experimental value of G ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Cavendish
The Cavendish experiment, performed in 1797–1798 by British scientist Henry Cavendish, was the first experiment to measure the force of gravity between masses in the laboratory and the first to yield accurate values for the gravitational constant
- One watt-hour is equal to
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.3.6×103J
The kilowatt hour is a derived unit of energy equal to 3.6 megajoules. If the energy is being transmitted or used at a constant rate (power)
- Boyle’s law holds good for any gas at ……………………………..
1.Low Temperature, Low Pressure
2.Low Temperature, High Pressure
3.High Temperature, High Pressure
4.High Temperature, High Pressure
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Low Temperature, High Pressure
Boyle’s law is only hold good when temperature is high and pressure is low.
- Angle of friction and angle of repose are
4.Depend upon the medium
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Equal
Tanθ = Tanɑ (tanɑ = µ)
where ‘ɑ’ is the angle of friction
θ = ɑ
Angle of repose is equal to angle of friction.
- The Reflection of an electric room heater is most effective if it is
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Parabolic
The Reflection of an electric room heater is most effective if it is Parabolic
- The Specific resistance of a wire depends upon the ……………………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Material
The Specific resistance of a wire depends upon the nature of the Material
- …………….. line indicate the direction of magnetic maredian
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Duperrey’s lines
Duperrey’s lines indicate the direction of magnetic maredian
- Which type of connection is used in the domestic electrical wiring ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Parallel
Parallel connection is used in the domestic electrical wiring. In parallel circuit, if one electrical appliance stops working due to some defect, then all other appliances keeps working normally.
- ……………………. Forces are always balanced
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Internal Force
Internal forces are forces exchanged by the objects in the system. To determine what part should be considered external and internal, mechanical system should be clearly defined.
- ……………… does not have sharp melting point
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Glass
Urea is a pure crystalline compound so has a sharp melting point whereas, glass is an amorphous compound.