Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- To check Implementation Status Of Demonetization Move the central government has formed a Committee comprising of Additional Secretaries, Joint Secretaries and Directors that will visit different States and Union Territories and submit its report by 25th November 2016, will submit its report to which of the department of Ministry of Finance?
A.Department of Economic Affairs
B.Department of Expenditure
C.Department of Revenue
D.Department of Financial ServicesAnswer – A.Department of Economic Affairs
The teams would visit the State/UT allocated to them at the earliest and give their reports to the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance by 25th November, 2016.
- India signed ‘Joint Declaration’ for the implementation of Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) with which country on 22 November 2016?
D.SpainAnswer – B.Switzerland
Sushil Chandra, Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes and Gilles Roduit, Deputy Chief of Mission of Swiss Embassy in India signed a ‘joint declaration’ for automatic exchange of information (AEOI) on November 22, 2016 for the implementation of Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) between the two countries. From now India will be possible to receive the financial information of accounts held by Indian residents in Switzerland for 2018 and subsequent years from September 2019 onwards.
- Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention which will be held in Bengaluru from January 7 to 9, 2017 ?
A.Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
B.Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
D.Antonio CostaAnswer – D.Antonio Costa
Prime Minister of Portuguese, Antonio Costa will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention which will be held in Bengaluru from January 7 to 9, 2017. The Prime Minister will attend the inaugural function of the convention on January 8, 2017 and address the delegates.
- Supreme Court bench of three-judge comprising Chief Justice TS Thakur, Justice DY Chandrachud and Justice L Nageswara Rao has directed the Central Government to frame model rules for all consumer courts constituted under which Act?
A.The Consumer Protection Act, 1969
B.The Consumer Protection Act, 1976
C.The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
D.The Consumer Protection Act, 1989Answer – The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
The Supreme Court on November 21, 2016, directed the Central Government to frame model rules related to administration, selection and appointments of members, infrastructure etc.for all consumer courts constituted under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 within 4 months.
- Higher Education Financing Agency(HEFA) formed by central government to provide funds for creating infrastructure and promoting research facilities in the Centrally-aided institutions of higher learning has an authorized capital base of ____?
A.Rs 1000 Crore
B.Rs 1500 Crore
C.Rs 2000 Crore
D.Rs 2500 CroreAnswer – C.Rs 2000 Crore
The agency will have a capital base of Rs2,000 crore, of which Rs.1,000 crore will be equity from the central government. It will leverage the equity money to raise funds from the debt market.
- India became an Associate Member State of European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) . The headquarter of CERN is located at?
D.Abu Dhabi, UAEAnswer – C.Geneva, Switzerland
India and European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN)signed an agreement on November 21, 2016 to make India an Associate Member State of the research organization. The headquarter of CERN is located at Geneva, Switzerland.
- _____ Public Sector banks paid a total dividend of Rs 1,444.6 crore to the central government in 2015-16 of which highest dividend was paid by_______ bank?
A.16, State Bank of India
B.6, Union Bank of India
C.16, Union Bank of India
D.6, State Bank of IndiaAnswer – D.6, State Bank of India
Due to increasing bad loans in the banking sector, 16 Public sector banks in India out of 22 skipped paying dividends in 2015-16 to the government and only remaining 6 PSB’s paid off their dividends. The government of India received Rs 1,444.6 crore as dividend from PSB.The highest dividend during 2015-16 was paid by State Bank of India, which amounts to Rs 1,214.6 crore, which makes 84% of the total dividend.
- Recently Indian company IL&FS raises first ever masala loan worth ____ from Export Development Canada.
A.$ 50 million
B.$ 47 million
C.$ 20 million
D.$ 65 millionAnswer – A.$ 50 million
Canada’s export credit agency Export Development Canada (EDC) sanctioned the first-ever masala loan of Rs. 340 crore($50 million) to Indian firm Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services(IL&FS).
- FICCI Launched self-regulation code of conduct for which sector on 21 November 2016?
D.E-commerce SectorAnswer – B.E-Pharma Sector
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has announced the launch of self-regulation code of conduct for the e-pharmacy sector on November 21, 2016. The main aim of adopting such code of conduct is to overcome the barrier which the E-pharmacy has to face due to lack of such as transparency, accessibility, affordability and awareness to the patients.This will bring effectiveness and efficiency in the Indian Pharmacy.
- Which Indian Market has been ranked 28th most expensive retail location in the world as per Cushman & Wakefield s annual report ‘Main Streets Across the World’?
A.Palika Bazaar, Delhi
B.Khan Market, Delhi
C.Chandni Chowk, Delhi
D.Connaught Place, DelhiAnswer – B.Khan Market, Delhi
According to the report of commercial Real-estate agent Cushman & Wakefield, New Delhi’s Khan Market has moved by down 2 spots on its global retail ranking to become the world’s 28th most expensive retail location globally.
- Who has been conferred with the first World Sanskrit Award for the year 2015 on November 21, 2016 in New Delhi ?
A.Prof. George Cardona
B.Princess Ashi Sonam Dechen
C.Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
D.Princess Norodom Buppha DeviAnswer – C.Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has recognized Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand with the first ‘World Sanskrit Award’ for the year 2015 while American linguist and Indologist Prof. George Cardona with World Sanskrit Award for the year 2016 for their exemplary contribution for the promotion of the Sanskrit language.Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari present the first World Sanskrit Award.
- Who has been awarded with the Interfaith Leadership Award at the Interfaith Leadership Award Concert on November 20, 2016?
D.Frank KhanAnswer – B.Frank Islam
Uttar Pradesh born Indian-American entrepreneur and philanthropist Frank Islam awarded with the Interfaith Leadership Award at the Interfaith Leadership Award Concert on November 20, 2016 for his contributions towards the arts and higher education and support of interfaith dialogue.
- Who is the author of the book “Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India” that won the Bhatt First Book Prize 2016?
A.Manu S. Pillai
D.Sophia KhanAnswer – B.Akshaya Mukul
Senior journalist at the Times of India Akshaya Mukulhas been awarded the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2016. He has been awarded for his book “Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India”.
- Infosys Science Foundation Announced the Winners of the Infosys Prize 2016 under how many categories?
D.6Answer – D.6
The Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) announced the winners of the 8th Infosys Prize in 6 categories – Engineering and Computer Science, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Name the new president of FICCI who will take charge from Harshavardhan Neotia in December 2016?
B.Pankaj R Patel
C.Harsh Pati Singhania
D.Sidharth BirlaAnswer – B.Pankaj R Patel
Pankaj R Patel was elected as the new President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) for the year 2017. He will replace Harshavardhan Neotia, Chairman of Ambuja Neotia Group.
- Two SEBI officials Parmod Kumar Nagpal and Amarjeet Singh have been elected as chairperson of International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). The headquarter of IOSCO is located at?
A.Washington DC, US
D.Geneva, SwitzerlandAnswer – B.Madrid, Spain
Two officials of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), Parmod Kumar Nagpal and Amarjeet Singh are elected as chairpersons of two committees set up by IOSCO. The International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) is an association of organisations that regulate the world’s securities and futures markets. Headquarters Madrid, Spain
- Which technology giant has signed an agreement to acquire US-based Dynamic Network Services Inc, or Dyn?
D.OracleAnswer – D.Oracle
Oracle on 21 November 2016 signed an agreement to acquire US-based Dynamic Network Services Inc, or Dyn. Oracle has not disclosed the deal amount.
- Quikr has acquired an online home rental solutions provider named ________ ?
D.GreenhomeAnswer – B.Grabhouse
An Indian classified advertising platform Quikr announced to acquire an online home rental solutions provider, Grabhouse in an all-stock deal giving investors Sequoia Capital and Kalaari Capital stake in Quikr to strengthen its own service.
- The Strategic Forces of Command (SFC) of the armed force successfully test fired Agni-I missile on 22 November 2016 from _____?
B.Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
C.Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha coast
D.Sriharikota, Andhra PradeshAnswer – C.Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha coast
The Strategic Forces of Command (SFC) of the armed force successfully test-fired Agni-I missile. The missile was test fired at at 10.08 a.m. on 22 November 2016 from launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island) Odisha coast. The missile took 10 minutes to reach its targeted destination in Bay of Bengal.
- Virat Kohli was ranked 4th in latest ICC test cricket ranking. Which cricketer is on the top stop in the same ranking?
D.AB de VilliersAnswer – A.Steve Smith
Indian test cricket captain Virat Kohli attained the 4 spot in ICC Test cricket ranking. This is his best ranking in test cricket till date. On the top of the board is Steve Smith of Australia with 897 points.
- Strong Earthquake of magnitude 7.3 hit which region of Japan on 22 November 2016?
D.KagoshimaAnswer – B.Fukushima
An earthquake of magnitude 6.9 rocked the Fukushima region of Japan on 22 November 2016 at about 5:59 a.m.(local
time). The metrological agency of Japan had first estimated the magnitude of earthquake to be 7.3 but later lowered it to 6.9 on Richter scale.
- The author of novel ‘The Story of Lucy Gault’ who died on November 21, 2016 at the age of 88 is?
D.William TrevorAnswer – D.William Trevor
Irish novelist and playwright William Trevor dies in London on November 21, 2016. He was 88. His book was short-listed four times for the Booker Prize including ‘The Story of Lucy Gault’ in 2002
- M Balamurali Krishna who passed away at 86 on November 22 2016 is related to which field?
D.WrestlerAnswer – B.Singer
Veteran singer and Padma Vibhushan awardee M Murali Krishna passed away in Chennai on November 22 2016. He was 86.
- Ram Naresh Yadav passed away on November 22, 2016 at the age of 90. He was a former Chief Minister of which state?
D.ChhattisgarhAnswer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Ram Naresh Yadav passed away on November 22, 2016 at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Lucknow at 9.15 am after a prolonged illness at the age of 90.