Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Name the Indian Golfer who won the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open held in Doha, Qatar on November 26, 2016.
Answer – B.Aditi Ashok
Indian teen golfer Aditi Ashok defeated Nanna Koerstz Madsen to win the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open in Doha, Qatar on November 26, 2016. It is her second successive victory on the Ladies European Tour.
- Which country won their first ever maiden Davis Cup tennis title held in Zagreb, Croatia on November 28, 2016?
Answer – A.Argentina
Argentina defeated Croatia to win their first ever maiden Davis Cup tennis title in Zagreb, Croatia on November 28, 2016. Argentina had lost in the final of the tournament four times earlier while Croatia won the title in 2005.
- Who has been appointed as the new Managing Director of McKinsey & Company’s New Delhi office on November 28, 2016 in New Delhi?
Answer – D.Gautam Kumra
Gautam Kumra, partner at McKinsey & Company’s New Delhi office has been appointed as the new managing director for India by the consulting firm’s Asia chief Kevin Sneader at an India partners meet held in New Delhi on November 28, 2016.
- The Government has exempted the POS machines from the excise duty of 12.5% and Special Additional Duty of 4% till which date?
A.March 29, 2017
B.March 30, 2017
C.March 31, 2017
D.April 1, 2017
Answer – C.March 31, 2017
Government removed excise duty on goods for manufacturing of POS (Point of Sale) machines that are in great demand as merchants are being compelled to use them in the wake of currency crisis. POS machines will be exempted from 12.5 per cent excise duty and 4 per cent SAD (Special Additional Duty) till March 31, 2017.
- Name the Andriod App launched by the Mobile Wallet Payment Firm MobikWik to enable easy digital payment service in area with slow internet connection.
Answer – B.MobiKwik Lite
MobiKwik has launched mobile wallet app ‘MobiKwik Lite’, which will work on basic Internet connection. ‘MobiKwik Lite’ app available in English and Hindi, later the app will be available in all major Indian languages. This app works on EDGE connection as well, allowing users in areas with slower connections to make digital payments easily.
- The government has proposed to revisit the existing National Steel Policy, to ensure overall profitability of the industry. Who is the minister of State for Steel?
A.Vishnu Deo Sai
Answer – A.Vishnu Deo Sai
The government has proposed to revisit the existing National Steel Policy, the work on which is at “conceptual stage” said by Minister of State for Steel Vishnu Deo Sai on November 28, 2016. The Working Paper is prepared by Niti Aayog Member V K Saraswat and Niti Aayog professional Ripunjaya Bansal that will ensure profitability of the associated industry be it mining, pet coke, pellet or sponge iron.
- Bank of America’s Merrill Lynch has lowered the estimated GDP of India by 30 basis points for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 after the demonetization of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes. What is the new GDP estimate?
Answer – C.7.1
Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA) has lowered India’s economic growth estimates by 30 basis points to 7.1 per cent for the current fiscal after the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes. Earlier, BofA had estimated GDP growth at 7.4 per cent for 2016-17 and 7.6 per cent for 2017-18.
- Which is the only foreign bank after Standard Chartered Bank to offer ‘Unified Payments Interface’ (UPI) solution for corporates in India.
Answer – A.HSBC
Explanation: Banking major HSBC has rolled out ‘Unified Payments Interface’ (UPI) solution for corporates in India.This UPI offering will provide improved collection solution to corporates, enabling them to drive sales through increased digitization of flows. Besides HSBC, the only other foreign bank that has gone live with an UPI offering is Standard Chartered Bank.
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), celebrated its golden jubilee in New Delhi on November 28, 2016. Where is the headquarter of UNCITRAL?
Answer – D.Vienna
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), UN organised the two day conference “Global Standards for Rule-based Commerce” at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi from November 28, 2016.
- Which country has rejected a plan to force their government to accelerate the country’s exit from nuclear energy on November 27, 2016.
Answer – A.Switzerland
Swiss Parliament have rejected a plan to force their government to accelerate the country’s exit from nuclear energy after it received a majority from swiss council of states. The plan supported by the Green party would have meant closing three of Switzerland’s five nuclear plants in 2029.
- Which bank has tied up with a non banking company Bajaj Finance to launch a series of co-branded credit cards for Indian customers?
Answer – D.RBL Bank
Maharashtra based RBL Bank has tied up with non banking finance company Bajaj Finance to launch a series of co-branded credit cards for Indian customers. The co-branded cards are targeted at the large segment of people in metros and non-metros who have no credit cards.
- Utkarsh Micro Finance has received final license from The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start operations of____________
A.Small Finance Bank
D.Stock Trading Company
Answer – A.Small Finance Bank
Utkarsh Micro Finance has received final license from RBI to start operations as Small Finance Bank (SFB). It is one of the 10 entities that got in-principle approval to set up Small Finance Bank in September last year. The new SFB will be named as ‘Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Ltd.’ and is likely to start banking operations in early 2017.
- What is the global ranking of Delhi among the top 50 metropolitan economic entities in 2015 according to the data released by the Oxford Economics?
Answer – C.30
As per the latest data released by Oxford Economics, Delhi has dislodged Mumbai as the economic capital of India.The data revealed that Mumbai ranks 31st among 50 top metropolitan economic entities in 2015 whereas Delhi has moved up to grab the 30th rank in the global ranking.
- Which ministries have signed an MoU on November 28, 2016 to boost to skill initiatives in the Hydrocarbon Sector
A.Ministry of Heavy Inustries and Public Enterprises, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
B.Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
C.Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Ministry of Human Resource
D.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Answer – D.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas sign MoU to boost to skill initiatives in the Hydrocarbon Sector and allied sectors among other areas of cooperation.
- Name the campaign launched by Bengaluru based NGO, Association for Promoting Social Action (APSA) to create awareness against child trafficking and missing children in the city.
Answer – B.Every8Minutes
Association for Promoting Social Action (APSA), a Bengaluru based NGO, has launched a 16-day campaign ‘Every 8 Minutes’ to create awareness against child trafficking and missing children in the city. The step was taken after a report released by National Crime Records Bureau showed that a child goes missing in India every eight minutes and 40 per cent of these children remain untraced.
- Who won the Asian Para-Badminton Championships held in Beijing, China between November (22-27), 2016?
Answer – C. Suhas LY
IAS officer Suhas LY from Uttar Pradesh cliched gold medal after defeating Indonesian player Harry Susanto in the Asian Para-Badminton Championships in Beijing, ChinA.National Paralympics Committee of China hosted the championship, which took place between November 22 and November 27, in which players from India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, South Korea and several other countries participated.
- The Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 has been introduced in the Parliament to amend the provisions of which Act to ensure that defaulting assesses are subjected to tax at a higher rate and stringent penalty provision?
A.Income-tax Act, 1951
B.Income-tax Act, 1940
C.Income-tax Act, 1959
D.Income-tax Act, 1961
Answer – D.Income-tax Act, 1961
In the Ongoing Winter Session Union Finance Minister ArunJaitly has introduced a bill ‘The Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 (‘the Bill’) in the Parliament to amend the provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961 to ensure that defaulting assesses are subjected to tax at a higher rate and stringent penalty provision.
- Which Country won a silver medal in the Regular junior High Category at the 13th World Robot Olympiad (WRO) held in Greater Noida on November 27, 2016?
Answer – A.India
Out of 450 teams, team “High Voltage” from India (Gurugram) won a silver in the Regular Junior High category in the 13th World Robot Olympiad (WRO) that concluded at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida.
- What was India’s rank in the 4-Nations Hockey Tournament held in Melbourne on November 27, 2016?
Answer – C.3rd
Indian Hockey team defeated Malaysia 4-1 in the third-place playoff match to secure bronze in the 4 Nations Tournament in Melbourne. Akashdeep, captain VR Raghunath, Talwinder Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh scored goals for the country.
- The largest uniformed youth organization National Cadet Corps (NCC) on November 27, 2016, celebrated its _________ raising day in New Delhi.
Answer – B.68
National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world, celebrated its 68th Raising Day on 27th November 2016. The function was marked by paying homage to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate, New Delhi.