Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Where was the 47th Edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2016 held?
Answer – D.Goa
The 47th Edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), 2016 was held from 20-28 November, 2016 at Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee indoor stadium at Talegao on the outskirts of Panaji, Goa.
- Who has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 47th Edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2016?
C.Im Kwon Taek
Answer – C.Im Kwon Taek
South Korean film director and writer, Im Kwon Taek was conferred with Lifetime Achievement Award at IFFI 2016. He has directed more than 100 films in a career of more than 50 years and is credited with the film movement New Korean Cinema or Korean New Wave.
- What was the theme of National Film Archives of India’s (NFAI) exhibition organized at the 47th Edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), 2016?
A.Azadi 70 Saal – Yaad karo Qurbani
B.70 Saal Azadi – Yaad karo Qurbani
C.Yaad Karo Qurbani – Azadi ke 70 Varsh
D.70 Varsh Azadi- Yaad Karo Qurbani
Answer – A.Azadi 70 Saal – Yaad karo Qurbani
IFFI 2016 featured the National Film Archives of India’s (NFAI) exhibition with theme: “Azadi 70 Saal, Yaad Karo Qurbani” (70 Years of Independence, Remember the Sacrifices) to commemorate 70 years of Indian Independence.
- Akodara in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat which has become the first Digital Village in India had been adopted by which bank in 2015?
B.State Bank of India
Answer – D.ICICI Bank
A tiny village Akodara in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat has become the first Digital Village in India.The village, located 90 km from Ahmedabad, was adopted by the ICICI Bank under Digital Village project in 2015 that developed it as a digitized village with a rural branch of the bank.
- The Central Government has formed a committee of Chief Ministers of five States to deal with the situation arising out of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes. Who is the head of the Committee?
A.Sivaraj Singh Chauhan
D.N. Chandrababu Naidu
Answer – D.N. Chandrababu Naidu
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has been nominated by the Central Government to head the sub-committee of Chief Ministers of five States constituted to deal with the situation arising out of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes. The committee would study various aspects after demonetization and how it has affected different sections of the people.
- Asia’s first cycle highway has been inaugurated in which state?
Answer – A.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has inaugurated India’s first and Asia’s longest bicycle highway
between Agra and Etawah in UP. A rally of 90 cyclists from five countries and across India followed the inauguration ceremony at the Lion Safari in Etawah.
- 10 day long, Losar Festival is celebrated in which region of India?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – A.Jammu & Kashmir
10 day long festival named Losar festival is celebrated in Ladakh region of J&K to mark the beginning of New Year in this Himalayan region. Losar is Tibetan word for ‘new year’ and this festival is an important social and religious celebration in Ladakh.
- Government decided to introduce Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system for fertilizer subsidy payments. How many schemes have been covered under the DBT system as on 29 November 2016?
Answer – D.78
As many as 78 schemes including Jhan Dhan and MGNREGA being implemented by 17 ministries and departments are covered under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system. The government has decided to introduce DBT system for fertilizer subsidy payments.
- Which state has hosted the World War II Vintage Jeep Rally on 27 November 2016?
Answer – C.Manipur
Manipur Chief Minister O. Ibobi Singh flagged off World War II Vintage Jeep Rally from Koirengei Old Air Field as a part of the Manipur Sangai Festival on November 27, 2016 to spread a message of peace and reconciliation and evils of war.
- A village in Telangana named Khanapur has been renamed as Kavithapuram after the name of the daughter of the Chief Minister of the state. Who is the Chief Minister of Telangana?
A.Shri K Chandrasekhar Rao
B.E.S Lakshmi Narasimhan
C.Ch. Vidyasagar Rao
D.Nara Chandrababu Naidu
Answer – A.Shri K Chandrasekhar Rao
Villagers of Khanapur in Telangana’s Nizamabad district have renamed their village as ‘Kavithapuram’ after the daughter of CM K Chandrasekhar Rao. The residents of Khanapur gram panchayat passed the resolution as a “token of reverence” towards TRS MP Kalvakuntla Kavitha, who helped the villagers when they were displaced by the Sri Ram Sagar reservoir on Godavari River
- World Health Organisation (WHO) on 24 November 2016 has settled a long standing dispute and battle between India and which organisation about labeling of drugs?
A.The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
B.D8 (Developing 8)
D.European Union (EU)
Answer – D.European Union (EU)
In a meeting on November 24, 2016, the World Health Organisation (WHO) settled a long standing dispute and battle between India and the European Union (EU) about labeling of drugs by clarifying that ‘counterfeit’— will now be used by member States with respect to protection of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). This decision to drop the term ‘counterfeit’ and retain ‘falsified’ to describe medicines of inferior quality
- Which country has launched ‘bond notes’ currency in bid to ease cash crunch and is pegged at par with the US dollar and is backed by a $200 million bond facility?
Answer – B.Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe launches ‘bond notes’ currency in bid to ease cash crunch.Currency hold its value against the U.S. dollar. The bright green bond notes, introduced by the southern African nation’s central bank to try to ease a shortage of dollars, were accepted by most businesses and black market traders
- Bollywood movie Pink To Be Screened at UN Headquarters on Special Invitation. Who is the director of the movie Pink?
C.Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury
Answer – C.Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury
Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury’s first Bollywood movie Pink has been invited to screened at United Nations(UN) headquartes in New York, US announced by Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan who plays a lawyer role in the film.
- RBI has relaxed the withdrawal limits for deposits made in legal tender beyond the restrict limit of Rs 24,000 and Rs 50,000 for saving accounts and Current accounts respectively from 29 November 2016. RBI has the sole right to issue current note under which Act?
A.Section 2 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
B.Section 12 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
C.Section 22 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
D.Section 32 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Answer – C.Section 22 of the Reserve Bank of India Act,1934
RBI on November 29, 2016 allowed bank customers to withdraw the deposits made in current legal tender notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 2000 beyond the current withdrawal limits of Rs. 24,000 per week. The Section 22(1) of Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (amended 7th January 2013) empowers RBI with a sole right to issue banknotes of all allowed denominations for their circulation in India.
- Which bank has announced a Digital Village initiative to convert 100 villages into digital in 100 days?
Answer – A.ICICI Bank
Explanation: Mumbai based ICICI Bank announced to transform 100 villages into ‘ICICI Digital Villages’ in 100 days to enable villagers go in cash less banking and payments transactions. People from 100 villages will be able to open bank accounts using Aadhar-based e-KYCand make cashless payments to retail stores through a unique SMS/USSD-based mobile solution.
- American Morgan Stanley has lowered India’s growth forecast growth for FY’17 from 7.7% to ___?
Answer – D.7.3%
American Morgan Stanley has lowered its growth forecast for FY’17 to 7.3% from 7.7% earlier on account of currency replacement programme. As global growth accelerates to 3.4% in 2017 from 3% in 2016, Morgan Stanley expect India’s exports to support overall recovery in 2017 after being a drag in 2016.
- The telecoms tower provider Indus Towers has planned to invest Rs _____ in India to set up 500 new sites within a year.
Answer – B.100 Crore
The telecoms tower provider Indus Towers planned to invest Rs 100 crore in India to set up 500 new sites within a year. Out of 500 sites, 100 sites are already setup in 50 by the company.
- Union government lead by PM Narendra Modi has approved ___ proposals to set up new special economic zones (SEZs) for IT and biotechnology across Telangana, Haryana and Karnataka.
Answer – D.Six
Union government lead by PM Narendra Modi has approved six proposals from four developers to set up new special economic zones (SEZs) IT and biotechnology across Telangana, Haryana and Karnataka.The decision was taken by the Board of Approval (BoA), headed by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia during the board meeting on November 9, 2016
- Name the co-founder of Stripe who has been named world’s youngest self-made billionaires by Forbes.
Answer – C.John Collison
As per the report of Forbes, the co-founder brothers of Stripe Inc., Patrick Collison and John Collison, are officially the world’s youngest self-made billionaires after a fresh funding round nearly doubled their San Francisco-based company’s valuation to US $9.2 billion at the tender age of 26, John Collison, Stripe’s president, is now the world’s youngest self-made billionaire.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of Australia on November 29, 2016 by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and has become Australia’s first woman Chief Justice?
Answer – A.Susan Kiefel
A former law firm receptionist Susan Kiefel is appointed as Australia’s first woman Chief Justice of Australia on November 29, 2016 by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. She will replace Justice Robert French. Kiefel will become the 13th Chief Justice of Australia and the senior judge on the seven-judge bench
- Who has been appointed as the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of Indian Army?
A.O P Bhatt
B.O P Singh
Answer – C.AK Bhatt
Indian Army appointed Major General AK Bhatt as new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) while promoted Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh to General Officer Commanding of Strike 1 Corps.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief technology and product officer (CTO) at Myntra?
Answer – B.Ajit Narayanan.
Indian fashion e-commerce marketplace company Myntra’s chief technology and product officer Shamik Sharma has moved into an advisory role. He will replaced by SVP Ajit Narayanan. Prior to this, Narayanan was working as the head of engineering at Myntra.
- Who has been appointed as the Independent director of pharmaceutical company Cipla on November 29, 2016?
Answer – A.Ireena Vittal
Indian multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company Cipla is appointed Ireena Vittal as an independent director on its board on November 29, 2016. It will effect from December 1, 2016.
- Which MNC has acquired Mirabeau BV to expand it’s digital business capabilities in Netherlands and across Europe.
Answer – C.Cognizant
American multinational corporation Cognizant will acquire Mirabeau BV for an undisclosed amount to expand Cognizant’s digital business capabilities in the Netherlandsand across Europe.
- Pankaj Advani has claimed which medal at IBSF World Snooker Championship held at Doha, Qatar?
Answer – C.Bronze
Fifteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani suffered a 2-7 loss in the semifinals against Andrew Pagett of Wales to settle for a bronze medal at the IBSF World Snooker Championship. He is the only player in the world to compete at the world championship level in both sports and be successful in all the formats of both billiards and snooker.
- Fritz William Weaver who passed away in New York, USA at the age of 90 is related to which field?
Answer – C.Actor
American Actor Fritz William Weaver who is is well known for his films like “Fail-Safe” and “The Day of the Dolphin“has passed away in New York, USA.He was 90
- Who is the author of the book “Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through Indias Green Movement”?
Answer – D.Sunita Narain
Penguin India has acquired Sunita Narains “Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through Indias Green Movement“, a personal account of one of India’s foremost environmentalist experts. The book includes an “environmental manifesto” in which Narain lays out a blueprint for the direction India must take, if it is to deal with the exigencies of climate change and environmental degradation.
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed on which date?
Answer – A.29th November
The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is a UN-organized observance generally held on November 29 each year to mark the anniversary of resolution 181. Events are held at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as well as at the United Nations offices at Geneva and Vienna.