Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- India’s First Underwater Festival was organized by Finkick Adventures on November 27, 2016 in which city of India ?
Answer – C.Pune
Pune-based company, Finkick Adventures is organizing the India’s First Underwater Festival at the Finkick Adventures SCUBA Diving Center, Divisional Sports Complex, Rahim Shaikh Road, Yerawada, Pune on November 27, 2016.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 27, 2016 flagged off an express train from Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh that will run between Gorakhpur and Delhi`s Anand Vihar terminus. What is the name of that train?
Answer – A.Humsafar Express
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Humsafar train between Gorakhpur and Delhi`s Anand Vihar terminus from Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh on November 27, 2016.This train will run between this two station thrice in a week.
- Which state Government has recently introduced a bill to stop the placement agencies from exploiting the job seekers and abolish human trafficking from the state?
Answer – B.Jharkhand
The Government of Jharkhand headed by Chief Minister Raghubar Das has introduced a bill named ‘Jharkhand Nizi Niyozan Abhikaran and Gharelu Kamgar (viniyam) vidheyak 2016 (Jharkhand private employment agency and domestic employee bill) against placement agencies to abolish human trafficking from Jharkhand and stop placement agencies from exploiting the job seekers.
- The Reserve Bank of India increased the Cash Reserve Requirement (CRR) for excess deposits amount collected in banks between September 16 and November 11, 2016 to _______________
Answer – D.100%
The Reserve Bank of India has increased the Cash Reserve Requirement (CRR) for excess deposits amount collected in banks between September 16 and November 11 to 100% while the current CRR is 4%, effective from November 25, 2016.
- To help the foreign tourists overcome the cash crunch problem the forex player Centrum Direct launched a payment solution named _________which consists of a mobile wallet along with a physical card to withdraw money from any bank ATM.
Answer – C.CentrumPay
To provide some relief to the foreign tourists, the Forex player Centrum Direct has launched CentrumPay which is a unique mobile wallet which also offers a physical card to withdraw money from any ATM or POS. Foreign tourists will have an alternate channel for making payments as well as avail legal tenders for their forex.
- According to the new GST law, E-commerce giants Flipkart and Snapdeal will have to deduct _______________ TCS (Tax Collected at Source) while making payments to their suppliers and deposit TCS amount with the government.
Answer – B.2%
According to the new GST law, E-commerce giants Flipkart and Snapdeal will have to deduct 2% TCS(Tax Collected at Source) while making payments to their suppliers and deposit TCS amount with the government. The new model GST law provides for 1 per cent TCS and 1 per cent tax levied on inter-state movement of goods.
- Which film won the short film award at the UNSECO Salon Youth Video Competition 2016 held in Marrakech, Morocco on November 14, 2016
C.The Red Balloon
Answer – A.Magical Piano
Toonz Media Group’s short film ‘Magical Piano‘ won the short film award at the UNSECO Salon Youth Video Competition 2016 in Marrakech, Morocco.
- Who has been appointed as the new chief of Pakistan Army by the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif replacing Gen Raheel Sharif who will retire on November 29, 2016 ?
A.Malik Zafar Iqbal
C.Zubair Mahmood Hayat
Answer – D.Qamar Bajwa
Lt Gen Qamar Bajwa has been appointed as the chief of Pakistan Army by the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. He will replace Gen Raheel Sharif who will retire on November 29, 2016.
- Bangalore-based pharmaceutical company Strides Shasun announced to acquire Swedish Moberg Pharma’s brand ‘PediaCare’ for how much amount?
A.$ 7 million
B.$ 5 million
C.$ 4 million
D.$ 2 million
Answer – B.$ 5 million
Bangalore-based pharmaceutical company Strides Shasun announced to acquire Swedish Moberg Pharma’s brand ‘PediaCare’ for $5 million. Moberg Pharma’s strategy is to build value through profitable growth of strategic brands, to increase the value of pipeline assets and to make value-adding acquisitions.
- Which Indian golfer won Hero womens Professional Golf Tour title in Lucknow on November 27, 2016.
Answer – B.Smriti Mehra
Indian golfer from Kolkata, Smriti Mehra played clinched her maiden Hero womens Professional Golf Tour title with a total score of 208 after 54 holes at the Palms Golf Club and Resort in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on November 27, 2016.
- Name the noted Marathi author, whose autobiography ‘Zombi’ won Sahitya Akadmi award in 1991 and who passed away in Pune on November 27, 2016 at the age of 80 ?
A.Nand Kumar Talpade
Answer – C.Anand Yadav
Noted Marathi author Anand Yadav passed away in Pune on November 27, 2016. He was 80. Anand’s autobiography ‘Zombi’ had won Sahitya Akadmi award in 1991.
- NASA will work with Space agency of which Country to put communications capability on the spacecraft Hope that will reach the mars planet in 2021?
Answer – D.UAE
US space agency NASA will work with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Space Agency Mars Hope spacecraft which will reach the Mars in 2021 under an “umbrella agreement” said by Dr Gale Allen, NASA’s Deputy Chief Scientist on November 27, 2016.
- Who is the winner of the 53rd Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held on November 27, 2016?
Answer – D.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton win his 53rd Grand Prix title , while Rosberg, Sebastian, Verstappen claims the second, third and fourth position respectively on November 27, 2016 in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Against which player, the Indian Badminton Player PV Sindhu lost the Women’s single title in the 12th Hong Kong Super series held between November 22-27, 2016?
A.Ratchanok Intanon, Thailand
B.Nozomi Okuhara, Japan
C.Tai Tzu-ying, Taiwan
D.Carolina Marín, spain
Answer – C.Tai Tzu-ying, Taiwan
12th Superseries tournament was held in Kowloon, Hong Kong from November 22–27, 2016. Indian professional badminton player PV Sindhu loses to Tai Tzu-ying from Taiwan in the final match of Super Series Women’s single title.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF), released a list of Top 50 World Champions comprising six indian male shuttlers. Name the top Indian shuttler who ranked at 12th spot ?
C.H. S. Prannoy
Answer – A.Kidambi Srikanth
As per the latest rankings released by the Badminton World Federation(BWF), SixIndian male shuttlers ranked amongst the Top 50 in WorlD.Kidambi Srikanth, Ajay Jayaram, H. S. Prannoy, B.Sai Praneet, Sameer Verma,Sourabh Varma.
- Which Cab service provider has partnered with SBI and PNB to launch a mobile ATM in the cab to help the people withdraw cash after the demonetization scheme?
D.Taxi for Sure
Answer – A.Ola
India’s largest ride-hailing service Ola cabs has tied up with lenders like State Bank of India (SBI) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) to set up mobile ATM in the cab to help people withdraw cash easily.
- The insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India has set up two advisory panels to consolidate and amend laws relating to corporate as well as service providers insolvency and liquidation. Who will be the head of the panels?
A.Dipak Gupta and Shubhasis ghosh
B.Mohandas Pai and Dipak Gupta
C.Mohandas Pai and Uday Kotak
D.Uday kotak and G Murlidhar
Answer – C.Mohandas Pai and Uday Kotak
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) sets up two high-level committees under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code to consolidate and amend laws relating to reorganisation as well as insolvency resolution service providers. Advisory committee on service providers is lead by educationist Mohandas Pai . Corporate insolvency and liquidation panel is chaired by noted banker Uday Kotak.
- Indian Railways and IRCTC have included “transgender as third gender” in the option in ticket reservation and cancellation forms both online and offline to safeguard their rights. Where is the headquarter of IRCTC?
Answer – B.New Delhi
Indian Railways and IRCTC have included “transgender as third gender” in the option alongside male and female in ticket reservation and cancellation forms both online and offline. IRCTC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways. Headquarters: New Delhi
- The book titled ‘Death Under the Deodars’ was penned by whom ?
Answer – D.Ruskin Bond
Indian author of British descent, Ruskin Bond has released his new collection of stories titled ‘Death under the Deodars: The Adventures of Miss Ripley-Bean’. The book consisting of 8 fresh thriller stories is set in the popular holiday destination, Mussoorie, in the bygone era of 1960-70.
- Which Indian boxer will be honoured with ‘Best Boxer’ award by International Boxing Association on December 20, 2016 ?
Answer – B.Vikas Krishan
Former Asian Games gold-medallist Vikas Krishan will be presented the ‘Best Boxer’ award by the International Boxing Association for his performance this year, during the world body’s 70th anniversary celebrations on December 20.