Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which High Court of the country has on 29 November 2016 directed that a son, irrespective of his marital status does not have any legal right to live in his parents’ house ?
A.Allahabad High Court
B.Kolkata High Court
C.Delhi High Court
D.Kerala High Court
Answer – C.Delhi High Court
The Delhi High court on November 29, 2016, directed that a son, irrespective of his marital status does not have any legal right to live in his parents’ house. The High Court Justice, Pratibha Rani directed, where the house is self-acquired by the parents, son could reside in his parents’ house only at their “mercy” up to the time the parents allow, as they have cordial relations and not because they have to bear his “burden”.
- India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country to extend the Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) by five years till 2021 ?
Answer – B.Switzeland
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and Switzerlandfor a joint project on energy efficiency of buildings in November 2011, for duration of five years based on the excellent results achieved by the project in the first phase. The ambassador of Switzerland to India, Andreas Baum, and Raj Pal, economic adviser at the Indian Ministry of Power, signed a pact to extend the Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP) by five years till 2021,
- A 2 judge bench of Supreme Court on 30 November 2016 ordered that all the cinema halls in India shall play the national anthem before the feature film starts and all present in the hall are obliged to stand up to show respect to the national anthem. The bench comprised of
A.Justices Dipak Misra and A K Mohanty
B.Amitava Roy and A K Mohanty
C.Justices Dipak Misra and Amitava Roy
D.A K Mohanty and JS Khehar
Answer – C.Justices Dipak Misra and Amitava Roy
The Supreme Court on November 30, 2016, made it mandatory for cinema halls to play National anthem before screening of a film in theatres across the country to instill a sense of committed patriotism and nationalism in citizens. A Bench of Justices Dipak Misra and Amitava Roy said that “People must show respect to the national anthem and the national flag and pay respect to the anthem.
- Which Indian institute has signed 3 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Ltd (NEEPCO) and entrepreneurship developer iBuild with a view to generate more employment opportunities?
Answer – D.NIT Agartala
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Agartala has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Ltd (NEEPCO) and iBuild that would be
valid for five years in the sector of knowledge updating, collaborative research in oil sectors, imparting training and conducting short term courses.
- ‘Poets Translating Poets’ festival held between 25-27 November 2016 which saw the participant of around 51 poets from various country was held in which place?
Answer – A.Mumbai
The ‘Poets Translating Poets’ festival held in Mumbai from November 25-27, 2016 to transcend boundaries of language and culture, through the act of translation and poetry. Nearly 51 poets from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Germany participated in the festival.
- What is India’s rank among 136 economies in Global Enabling Trade Report 2016 of World Economic Forum (WEF)?
Answer – C.102
According to the ‘Global Enabling Trade Report 2016’ of World Economic Forum (WEF), India has improved its ranking by four places to 102nd position among 136 economies in terms of enabling cross border trade.
- As per the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) report of 2016, students of which country are the best in the world in Mathematics and Science?
Answer – B.Singapore
An international benchmarking study, Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) released a report on November 29, 2016 that, Singapore students are the world’s best in Mathematics and Science. The test was administered by the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement, a non-profit research cooperative based in Amsterdam.
- Where is Jose Maria Cordova International Airport located?
Answer – C Colombia
Brazil has declared three days of mourning after a plane carrying the Chapecoense football team crashed in Colombia in the early hours of Tuesday, killing 71 players, journalists and crew members. The charter flight started its journey in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Monday afternoon and stopped over in Bolivia before heading for the Colombian city of Medellín. Jose Maria Cordova airport in Medellín said the plane had declared an emergency at 10pm local time on Monday because of electrical failures.
- Which country’s government on 29 November 2016 registered the new Constitution amendment bill to meet Madhesis demands?
Answer – C.Nepal
Nepal’s government registered the new Constitution amendment bill in Parliament on November 29, 2016, aimed at carving out a new state in southern Nepal to meet the demands of agitating Madhesis and other ethnic groups whose protests for bigger federal state last year left more than 50 people dead.
- What was the gross increase in NPA for Public Sector Banks in India during the July- September 2016 quarter?
A.Rs. 80,000 Crore
B.Rs. 71,521 Crore
C.Rs. 77,777 Crore
D.Rs. 79,977 Crore
Answer – D.Rs.79,977 Crore
On September 30, gross NPAs of public sector banks increased to Rs.6,30,323 crore against Rs. 5,50,346 crore by June end.This works out to an increase of Rs.79,977 crore on quarter on quarter basis.
- Mahindra group has partnered with which firm recently to develop cloud-based blockchain solution for supply chain finance?
Answer – C.IBM
The Mahindra Group and IBM joined together to develop blockchain solution. It is the first projects of its kind in India outside of banking industry. This solution will enable all parties involved in the transaction to act on the same shared ledger, with each party updating only their part of the process, ensuring efficiency, consistency, trust and transparency, while safeguarding sensitive information.
- Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Ltd (CMPDI) the consultancy arm of Coal India Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding(MoU) with SBI Capital Markets to increase their market share in the consultancy area.Coal India is a ____?
A.Mini Ratna Category-1 Company
D.Mini Ratna Category -2 Company
Answer – C.Maharatna Company
Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Ltd (CMPDI) the consultancy arm of Coal India Ltd (CIL) has signed a memorandum of understanding(MoU) with Mumbai based SBI Capital Markets to increase their market share in the rapidly growing consultancy area.In April 2011, CIL was conferred the Maharatna status by the Union Government of India.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the 55,000-tonne per annum (TPA) Odisha ferro-chrome plant set up by Tata Steel at a cost of Rs _____ in its Gopalpur Industrial Park?
A.Rs. 452 Crore
B.Rs. 551 Crore
C.Rs. 542 Crore
D.Rs. 447 Crore
Answer – C.Rs. 542 Crore
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurates the 55,000-tonne per annum (TPA) ferro-chrome plant set up by Tata Steel at a cost of Rs 542 crore in its Gopalpur Industrial Park in Ganjam district. It is the first plant in India to use briquetting method of chrome ore fine agglomeration.
- Which Indian state has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Thailand on November 29, 2016, for promoting cooperation and collaboration between the states?
Answer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh and Thailand signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on November 29, 2016 for promoting cooperation and collaboration between the states. The MoU was signed between Surindra Rajabhat University Regional Development Strategies (SRRURDS) Foundation of Surin Province, North East of Thailand and Mahabodhi Lord Buddha College (MLBC) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- How many Indians born CEOs have got place in the Fortune Businessperson of the Year list 2016 that has been topped by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
Answer – B.4
Four leading India-born CEOs have been named in Fortune’s Top 50 Businessperson of the Year list that is topped by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Microsoft’s Satya Nadella ranked 5, A O Smith’s Ajita Rajendra ranked 34th, HDFC Bank’s Managing Director Aditya Puri ranked 36th and Mastercard’s Ajay Banga ranked 40th.
- Autobiography of which Indian has won the Crossword Book of the Year Award (Autobiography category)?
Answer – D.Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography “Playing it my Way” has won the Crossword Book of the Year Award (Autobiography category). The book is penned by renowned cricket historian and Tendulkar’s close friend Boria Majumdar
- American magazine Esquire has given the International Woman of the Year Award 2016 to whom ?
Answer – B.Deepika Padukone
The sixth Esquire Man at His Best Awards 2016 was held on November 29, 2016 in Dubai. The annual event celebrates the outstanding achievements of men (and a few women) across the Middle East over the past year. Among the award, International Woman of the Year Award was given to Actress Deepika Padukone and International Man of the Year to Bollywood’s Ranveer Singh.
- Which Indian-American women has been Nominated to the Administration of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of United States?
C.Dr. Seema Verma
Answer – C.Dr Seema Verma
US President-elect Donald Trump nominated a second Indian-American woman, Dr. Seema Verma to a top administration position on November 29, 2016, as in charge of a federal agency within the health department.
- Scientists from which country have developed the world’s first “water-wave laser,” that generates laser radiation through the interaction between light and water waves?
Answer – A.Israel
Scientists in Israel has developed the world’s first “water-wave laser,” that generates laser radiation through the interaction between light and water waves. The study conducted by Technion-Israel Institute of Technology is the first bridge between two areas of research that were previously considered unrelated to one another: nonlinear optics and water waves.
- Name the portal launched by The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to provide easier access to academic documents online.
D.E- CBSE Dastawez
Answer – B.Parinam Manjusha
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) chairman R K Chaturvedi has launched its digital portal named ‘Parinam Manjusha’ to provide easier access to academic documents online. Students can find their marksheets, pass certificates, and migration certificates from this portal.
- The world’s largest coral reef Great Barrier Reef is located in which country?
Answer – B.Australia
Australian Scientists on November 29, 2016 revealed that Great Barrier Reef suffered its worst coral die-off ever recorded.The report stated that warm seas around Australia’s Great Barrier Reef in less accessible north have lost two-thirds of a 700-km (435 miles) stretch of coral in the past nine months.
- Where is the headquarters of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) located?
Answer – C.Monaco
International Association of Athletics Federations headquartered at Monaco, has launched an online portal for reporting suspicions of doping. The secure portal on its home page is available in six languages and offers full confidentiality. Information submitted and transmitted via secure networks and is completely anonymous.
- Name the 7 year old Indian boy who has won a gold medal at the Asian Youth Karate Championships, New Delhi ?
Answer – C.Hashim Mansoor
Explanation: Seven-year-old Hashim Mansoor from Kashmir’s Bandipora district has won a gold medal at the Asian Youth Karate Championships, being held at New Delhi. He clinched the gold in the three day championship in the sub-junior category (below 25kg) after defeating his competitors from Bhutan and Malaysia in the first two rounds and his Sri Lankan opponent in the final on November 29, 2016.
- What is the current career-best ranking of Virat Kohli in the latest MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen?
Answer – B.Third
Virat Kohli has moved up to a career-best third spot in the latest MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen after coming up with a useful contribution in his team’s eight-wicket win over England in the third Test in Mohali. He scored 62 and six not out to move to 833 points, within 14 points of England’s Joe Root in a list led by Australia captain Steve Smith.