Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which state has become the first to adopt a resolution to support the demonetization move of the government?
Answer – C.Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh has become the first state in the country to adopt a resolution of supporting the demonetization of high-value currency notes decision of the central government.Chhattisgarh government has expressed support to the decision, to flush out black money from the system and promote institutional mechanism for clean monetary transactions.
- Under ‘Housing for All by 2022’, Government has approved setting up of how many houses in the next three years?
Answer – B.1 Crore
The government, on November 17, 2016, approved a scheme to construct 1 crore houses in next 3 years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 under ‘Housing for All by 2022’.
- Recently which state has been adopted by Sachin Tendulkar under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna?
Answer – A.Gollapalli village
Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar inaugurated projects worth Rs 6 crore at his adopted village of Puttamrajuvari Kandriga in Andhra Pradesh.On this occasion he also adopted Gollapalli village in the same state under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna .It would be developed with an amount of Rs 3.05 crore
- Which of the following country has conducted Raad ul Barq (Strike of Thunder) military exercise in a strategically located area in Punjab?
Answer – D.Pakistan
Pakistan conducted military exercise ‘Raad ul Barq’ (Strike of Thunder) in an area located in Punjab province, bordering India.It was a joint exercise carried out by Pakistan Army and Air Force to reflect the preparedness of their armed forces to respond to any threat to its national security.
- Which of the following country has officially withdrawn from International Criminal Court (ICC) ?
Answer – D.Russia
Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, has signed an executive order announcing Russia’s withdrawal from the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.This means crimes committed by Russian citizens will no longer fall under the jurisdiction of the ICC.
- Which of the following was declared as the word of the year 2016 by Oxford Dictionaries ?
Answer – A.Post-truth
Oxford Dictionaries has named “post-truth” as its 2016 international word of the year.The adjective, post-truth, is defined as- relations to circumstances in which facts are judged to be less important than emotion and public opinion.
- Which among the following Broadcaster service will launch 11 new language services?
Answer – D.BBC
BBC World Service will launch 11 new language services as part of its biggest expansion “since the 1940s”, due to the funding boost.The new languages will be Afaan Oromo, Amharic, Gujarati, Igbo, Korean, Marathi, Pidgin, Punjabi, Telugu, Tigrinya, and Yoruba.
- Which Test Cricket playing nation has appointed a women as the president of the Cricket Board?
Answer – C.New Zealand
Debbie Hockley has been elected as president of New Zealand Cricket Board, becoming the first woman to hold that role in the 122-year history of the sport’s national governing body.Debbie Hockley was former captain of New Zealand’s women’s team and is a member of the International Cricket Council’s hall of fame.
- World Philosophy Day is observed on which date?
Answer – C.November 17
World Philosophy Day is celebrated each year on the third Thursday of November to promote human thought, new ideas and critical thinking to confront today’s challenges. The day was proclaimed by UNESCO and it was first celebrated on 21 November 2002.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad’ ?
Answer – D.Twinkle Khanna
Writer and former actress Twinkle Khanna launched her second book ‘The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad’ in the presence of Shabana Azmi, Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt in Mumbai.The book was dedicated to her husband to Akshay Kumar.
- Who has been awarded the Poet Laureate award 2016 at the Mumbai’s literary festival ‘Tata Literature Live’?
Answer – B.Gulzar
Veteran lyricist, writer and filmmaker Gulzar has been awarded Poet Laureate award 2016 at the Mumbai’s literary festival ‘Tata Literature Live’ on November 17, 2016. Gulzar’s contribution to Indian literature through his heart-touching poetry makes him the top choice for the award.
- Which airline has been awarded as the best airline in the world by AirlineRatings.com?
A.Air New Zealand
Answer – A.Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand has been awarded the best airline in the world for the fourth consecutive year in the global rankings according to AirlineRatings.com’s Airline Excellence Awards.The Air New Zealand also won the best premium economy category for third time. Australian airline Qantas backed the second prize.
- Which Social media giant has acquired the emotion detection start-up FacioMetrics ?
Answer – D.Facebook
Facebook has acquired FacioMetrics, an emotion detection start-up, to help its artificial intelligence (AI) research into building facial gesture controls.The social media giant Facebook will use FacioMetrics to enhance its Snapchat selfie Lens-style augmented reality face masks that are making their way into its videos and Live broadcasts.
- Recently which country has discovered a new species of fish?
Answer – C.China
A research fellow from the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Xu Guanghui discovered new species of fish in ChinA.The new fish is named as eltopleurus nitidus sp. It is the type of oldest and most primitive representative of the ovoviviparous neopterygian fish.
- Sporty Solutionz has signed Rs 100 crore deal to boost which sports in India?
Answer – C.Boxing
The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) and Sporty Solutionz have signed a 5-year deal under which the Sporty Solutionz will provide IBC Rs. 100 crore to boost professional boxing in India.The aim of the investment is to make India the global hub of professional boxing over the next five year.
- Who among the following has sets a new world record in free style swimming?
Answer – A.Mritul
A 13-year-old boy Mritul has set a new world record in free style swimming. He covered nine Kilometers in three hours.His target was to achieve twelve km in five hours but he has achieved 13.3 km and has successfully attempted this aspiration to have a world record certified by elite world record.
- S.K. Sinha who recently passed away was the former governor of which state?
B.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – B.Jammu & Kashmir
Former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt Gen S K Sinha passed away at the Army Research and Referral hospital on November 17, 2016 in New Delhi said by his son Y K SinhA.He was 92.Sinha has served as the Jammu and Kashmir Governor and led the first batch of Indian troops who entered J and K when Pakistan raiders invaded in 1947.
- Oxigen has tied with which bank for cash management services?
Answer – D.Federal Bank
Federal Bank has tied up with Oxigen to expand the bank’s e-collection facility to the about 3 lakh- retail outlets of Oxigen.This facility, will initially be valid for one year, and will enable all the 3 lakh retail outlets of Oxigen to remit their cash collection at Federal Bank branches pan-India.
- An online portal has been launched for facilitating trade between India with which country?
Answer – A.Iran
An Online Portal was launched for facilitating trade between India and Iran. The aim of the portal is to disseminate information relevant to Indo-Iran Trade, and to provide an e-marketplace for the buyers and sellers of the two countries.
- Name the HDFC Banks MD who made 36th place in the Fortune’sTop 50 Business Persons List.
Answer – B.Aditya Puri
HDFC Bank’s Managing Director, Aditya Puri, has been ranked 36th in the US magazine Fortune’s Top 50 Business Persons List for 2016. He is the only Indian among three persons of Indian origin in the global rankings list.
- Crownit has tied up with which bank to launch the digital meal vouchers?
Answer – C.Yes Bank
Mahasrashtra based Yes Bank has partnered with Crownit, amerchant discovery and privileges platform to launch a digitised meal vouchers. It is the app based digital meal wallet and it can be linked with a Meal Debit MasterCard to enables employees to avail unlimited food, beverage & grocery redemption options, both online and offline.
- Who is the Chief of the Naval Staff?
A.Devendra Kumar Joshi
B.Nirmal Kumar Verma
C.Robin K Dhowan
Answer – D.Sunil Lanba
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba will formally take over the four naval systems from the Defence Minister.
- How many Naval System has been inducted in the Indian Navy recently?
Answer – B.4
The Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar will hand over Four Naval Systems developed by DRDO to the Indian Navy at a function on November 18, 2016 in New Delhi.The Four Naval Systems Are: ABHAY , HUMSA UG, NACS and AIDSS