Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- A six-day long global conference envisioned on economic empowerment of women to foster leadership and entrepreneurship in which city?
D.MumbaiAnswer – C.New Delhi
The Women Economic Forum is being hosted by All Ladies League with a theme ‘Women: Uplifting and Uniting The World’. Women across many countries and all walks of life will meet to discuss social empowerment and Social issues
- Which programme is launched by Urban Development Minister M.Venkaiah Naidu as a 15-day special event for ensuring cleanliness at all Government offices across the country?
A.Swachh Clean mission
B.Swachh Office Drive
C.Swachh Arena Drive
D.Swachh Environment missionAnswer – B.Swachh Office Drive
It is an intensive thematic campaign under Swachh Bharat Mission. The Minister also planted a Neem sapling at Nirman Bhawan and inspected the building for about an hour for an on the spot assessment of sanitation.
- What is the name of the Robot is the world’s first artificial intelligence lawyer installed by Law Firm Baker Hostetler in the United States?
D.ROSSAnswer – D.ROSS
The Robot was named as ‘ROSS’ which is originally built by Watson, IBM’s cognitive computer. The purpose to assist its various teams in legal research and development. The capabilities of the ROSS Involvement in the computing and Natural language processing.
- Which State Government joined with New Delhi based Engineering Company BHEL has bagged order worth of Rs 1,600-crore from a joint venture company of NTPC and SAIL?
D.KarnatakaAnswer – A.Odisha
The proposed Thermal power plant of 1×250 MW which is coal-based unit will be set up at Rourkela Power Project on engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) basis.
- Which centre has launched by Capgemini jointly with NASSCOM at the Helen Keller Institute of Deaf and Deaf & blind dedicated to training individuals in Panvel and Navi?
A.Digital health centre
B.Digital education centre
C.Digital literacy centre
D.Digital library centreAnswer – C.Digital literacy centre Explanation :
The centre will be training over 1200 persons with disabilities. This is the ninth such centre launched as part of the National Digital Literacy Mission move that will enable training infrastructure and trainers at the centre with the help of the institute and the project implementation partner.
- Which medal is honoured posthumously for Four Indian peace keepers sacrificed their lives while serving in the UN peacekeeping operations in the year 2015?
A.Param Vishisht Seva Medal
B.Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
C.Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak
D.Dag Hammarskjold MedalAnswer – D.Dag Hammarskjold Medal
United Nations announced Dag Hammarskjold Medal for Four Indian peace keepers and a civilian, who sacrificed their lives while serving in the UN peacekeeping operations in the year 2015 to be honored posthumously.
- Which college PhD student Nandini Bhandaru bagged the European Materials Research Society’s Young Scientist Award?
D.NIT WarangalAnswer – C.IIT Kharaghpur
She has won the award at E-MRS’s 2016 Spring Meeting in Lille, France based on her outstanding contribution to materials science and nanotechnology, particularly nano-patterning of soft films and surfaces.
- Which programme is launched by Shri Nitin Gadkari related to National Portal for Infrastructure Consultancy Firms and Key Personnel which is developed by NHIDCL?
D.INTERCONAnswer – B.INFRACON
The portal hosts the credentials of consultancy firms and key personnel and has linkages to Aadhar and Digi-locker for data validation and purity. Agencies within the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, like the NHIDCL can receive technical proposals through INFRACON.
- Which is the world’s First Scanning equipment built by Australian researchers to examine materials without disturbing them?
D.Nano particle MicroscopeAnswer – A.Helium Microscope
University of Newcastle in collaboration with scientists from England’s University of Cambridge developed the microscope with helium to examine structures without damaging or changing them.
- Which remote-sensing satellite has successfully blasted off by China into orbit to carry out land surveys and assist with disaster relief?
D.Yaogan-30Answer – D.Yaogan-30
China has successfully blasted off a Yaogan-30 remote-sensing satellite into orbit to carry out land surveys and assist with disaster relief efforts from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwestern China’s Gobi desert.
- In which Open title to win UK Based Andy Murray defeated Serbian Novak Djokovic for the first time?
D.US openAnswer – C.Italian open
The Italian open tennis was held in Foro Italico,Rome,Italy. Andy Murray loses in the Madrid Open final, gained his victory defeated top ranked Serbian 6-3, 6-3. It is the first time for Andy Murray to defeat Novak Djokovic.
- Who is the Red Bull driver to become Formula One’s youngest race winner aged 18 by winning the Spanish Grand Prix Daniel Ricciardo?
D.Max VerstappenAnswer – D.Max Verstappen
The Belgian-Dutch racing driver Max took advantage of the early crash involving the favorites and held on for the victory only a few days after moving up from feeder team Toro Rosso in a controversial driver switch with Daniil Kvyat.
- Who has won the Silver in the Men’s air Rifle in the International Shooting Competition of Hannover in Germany?
D.RathoreAnswer – A.Abinav Bindra
Former Olympic gold medalist Shooter Abhinav Bindra clinched the silver by 0.1 point in the men’s air rifle in the International Shooting Competition of Hannover in Germany.
- The world’s oldest Living Person has passed away New York City aged 116 and died due to ill. Who is he/she?
D.Susannah DavidAnswer – B.Susannah Mushatt
The world’s oldest living person Susannah Mushatt Jones has died in New York City. She is aged 116 and had been ill for the past 10 days.
- President of India receives first Copies of Books “Tagore’s Vision of the Contemporary World” and “Tagore and Russia” were published by _________?
A.Indian Council for Cultural Development
B.Indian Council for Cultural Management
C.Indian Culture Associations
D.Indian Council for Cultural RelationsAnswer – D.Indian Council for Cultural Relations
India’s President Pranab Mukherjee will receive the first copies of books Tagore’s Vision of the Contemporary World” and ‘Tagore and Russia” at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. Both books are being published by Delhi based Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
- ISIS has reportedly launched its first mobile app………………. for children to teach them the Arabic alphabet and the vocabulary taught
2.ISIS Mobile Wallet
ISIS has reportedly launched its first mobile app for children to teach them the Arabic alphabet and the vocabulary taught by it includes jihadist themes along with words like ‘tank’, ‘gun’ and ‘rocket’.
- Shweta Rathore is associated with which Sport ?
4.SwimmingAnswer –2.Body Building
Shweta Rathore is an Indian physique competitor. She is the first female from India who won the medal in world championship. She won the 49th Asian championship.