Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Supreme Court upholds constitutional validity of which law petitioned by Political leaders to challenge pending criminal cases in High Courts?
A.Punishment for defamation
C.Making a false document
D.Criminal DefamationAnswer – D.Criminal Defamation
The Supreme Court upholds the validity of the criminal defamation law of the 156-year-old penal laws. The petitioners include the ones by Congress –Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal and BJP leader Subramanian Swamy.
- Nirankari mission spiritual leader was killed in a road accident in Canada, when he was travelling from New York to Montreal. Who is he?
A.Baba Gauravdev Singh
B.Baba Hardev Singh
C.Baba Gurudev Singh
D.Babu Hardev SinghAnswer – B.Baba Hardev Singh
Nirankari spiritual leader Baba Hardev Singh was killed in a road accident in Montreal, Canada. When he was travelling from New York to Montreal. He was 62.
- Who has elected as FIFA’s first female Secretary General with zero experience on Soccer to run the day to day administration?
D.None of the aboveAnswer – C.Fatma Samoura
Senegal Based Fatma Samoura has been elected as FIFA’s first Female Secretary General as she has no experience in Soccer administration. Announced By: FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
- Which Indian based artist won third prize at UN poster contest on N-Disarmament conducted by UN General Assembly?
D.Manju ChandrashekarAnswer – A.Anjali Chandrashekar
22 year old Indian Artist Anjali Chandrashekar won award at UN poster contest on N-Disarmament and appreciated by UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon. The competition was structured to remember the anniversary of the first UN General Assembly resolution adopted in 1946 establishing a Commission to deal with problems related to the discovery of atomic energy.
- Which state has bagged the best family destination in the country in the Lonely Planet Magazine India Travel Awards 2016?
D.KarnatakaAnswer – B.Kerala
Kerala has been awarded the best family destination in the country in the Lonely Planet Magazine India Travel Awards 2016. The state Tourism Director U V Jose received the award at a function in Mumbai.
- Who has been appointed as National Stock Exchange chairman after obtaining approval from Securities Exchange Board of India?
D.Ashok ChawlaAnswer – D.Ashok Chawla
Mumbai based India’s biggest exchange, NSE, had nominated Ashok Chawla as its new chairman after obtaining a clearance from the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India. He is set fill the shoes of previous holder S.B. Mathur.
- ASSOCHAM reported that which sector tripled their growth in last 5 years as development and progress of Internet users in India?
B.Foreign Direct Investment
D.E-visaAnswer – C.E-Commerce
The Indian E Commerce sector tripled or grew by 209% past 5 years from $4.4 billion in 2010 to $13.6 billion in 2014. Country’s E-commerce market is expected to reach $38 billion (Rs 252,700 crore) in 2016.
- India inked with which organization about Project Collaboration Agreement for Cooperation on promoting Traditional Medicine?
D.WTOAnswer – B.WHO
Co-operation on promoting the quality, safety and effectiveness of service provision in traditional and complementary medicine between WHO and AYUSH, India for the year 2016-2020.
- Which government notified the Backward Classes (Reservation in Services and Admission in Educational Institutions) Act, 2016?
D.None of the aboveAnswer – D.None of the above
The bill moved by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar was passed by voice vote. Under this act Haryana government is entitled to provide reservation in services and admission in educational institutions to persons belonging to backward classes in the State.
- Uttar Pradesh government launched the __________ emergency service across the state on October 2nd 2016.
D.Dial-0Answer – A.Dial-100
Uttar Pradesh government is set to launch the ‘Dial-100’ across the state on October 2. CM Akilesh Yadav would launch the service in Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Jhansi and Ghaziabad.
- Railways named Jaldoot train have carried water from Miraj to which City to cater to the need of the people in the parched areas?
D.AnandAnswer – C.Latur
Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu has called for withdrawal of Rs 4 crore expenditure bill which was sent to the drought-hit Latur for water trains sent to the region.
- Which Dictionary added 19 Singaporean terms and 13 Hong Kong terms and also includes about 500 new words and phrases from around the world?
A.Oxford English Dictionary
B.Cambridge English Dictionary
D.Duke English DictionaryAnswer – A.Oxford English Dictionary
The (OED) added 19 Singaporean terms and 13 Hong Kong terms in its latest update. The update styles itself as the definitive record of the English language, includes about 500 new words and phrases from around the world.
- New Delhi based non-profit Economics think tank projected India’s economic growth rate to grow marginally to ____________percent in 2016-17.
D.8.8Answer – C.7.7
India’s GDP likely to expand by 7.7% in FY17 reported by National Council of Applied Economic Research.
- UR Roa becomes first Indian in International Astronautical Federation’s ‘Hall of Fame’. He is former _______________.
D.AIF Chief MarshalAnswer – A.ISRO Chairman
Former ISRO scientist and Professor Udupi Ramachandra Rao will be honoured with the 2016 IAF Hall of Fame Award by the International Astronautical Federations for his immense contribution to the progress of astronautics.
- Who took over as interim Brazil President whereas the present president was suspended from office for 180 days over an impeachment?
D.Disou SezhwanAnswer – A.Michel Temer
Brazil’s interim president Michel Temer set to remain in office till 2019. He took over the presidency from Brazil’s first female President Dilma Rousseff, who was suspended from office for 180 days over an impeachment.