Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Indian Postal Department collaboration with Department of Space has geo-tagged over 1.5 Lakh posts through Mobile App called as?
D.DEVANAnswer – C.BHUVAN
Indian Postal Department enhanced their services to Hi-tech by geo-tagging the post offices and has started to monitor the timely clearance of the letter boxes through a mobile application called BHUVAN.
- According to EY report, India ranks which position in the category of Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index basis on renewable energy projects?
D.4thAnswer – C.3rd
India ranks at third position after the United States and China in the category of Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index reported by EY.
- Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda inaugurated the foundation of three Medical colleges in which state?
D.Jammu& KashmirAnswer – D.Jammu& Kashmir
Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda laid the foundation stones of three medical colleges, to be set up at a cost of around Rs 189 crore each, in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The International Day of Families is being celebrated on which day to promote awareness of issues concerned with families?
D.May 12thAnswer – B.May 15th
The International Day of Families is celebrated annually on the 15th of May. This day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues concerned with families and to increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
- India Test fires indigenously built _________________________interceptor missile successfully from the launch complex of Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
A.Advanced Indian Navy
B.Advanced Air Force
C.Advanced Air Controller
D.Advanced Air DefenceAnswer – D.Advanced Air Defence
Indigenously built Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile successfully test fired from the launch complex of Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- NASA’s which mission has helped its scientists to discover a total of 1,284 more planets beyond our solar system?
D.RoverAnswer – A.Kepler
NASA’s Kepler mission has helped its scientists to discover a total of 1,284 more planets beyond our solar system. With the Kepler space telescope Astronomers found that planets outside the solar system would be 3,264 that called exo planets which are searched for habitable planets like Earth.
- Who has been appointed as Deputy Chairman of FIFA Governance Committee?
D.Miguel MadonnaAnswer – B.Mukul Mudgal
Ex-Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana MukulMudgal has been appointed as the deputy chairman of world governing body FIFA’s Governance Committee.
- GC Mitra resigned from the post of Technical Core Committee Chairman of which Department and he is put on work in Odisha?
A.Archaeologial Survey of India
B.Central Bureau of Investigation
C.Department of Post
D.Income Tax DepartmentAnswer – A.Archaeologial Survey of India
Delhi based Archaeological Survey of India technical core committee chairman GC Mitra resigned from his post. Mitra is put on preservation work of Jagamohan, the chamber facing the sanctum sanctorum of Sri Jagannath Temple in Puri Odisha.
- Who has been appointed as UAE based ICC General Manager to steer its strategic communications?
D.AnilKumbleAnswer – B.Claire Furlong
Cricket governing body ICC appointed Claire Furlong as new General Manager to steer its strategic communications, she will assume his duty on July 17.
- US mission in India won which award of the US State Department for its innovative approach to greening throughout the country?
A.Greening Diplomacy Initiative
B.Greening Environment Initiative
C.Greening Forest Initiative
D.None of the AboveAnswer – A.Greening Diplomacy Initiative
The American mission in India has won the prominent Greening Diplomacy Initiative Award of the US State Department for its innovative approach to greening throughout the country.
- Finance Ministry announced which scheme and will remain functioning till September 2016 for filing of Declarations and payment?
A.Income Payment Scheme
B.Income Deposit Scheme
C.Income Tax Scheme
D.Income Declaration SchemeAnswer – D.Income Declaration Scheme
Finance Ministry announced that the Income Declaration Scheme 2016 will remain functioning till September 30 for filing of Declarations and Payments towards taxes, surcharge and Penalty.
- BharatiyaJanata Party (BJP) national president Amit Shah will inaugurate the second phase of PradhanmantriUjjwalaYojana at which district of Gujarat?
D.Gandhi NagarAnswer – C.Dahod
In the second phase of PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana, the free LPG connection will be given to BPL families in tribal district of Dahod. This scheme was launched the scheme in Uttar Pradesh on May 1.
- Union Government approved which state Government proposal to set up Kalinganagar National Investment and Manufacturing Zone Project?
D.Jammu & KashmirAnswer – A.Odisha
Union government has approved the Odisha Government’s proposal to set up Kalinganagar National Investment and Manufacturing Zone project as part of Ease of Doing Business in Jajpur district.
- Prime Minister chaired the high level meeting with Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das and Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje to discuss on which issue?
D.EnvironmentalAnswer – C.Water Scarcity
In a bid to discuss the Water Scarcity on the eve of drought Prime Minister NarendraModi chaired the high level meeting with Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das and Rajasthan CM VasundharaRaje to mitigate measures in their respective states.
- India inked with which country on nuclear agreement to engage the bilateral neighbourhood relationship between two nations?
D.BangladeshAnswer – D.Bangladesh
India inked a 21st century nuclear agreement with Bangladesh to engage the bilateral neighbourhood relationship between two nations. Signed between Minister of External Affairs and Bangladesh Department of Science and Technology.
- Indian Short film named______________ has been invited for a special screening at the 42ndseattle International Film Festival, Washington DC?
D.VishyaAnswer – B.Beti
A four minute documentary film ‘Beti’ which is a non-fiction on girl child education has been invited for a special screening at the 42nd Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Washington DC. The movie is directed by Shivain Arora.
- Indian Air Force team joint exercise with which country undertaking integrated air operations but also to absorb operational lessons from the exercise engagements?
D.GermanyAnswer – C.US
An Indian Air Force (IAF) team successfully concluded their four-week Red Flag aerial combat exercises at Alaska in the U.S. This Joint trial is to showcase the IAF’s capability in undertaking integrated air ops but also to absorb operational lessons from the exercise engagements.