AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 21 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the 33rd edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (Ind-Indo Corpat)inaugurated in order to enhance interoperability and strengthen existing bonds between India & Indonesia?
2) New Delhi,India
3) Port Blair,India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Port Blair,India
The 33rd edition of the India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (Ind-Indo Corpat) was started on March 19, 2019 and will continue till 4th April 2019 at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands in order to enhance interoperability and strengthen existing bonds of friendship between India and Indonesia.The closing ceremony will be held at Belawan, Indonesia. Under this both countries’ ship and aircraft would undertake patrolling of 236 nautical miles long International Maritime Boundary line on the respective sides.The Indian Navy, Commodore Ashutosh Ridhorkar, VSM Naval Component Commander, Andaman and Nicobar Command are led the Indian delegation.The Indonesian side led by Cmde Dafit Santoso.It is also a part of the Indian Government’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region), for assisting countries in the Indian Ocean Region.
- What was the theme of the first ever High-Level Dialogue on Indo-Pacific Cooperation (HLD-IPC),that held in Jakarta, Indonesia?
1) Theme – “Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous and Inclusive Region ”
2) Theme – “Digital Disruption and Innovation: Future of Procurement ”
3) Theme – “Reviving the Millennial Partnership ”
4) Theme – “Building partnerships through global value Chain ”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous and Inclusive Region ”
The Government of Indonesia has hosted the first ever High-Level Dialogue on Indo-Pacific Cooperation (HLD-IPC) in its capital city Jakarta. The theme of the HLD was “Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous, and Inclusive Region”. It was inaugurated by Indonesia’s Vice President Jusuf Kalla. The Dialogue saw the participation of representatives from India, Australia, US, Brunei Darussalam, Japan, South Korea, Russia, New Zealand and China apart from 10 member ASEAN countries.The objective behind this meet was to urge all participating governments to talk openly about their plans for increasing cooperation and for building trust in the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean region. The Indo-Pacific region is comprised of three-fifth of the world’s population with gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to US$52 trillion.
- What is the rank of India,according to the United Nation’s World Happiness Report 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 140
On 20th March 2019, United Nations released World Happiness Report where India is ranked 140th out of 156 nations. India shows a 7 spot decline along with five other countries. For the second consecutive year, Finland topped the list. Denmark ranked second followed by Norway, Islands and The Netherlands.The report was released on World Happiness Day(Mar 20) by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.Pakistan ranked 67th, Bhutan 95th, China 93rd, Bangladesh 125th and Sri Lanka 130th while South Sudan ranked last in the World Happiness Report.Income, freedom, Social support, trust, healthy life expectancy and generosity are the six key variables assessed for the report. The results of the report are correlated with factors including social security and GDP.
- Which bank has signed loan agreement worth USD 50 million with Avaada Energy Private Limited (AEPL) to expand the Renewable Energy Capacity in India?
1) World Bank
2) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
3) European Investment Bank (EIB)
4) New Development Bank (NDB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
To expand the Renewable Energy Capacity in India, Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a loan agreement of USD50 million with India’s renewable energy producer company Avaada Energy Private Limited (AEPL). It was signed by Avaada Energy chairman Vineet Mittal and ADB Principal Investment Specialist Mayank Choudhary.This agreement will help in Government’s strategy to give a boost in the share of renewable energy generation capacity from about 20% in 2018 to 40% by 2030, and to reduce India’s emission intensity of its gross domestic product (GDP) by 33% to 35% by 2030.The investment will be done through ADB’s Ordinary Capital Resources and Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP), a funding arm of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) administered by ADB.
- Name the Indian rail coach manufacturer,which became the world’s largest rail coach manufacturer surpassing Chinese manufacturers.
1) Indian Railway Coach Factory,Haldia
2) Modern Coach Factory, Raebareli
3) Integral Coach Factory (ICF),Chennai
4) Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Integral Coach Factory (ICF),Chennai
Indian Railways Integral Coach Factory (ICF) has surpassed the top Chinese manufacturers after creating a 40% record increase in its production. With this, Indian Railway’s oldest and premier coach manufacturing unit becomes the single largest rail coach manufacturer in the world. ICF has manufactured 2,919 coaches from April 2018 to February 2019 as compared to 2,600 coaches by Chinese manufacturers.Besides ICF Indian Railways has 2 coach manufacturing facilities namely Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala and Modern Coach Factory, Raebareli.
- According to European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) report,how much percent of global trade represent Counterfeit and pirated goods in the year 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 3.3%
On 18th March 2019, As per European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) report, counterfeit and pirated goods amounted to 3.3% of global trade. It amounts to $522 billion in global sales. When compared to 2016, counterfeit and pirated goods shows a considerable increase since the year. It was 2.5% of global trade in 2016.While considering the imports to the European Union alone, such goods worth 121 billion euros which is 6.8% of total imports to the region. It was 5% in 2016.China, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Singapore, Thailand, India and Malaysia are the countries which mainly export pirated and counterfeits goods.United States, Japan, South Korea and EU state are the countries where the companies affected the most by counterfeit and pirated goods.
- Union Defence Minister decided to purchase 10 lakh hand grenades worth ________ crores for Indian Army under ‘Make in India’ programme?
1) Rs.400 crores
2) Rs.450 crores
3) Rs.550 crores
4) Rs.500 crores
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rs.500 crores
On 20th March 2019, Union Defence Minister cleared the proposal to purchase 10 lakh hand grenades for Indian Army under ‘Make in India’ programme.It costs around Rs. 500 crores which will replace the existing HE-36 grenades manufactured by the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and a production agency has been selected to manufacture the multi- mode grenades.The government also signed a Rs. 700 crore agreement with a US manufacturer for purchase of Sig Sauer Assault Rifles.Make in India is a type of Swadeshi Movement which encourage the companies to manufacture their products in India and invest in the manufacturing sector.
- Name the first latin American,who won the 2019 Templeton Prize worth $1.4m for combining science and spirituality in his work.
1) King Abdullah II
2) Marcelo Gleiser
3) Dalai Lama
4) Mike Brown
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Marcelo Gleiser
On 19th March 2019, Brazilian physicist and astronomer Marcelo Gleiser won the 2019 Templeton Prize, worth $1.4m (Rupees 9,61,20,500), for combining science and spirituality in his work. 2019 Templeton Prize – Marcelo Gleiser.He is the first Latin American to win the award, which is given for exceptional contribution for directing life’s spiritual dimension.The prize started by late global investor Sir John Templeton in 1972.In the year 2018, it was won by King Abdullah II of Jordan.
- Which football club won the l–League Champion by All India Football Federation (AIFF) in Chennai?
1) Minerva Punjab
2) Bengaluru FC
3) Chennai City
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Chennai City
On 20th March 2019, Chennai City FC crowned as the l–League Champion by All India Football Federation (AIFF) in Chennai. The I-League aka Hero I-League is the men’s top most professional football league in India. The owner of Chennai City FC is Rohit Ramesh.
CATEGORY WINNER Fair Play Award Shillong Lajong Top Goal Scorer Pedro Manzi (Chennai City) and Willis Plaza (Churchill Brothers) 21 goals each. Best Goalkeeper Billal Khan (Real Kashmir) Best Defender Roberto Eslava (Chennai City) Best Midfielder Nestor Gordillo (Chennai City) Best Forward Pedro Manzi (Chennai City) Best Home Match Organizer East Bengal Emerging Player Gaurav Bora (Chennai City) Best Coach Akbar Nawas (Chennai City) Hero of the League Pedro Manzi (Chennai City)
- Name the former India hockey captain,who was appointed in Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) Standing Committee recently.
1) Harendra Singh
2) Manpreet Singh
3) Sandeep Singh
4) Sardar Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sardar Singh
On 20th March 2019, former India hockey captain Sardar Singh along with 13 Indian Olympic Association (IOA) members, have been named in various Standing Committees of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) at its 38th General Assembly which held in Bangkok.Sardar Singh has been appointed in the athletes standing committee, Rajeev Mehta who is IOA’s secretary general appointed in the culture standing committee, Hockey India secretary general Mohd Mustaque Ahmad is in the media standing committee, Athletics Federation of India (AFI) president Adille Sumariwala and Lalit Bhanot have been appointed in the sports for environment and sports standing committees respectively for four-year term (2019 to 2023).
- Which telescope of NASA discovered pulsar hurtling through space?
1) Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope
2) Spitzer Space Telescope
3) Hubble Space Telescope
4) Galileo National Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope
On 19th March 2019, NASA’s Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope and the National Science Foundation’s Karl G. Jansky Very Large Array (VLA) discovered pulsar hurtling through space.This pulsar is named as PSR J0002+6216 (J0002 for short). It is located 6,500 light years away in the constellation Cassiopeia.It speeds nearly 2.5 million miles per hour which is as fast as it could travel the distance between Earth and the Moon in just 6 minutes.Pulsar is a super dense rapidly spinning neutron stars which are left behind when a massive star explodes.The study will help to better understand how the explosions are able to kick the neutrons to start in such a high speed.
- Name the Japanese unmanned spacecraft,that probes Asteroid Ryugu and discoverd small amount of minerals containing water on the surface of the asteroid?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hayabusa2
Japanese unmanned spacecraft,Hayabusa2 reached Asteriod Ryugu on June,2018.Since then,the spacecraft landed multiple robotic probes on its rocky terrain of the Asteroid Ryugu.The spacecraft had surveyed 69,000 locations covering almost 90 percent of Asteroid Ryugu by using a near-infrared spectrometer capable of detecting hydrated minerals.According to its study published in U.S. Journal Science,the spacecraft probed and found the small amounts of minerals containing water on the surface of the asteroid.A part of the water might be from asteroids and comets.
- What is the name of the new service unveiled by Google that allows people to play high-end games without purchasing expensive consoles?
3) GDC 2019
4) Streaming service
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Stadia
Google unveiled Stadia, a service that will let people play video games without the need for dedicated consoles or high-end computers. Instead, gamers will be to play on standard laptops, tablets or phones, with all the heavyweight processing performed on Google’s servers. The platform will let users immediately play any game that is available on the service, without the need to purchase it individually or download a copy to their device. “Stadia offers instant access to play,”.Stadia is a cloud gaming service, meaning that processing and graphics rendering will be performed at Google data centres. As a player moves around in a game, video of the gameplay will be streamed to their device. Providing the internet connection is good enough, this will happen seamlessly.
- Name the world’s largest ground-based telescope developed by pune based IT firm ThoughtWorks,that is to become operational in Hawaii in the mid-2020.
1) Gran Telescopio Canarias
2) South African Large Telescope (SALT)
3) Large Binocular Telescope (LBT)
4) Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT)
A Pune-based IT firm is developing software for the world’s largest ground-based telescope, the Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT), which is likely to come up on Mauna Kea in Hawaii. The telescope is being constructed jointly by India, US, China, Japan and Canada and is likely to become operational in the mid-2020s. India is building the telescope’s complex optical structure, called the Segment Support Assembly (SSA), which will comprise 492 hexagonal mirror segments, collectively forming the primary mirror. An eight-member team at the IT firm, ThoughtWorks, is designing three different software — Common Software Services (CSS), Data Management Services(DMS) and Executive Software (ES) — to deal with the control systems to manoeuvre the telescope and manage the big data that will be generated once it becomes operational.
- Where did 5 member team discovered,India’s deepest shaft cave during the 28th edition of the annual ‘Caving in the Abode of the Clouds Expedition’?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Meghalaya
On 21st March 2019 during the 28th edition of the annual ‘Caving in the Abode of the Clouds Expedition ’,a five-member team of cavers of Meghalaya Adventurers’ Association (MAA) has discovered India’s deepest shaft at Krem Um Ladaw. It has 105 m deep shaft entrance passage. Last year, the world’s longest sandstone cave, “Krem Puri” was discovered in Mawsynram area of Khasi Hills district, Meghalaya.
- Which city has signed to host T10 league,the shortest form of cricket for five years?
4) Abu Dhabi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Abu Dhabi
The T10 cricket League is set to be played in Zayed Cricket Stadium of Abu Dhabi for the next five years, starting from 2019 season. The first match in the T10 League will be held on 23rd October 2019. Abu Dhabi Cricket (ADU) partnered with the Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) and Abu Dhabi Sports Council (ADSC) has entered into a five year agreement with organizers of the T10 league for 5 years.T10 is the shortest form of cricket which was first played in UAE in 2017.
- India participated in which of the following sport for the first time in 15th Special Olympics World Summer Games 2019 held in Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates?
1) Option i
2) Option i & ii
3) Option ii & iii
4) Option i,ii & iii
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i & ii
The 15th Special Olympics World Summer Games 2019 for athletes with Intellectual disabilities held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates with motto “Meet the Determined”. The event saw the participation of 190 countries. The next Special Olympic Games are set to take place in Sweden in 2021.India wins 368 medals at the Special Olympics World Summer Games including 85 gold, 154 silver and 129 bronze. Jitendra Pawal won a gold medal in the 200m race.Medals are won in Judo, Athletics, Cycling, Aquatics, Powerlifting, Basketball Traditional, Table Tennis, Roller skating, Badminton, Handball Traditional and Football 7 Side Female competitions in the game.Out of 24 Olympic type sports which featured the World Cup, India participated in 14 types. It is for the 9th time India has participated in the Special Olympics.India participated in Judo and Futsal for the first time.
- Which country has been stopped from hosting the Junior Davis Cup and Fed Cup?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
India has lost the hosting rights of two international tennis tournaments viz. Junior Davis Cup and Fed Cup which were scheduled to be held in RK Khanna stadium, New Delhi in April. Now both events will be held in Bangkok, Thailand. Reasons behind losing of hosting rights: Absence of a written guarantee from India that the visa entry would be granted to the Pakistani contingent for the Davis Cup.Closure of Pakistan’s air space after the Balakot air strike, resulting flights of participating teams have to take alternate and long routes to enter the Indian airspace. Earlier, India had stripped to host Junior Asian championships by United World Wrestling (UWW). The stripping off of India’s hosting rights is due to the India’s denial of visas to Pakistani shooters for the ISSF World Cup held in Delhi in February following the Pulwama attack.
- Name the 1971 India-Pakistan war hero and Maha Vir Chakra awardee,who passed away recently.
1) Vikram Batra
2) Mohammad Usman
3) Mohan Narayan Rao Samant
4) Jaswant Singh Rawat
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mohan Narayan Rao Samant
The 1971 India-Pakistan war hero, Captain Mohan Narayan Rao Samant of the Indian Navy, passed away at the Bharatiya Arogya Nidhi Hospital in Juhu at the age of 89 years due to cardiac arrest. He was a native of Pune (Maharashtra).He was an awardee of Maha Vir Chakra for his bravery.He had trained over 400 Bengali college students as maritime commandos in the run up to the 1971 war against Pakistan.In 2012 Bangladesh Govt conferred him the “Friend of Liberation War” honour.
- When is the International Day of Nowruz observed?
1) 18th March
2) 20th March
3) 19th March
4) 21st March
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 21st March
In 2010, the United Nations General Assembly officially declared 21 March as International Nowruz Day. Iranian New Year, Nowruz has been celebrated for more than 3,000 years in Iran, previously known as Persia, and other countries that were formerly part of the ancient Persian empires.The festival has roots in Zoroastrianism, a monotheistic religion which originated in ancient Iran.
- What was the theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2019?
1) Theme – “Promoting tolerance, inclusion, unity and respect for diversity in the context of combatting racial discrimination ”
2) Theme – “Mitigating and countering rising nationalist populism and extreme supremacist ideologies ”
3) Theme – “Us and Them – From Prejudice to Racism”
4) Theme – “Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation ”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “Mitigating and countering rising nationalist populism and extreme supremacist ideologies ”
The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed annually on 21 March to raise awareness about the negative consequences of racial discrimination. In 2019, it was observed with a theme “Mitigating and countering rising nationalist populism and extreme supremacist ideologies”. The day commemorates the Sharpeville massacre on 21 March 1960, which involved killing of 69 people by police, at a peaceful demonstration against the Apartheid regime (a regime which embraced racial discrimination) in Sharpeville, South Africa.The UN General Assembly proclaimed the day as a UN Day of observance in 1966.
- What was the focus of the World Down Syndrome Day 2019?
1) Leave no one behind
2) Reviving the Millennial Partnership
3) Shaping a New World
4) One World One Sun One Grid
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Leave no one behind
World Down Syndrome Day is observed annually on March 21 to raise awareness about Down syndrome, a congenital disorder caused by having an extra 21st chromosome. This year the focus of the day was on “Leave no one behind” by creating opportunities for people with Down syndrome to live fulfilling lives.The day was first recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) on March 21, 2007 then from 2012 onwards, UN General Assembly decided to designate 21 March as World Down Syndrome Day.
- When was World Poetry Day observed?
1) 19th March
2) 20th March
3) 21st March
4) 18th March
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 21st March
World Poetry Day observed on 21st March 2019 to encourage the reading, writing, and teaching of poetry throughout the world.In the year 1999, UNESCO, in its 30th General Conference in Paris, has declared this day to support linguistic diversity and to safeguard endangered languages.
- What was the theme of the International Day of Forests 2019?
1) Theme-“ Building partnerships through global value Chain of Forests”
2) Theme-“ Forests and Education – Learn to Love Forests”
3) Theme-“ Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation in India”
4) Theme-“ Good Governance – Focus on Aspirational Districts and Forests”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme-“ Forests and Education – Learn to Love Forests”
International Day of Forests(IDF) 2019 was observed on 21st of March 2019 all over the world. Theme for International Day of Forests: “Forests and Education – Learn to Love Forests”. It has been organized since 2013 by the United Nations General Assembly with an aim to raise awareness and educate people about the importance of forest for maintaining the balance of the ecosystem.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Indonesia?Capital-Jakarta & Currency: Indonesian rupiah.
- Who is the Secretary General of United Nations?Secretary General-Antonio Guterres
- Where is the headquarter of European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) located?Alicante,Spain
- Who is the president of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?Takehiko Nakao
- Where is Nokrek National Park located?Meghalaya