AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 December 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Name the bridge inaugurated on the Migging-Tuting road, only communication to border areas and posts at Gelling and Bishing, ahead of Tuting in Arunachal Pradesh (AR) .
1) Diffo Bridge
2) Rabung bridge
3) Bogibeel Bridge
4) Dibang Bridge
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Rabung bridge
On December 26, 2019, The state Health and Family Welfare minister Alo Libang of Arunachal Pradesh (AR) inaugurated the Rabung bridge on the Migging-Tuting road in Arunachal Pradesh‘s(AR) Upper Siang district.The bridge will be strategically important for the Indian Army(IA) and ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police). This is due to the fact that Migging-Tuting road is the only line of communication to border areas and posts at Gelling and Bishing, ahead of Tuting in AR.
- Which organization has build the Rabung bridge in Arunachal Pradesh (AR) recently ?
1) National Highways Authority of India
2) International Transport Forum
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Border Road Organisation (BRO)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Border Road Organisation (BRO)
On December 26, 2019, The state Health and Family Welfare minister Alo Libang of Arunachal Pradesh (AR) inaugurated the Rabung bridge on the Migging-Tuting road in Arunachal Pradesh‘s(AR) Upper Siang district. The bridge was constructed by Project Brahmank of the Border Road Organisation(BRO). Constructed by the 1448 Bridge Construction Company (BCC) of 761 Border Road Task Force (BRTF) of Project Brahmank under BRO, the bridge has load capacity of 70 tonnes.
- Registration of which Identity card has crossed 125 crore since its launch ?
1) Aadhaar card
2) PAN Card
3) Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
4) Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Aadhaar card
On December 27, 2019 the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) announced that the Aadhaar project crossed 125 crore mark of registration. Thus as of now, over 1.25 billion residents of India hold Aadhar card.This milestone was reached because of rapidly increasing use of Aadhaar as the primary identity document by the Aadhaar holders. The Aadhaar-based authentication services have been used close to 37,000 crore times since inception.Currently UIDAI receives nearly 3 crore authentication requests per day.
- In which corridor, the 1st trial run of double-stack train conducted on newly built Rewari (Haryana) – Madar (Rajasthan ) section ?
1) Southern Dedicated Freight Corridor (SDFC)
2) Northern Dedicated Freight Corridor (NDFC)
3) Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC)
4) Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC)
On December 27, 2019, An inaugural trial run of double-stack freight train was conducted on newly built Rewari (Haryana) – Madar (Rajasthan ) section on the 306 km long Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC). The train was flagged off in the presence of Sh. Anurag Sachan, Managing Director (MD) of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation India Limited (DFCCIL), by Station Sr. Executive Sh. Ravindra Sharma. At present , DFCCIL running freight trains at speed of 75 kilometre per hour & it will be increased to a maximum speed of 100 kilometre per hour.
- Where was the 1st edition of Mandu festival 2019 has commenced ?
1) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
2) Madhya Pradesh (MP)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Madhya Pradesh (MP)
On December 28, 2019, A 5-day long 1st edition of Mandu festival 2019 has commenced in Mandu (City of Joy), a prominent tourist destination in Madhya Pradesh(MP). This festival is being organized by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board as part of the government’s efforts to promote Tribal Tourism.
- Which country topped in the Knight Frank’s “Global House Price Index Q3 2019” ?
1) Czech Republic
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Hungary
On December 27, 2019 global property consultant Knight Frank released a report titled “Global House Price Index Q3 2019”. The report was about housing prices in a particular quarter of the financial year. As per the report, Hungary topped the list. The Global House Price Index Q3 2019 tracks the movement of residential prices across 56 countries and territories worldwide using official statistics.
- What is the rank of India in the Knight Frank’s “Global House Price Index Q3 2019” that tracks the movement of residential prices ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 47th
On December 27, 2019 global property consultant Knight Frank released a report titled “Global House Price Index Q3 2019”. The report was about housing prices in a particular quarter of the financial year. As per the report, India was ranked at 47th place out of 56 countries, while Hungary topped the list.
Rank Country 47 India 1 Hungary 2 Luxembourg 3 Croatia
- Name the first Indian Ophthalmologist, who won the Life Achievement Honor Award 2019, the highest award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) .
1) Dr. Satish Mehta
2) Dr. Navin Sakhuja
3) Dr. Santosh Gajanan Honavar
4) Dr. Lalit Varma
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Dr Santosh Gajanan Honavar
Indian ophthalmologist from Pune (Maharashtra) & director of the Department of Ocular Oncology and Oculoplasty at Centre for Sight, Hyderabad, Telangana, has become the 1st Indian Ophthalmologist (doctor who specializes in eye and vision care) to won the Life Achievement Honor Award 2019, the highest award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) conferred to its members.
- Where was the Saptamatrika cult, the earliest Sanskrit inscription discovered ?
2) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
4) Tamil Nadu (TN)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh (AP)
On December 25, 2019 the Epigraphy Branch of the Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) has recently discovered earliest epigraphic evidence of the Saptamatrika cult. It is the earliest Sanskrit inscription discovered in South India as on date and was discovered in Chebrolu village in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh(AP). This discovery predates the evolution of the language by almost 200 years. Prior to this discovery Nagarjunakonda inscription of Ikshavaku king Ehavala Chantamula was considered as the earliest Sanskrit inscription in South India. It was issued in his 11th regnal year corresponding to the 4th century A.D
- Which country’s heaviest and most advanced communications satellite, Shijian-20 was launched recently ?
1) United States (US)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) China
On 27th December 2019, China launched its heaviest and most advanced communications satellite, Shijian-20 (means “Practice”) by its largest new carrier rocket Long March-5 (also known as CZ-5) from Wenchang Space Launch Center (WSLC) in south China’s Hainan Province.A new technology test and verification satellite, Shijian-20 weighs more than eight tonnes was developed by China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).
- Shadab Bashir Jakati announced his retirement recently, he is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Cricket
On 28th December, 2019, Indian Cricketer, Shadab Bashir Jakati(39) announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket.He hails from Vasco da Gama, Goa.He represents Chennai Super Kings in the year 2009, Royal Challengers Bangalore in the year 2014 & Gujarat Lions in the year 2017 in Indian Premier League (IPL).He represents Goa in first class cricket.So far, he has played 92 matches in First Class Cricket & scored 2734 runs, 82 matches in List A Cricket & scored 1104 runs & 91 matches in T20 & scored 185 runs.
- Name the deceased former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court, who also served as the judge of supreme court and Chief Justice of Madras High Court .
1) P. N. Bhagwati
2) H. J. Kania
3) Dr S Mohan
4) J. S. Verma
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Dr S Mohan
On 27th December 2019, Dr S Mohan (89), former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was born on 11th February, 1930 in Tamil Nadu.He served as the Judge of Supreme Court between the years 1991 and 1995 & also served as the acting Governor of Karnataka between February 5, 1990 and May 8, 1990.He also served as the Chief Justice of Madras High court & chairman of National Cyber Safety and Security Standards.
- Vikas Sabnis passed away recently, he was a legendary __________ .
1) Social Activist
2) Political cartoonist
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Political cartoonist
On December 27, 2019, Legendary Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra due to cardiac arrest. He was 69.Born on 12 July 1950, Sabnis studied at the Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy (JJ) School of Arts in Mumbai.He considered the famous cartoonist Description Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Laxman & Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray as his role models. After working in Thackeray ‘s weekly magazine ‘Marmik’, for 12 years, Sabnis joined the Marathi daily newspaper ‘Loksatta’.
- Name the Education Loan Subsidy scheme launched by Assam Chief Minister (CM) Sarbananda Sonowal .
1) Krishi Sinchai Yojana
2) Kaushalya Yojana
3) Krishak Swahid Scheme
4) Abhinandan Scheme
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Abhinandan Scheme
On December 27, 2019, Assam Chief Minister (CM) Sarbananda Sonowal has launched an Education Loan Subsidy scheme called “Abhinandan”, during a programme held at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati. The scheme will provide a one-time subsidy of up to Rs 50,000 to all educational loans that sanctioned till 31st March, 2019.The CM also distributed subsidy sanction letters under this scheme to 1,546 students during the event.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarter of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) located ? Answer-San Francisco, United States of America (USA)
- Name the state animal of Andhra Pradesh (AP) . Answer-Blackbuck
- Who is the governor of Madhya Pradesh (MP) ? Answer-Lalji Tandon
- When was the Aadhaar Project launched by government of India ? Answer-28 January 2009
- Who is the Director General (DG) of Border Road Organisation(BRO) ? Answer-Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/december/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try December Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]