AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 6 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 6, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the joint issue of postage between India and which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Russia
This was done between the Department of Posts, India and Russia Post (Joint-Stock Company “MARKA” of Russian Federation). The aim of this postage was to establish postal cooperation and strive towards mutually beneficial operational excellence in the field of issuance of stamps.
- On June 6, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of a MoU signed between India represented by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and _____ represented by the Ministry of Transport and Communications on Cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space, in February, 2018 at Muscat?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Oman
To develop a joint activity in the field of application of space technologies for the benefit of humanity. In areas of : space science, technology and applications including remote sensing of the earth; satellite based navigation; Space science and planetary exploration; use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system; and application of space technology. To explore newer research activities and application possibilities in the field of remote sensing of the earth; satellite navigation; space science and exploration of outer space.
- On June 6, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed betweenIndia and United Kingdom on technical cooperation in which of the following field in April, 2018?
2.Sustainable Urban Development
3.Science and Technology
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sustainable Urban Development
The aim is to promote strong, deep and long term bilateral cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development between the two countries. A Joint Working Group on Urban Development is expected to meet once in a year, alternately in UK and in India to strategize and implement programmes based on the framework of the MOU. The areas of cooperation include smart cities development, solid waste management, green affordable housing, waste water management, capacity building of urban institutions, skill development in urban areas, urban mobility, intelligent transport system and transit-oriented development, innovative access to finance.
- On June 6, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister NarendraModi approved continuation Programme for Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark –III (GSLV Mk-III) for an estimated cost of _____?
1.Rs. 4338.20 crore
2.Rs. 2556.02 crore
3.Rs. 7026.02 crore
4.Rs. 2389.50 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 4338.20 crore
Total estimated cost for the project is : Rs. 4338.20 crore. Thisincludes the cost of ten GSLV Mk-III vehicles, essential facility augmentation, Programme Management and Launch Campaign. will make the country self-reliant in the launching capability of 4 tonne class of communication satellites and sustain & strengthen the space infrastructure and reduce the dependence on procured launches from foreign countries.
- On June 6, 2018, The Prime Minister approved interventions to deal with the crisis in the sugar sector. Several measures have been approved with a total cost of ____?
1.Rs. 6000 crore
2.Rs. 7000 crore
3.Rs. 9000 crore
4.Rs. 2455 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs. 7000 crore
Creation of buffer stock of 30 LMT of sugar for one year incurring expenditure of Rs.1175 crore and reviewed by Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) any time. The reimbursement on a quarterly basis to be done directly to the farmer’s account on behalf of sugar mills. Fixation of minimum selling price of white sugar based on Fair Remunerative Price (FRP) of cane and minimum conversion cost of white/refined sugar as per Sugar Price (Control) Order, 2018 under Essential Commodities Act, 1955. The minimum selling price of white/refined sugar shall be initially fixed at Rs.29/kg reviewed by DFPD .
- On 6th June 2018, the IRCTC introduced the trial run of environment friendly bagasse-based food packaging on 8 premium trains like Shatabdis and Rajdhanis originating from New Delhi. What does “T” represent in IRCTC?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tourism
This move has been done as a part of Indian Railways’ initiative to go green. It also aims to boost India’s sugarcane industry. Bagasse is the fibrous remains obtained after extracting sugarcane juice. It is utilised to make disposable cutlery and containers to serve meals. Provision will be made to collect the used packaging. Then it will be processed and disposed by composting to promote environmental sustainability.
- On 6th June 2018, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated a web portal named _____ to offer information and suggestions related to exact treatment received by patients for various health issues?
1.Continuous Medical Examination (CME)
2.Convenient Medical Education (CME)
3.Continuous Medical Education (CME)
4.Current Medical Education (CME)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Continuous Medical Education (CME)
The Continuous Medical Education (CME) web portal was developed by Maharashtra state government and the Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC). All registered medical practitioners and doctors use this web portal. Doctors in rural areas can us e this service on mobile or computers. They can also attend the workshop of CME. Using this facility medical practitioners can obtain online information and suggestions regarding accurate treatment of patients suffering from various ailments.
- On 6th June 2018, Minister of State(IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, _____ chaired the ‘Review, Planning and Monitoring (RPM) Meeting’ with the Secretaries of Power/Energy Departments of the States/UTs and Managing Directors of the Power Utilities?
1.R K Singh
3.Narendra Singh Tomar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.R K Singh
The progress of work under Saubhagya, Gram Swaraj Abhiyan and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna were discussed in the meeting. This was the first RPM meeting after 100 % village electrification has been achieved. R K Singh said that draft on amendments to Electricity Act will be circulated soon. Also, several aspects of rural electrification like availability of trained manpower and material, incoming monsoon and tendering process at local level etc. were discussed. The discussions were moderated by Arun Kumar Verma, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power.
- On 5th June 2018, where did the Ministry of Women and Child Development conduct a day-long National Consultation on Child Protection?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The objective of this event is to obtain information and expertise from all related stakeholders on crime against children. Secretary in Women and Child Development Ministry, Rakesh Srivastva said that, various measures have been taken to ensure that children grow in a violence free environment. He also said, anti-human trafficking bill that was cleared by the Cabinet, is expected to be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
- The Indian government has formed a group to study the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) Policy of India, headed by ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Baba Kalyani
The SEZ Policy was implemented from 1st April 2000. The Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 was passed by Parliament in May, 2005. It received Presidential assent on 23rd June 2005 and the Special Economic Zone Act was enacted. The SEZ Act 2005, supported by SEZ Rules, was brought into act on 10th February 2006. The group that has been formed will evaluate the SEZ policy. It will suggest measures to cater to the needs of exporters according to the current economic condition.
- On June 6,2018, the 11th edition of Geo-Intelligence Asia 2018 was organized at Manekshaw Centre in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
The theme of this year’s event : ‘GeoSpatial : A Force Multiplier for Defence and Industrial Security’. Gen Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff stressed on the use of various technologies available in the Geo Spatial field to automate the Indian Army find solutions for the challenges faced by the Indian Army. The session covered subjects like Enhanced Situational Awareness for Combat, Smart Cantonments, GIS and Logistics, Cyber Security and LIDAR .
- On June 6, 2018, the state government of Bihar launched new crop insurance scheme named ‘Bihar State crop Assistance scheme’ with effect from the Kharif season of 2018. As per the scheme, if more than 20% of crop is damaged, how much amount per hectare would be given as compensation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.10000
This insurance scheme will come in effect from the Kharif season of 2018. The name of the scheme is : ‘Bihar State Crop Assistance scheme’. Under this scheme the farmers would get a compensation of Rs7500 per hectare if less than 20% of the crop is damaged . And if more than 20% of crop is damaged , Rs.10000 would per hectare would be given as compensation.
- On June 5, 2018, The government of Uttarakhand announced that it would ban use of polythene bags from ___?
1.July 31st 2018
2.July 31st 2019
3.August 31st 2018
4.December 31st 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.July 31st 2018
This is inspired by Governments campaign against plastic use ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ that was launched ahead of World Environment Day. A week before the ban the state will conduct a massive mass awareness campaign on environmental damage caused due to plastic use. Along with Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Nagaland, Maharashtra, Jharkhand also declared the ban. Tamil Nadu’s ban will be in full effect from January 2019, Jharkhand’s ban will be from June 5 2019 and Nagaland’s decision would be in effect from December 2019.
- On June 6, 2018, which state government decided to set up police station in every district to minimize power theft and power loss?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttar Pradesh
33 enforcements units are working to check power theft. The state government announced that only 15% of power loss would be compensated. 55 more enforcement units have been approved. State cabinet has also decided to declare Nagar Palika Vrindavan and Nagar Panchayats Barsana, Gokul, Govardhan, Nandgaon, Radhakund and Baldev as no liquor areas. This places are under Mathura District .
- On June 6, 2018, which state government launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme for poor and families of labourers named ‘Bijli Bill Mafi Yojana 2018 (Power Bill Waiver Scheme)’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Madhya Pradesh
This would benefit 77 lakh people. Labourers falling under the unorganized sector would be given electricity at a subsidized rate. Another Yojana called : ‘Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana 2018’. Under this scheme , the BPL families would be given power supply at a rate of Rs.200 per month. Power connection would be provided free of cost and would benefit 88 lakh families.
- On 6th to 9th June 2018, where was the closing ceremony of the 31st edition of the India – Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) held?
1.Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Belawan, Indonesia
INS Kulish, a Kora class Missile Corvette commanded by Commander Deepak Bali and one Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the Andaman and Nicobar Command reached Belawan on 6th June 2018 for the closing ceremony. The opening ceremony of IND-INDO CORPAT was held on 24th and 25th May 2018 at Port Blair. The co-ordinated patrol (CORPAT) was held from 26th May to 2nd June 2018. The visit of the Indian Naval Ship indicates India’s peaceful presence and solidarity with friendly countries. This is expected to improve India – Indonesia ties.
- On June 6, 2018, a 6 member committee headed by RBI governor Urijit Patel announced second bi-monthly Monetory Policy of 2018-19. the repo and reverse repo rate was changed at ___ and ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.6.25%, 6%
It is the first time this will be a three day meeting . The Monetary Policy Committee would be setting the benchmark interest rate. In April, the repo and reverse repo rate was unchanged at 6% and 5.75%. RBI predicted the GDP to grow by 7.4% for FY19 .
- On 6th June 2018, which Bank received RBI’s approval for merger of Capital First, Capital First Home Finance and Capital First Securities with the company?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.IDFC Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its no objection for the voluntary merger of Capital First Ltd, Capital First Home Finance Ltd and Capital First Securities Ltd with IDFC Bank. In January 2018, the company said that, its board of directors has approved merger of the three entities with IDFC Bank.
- On June 6, 2018, World Bank approved an amount of ____ for the implementation of Atal Bhujal Yojana?
1.Rs. 7000 crore
2.Rs. 6000 crore
3.Rs. 5000 crore
4.Rs. 3500 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs. 6000 crore
The Atal Bhujal Yojana is under the Ministry of Water Resources , River Development and Ganga Rejuvination . This scheme would be implemented from 2018-19 to 2022-23 for a period of 5 years. This scheme has been recommended by the Expenditure Finance Committee.
- On June 6, 2018, According to assurance , tax and advisory firm Grant Thorton’s report corporate India has made Merger and Acquisition (M & A) deals worth ____ in May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.$25 billion
There were 46 transactions worth $25,656 million in May 2018 compared to previous year’s 35 transactions worth $897 million . This boost is mainly credited to the M&A deal of Flipkart and Walmart (US) worth $16 billion. It alone contributed to 62% of the total worth of M&A in May. Following the surge in May, the total worth of M&A deals for the first 5 months stand to $63,328 million or about $63 billion for a total of 204 transactions.
- On 6th June 2018, which Indian cricketer’s wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds in New Delhi?
3.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli’s statue was crafted using more than 200 measurements and photographs obtained during the sitting session. Virat Kohli’s statue features him in a dynamic pose, with the Indian cricket team jersey. Wax statues of other sport legends like Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, and Lionel Messi are also present in Madame Tussauds.
- Indian Cricket captain Virat Kohli has become the only Indian to appear in annual list of the world’s 100 highest-paid athletes 2018, as per Forbes. What rank did he secure in the list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.83
The annual list of the world’s 100 highest-paid athletes 2018 has placed Virat Kohli at the 83rd spot with a total earnings of 24 million dollars in the last 12 months. He has earned 4 million dollars through salary and winnings and 20 million dollars through brand endorsements. This year’s list has not featured any female athletes. American boxer Floyd Mayweather has topped the list with a earning of 285 million dollars.
- On 5th June 2018, who was appointed as next Ambassador of India to ASEAN?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rudrendra Tandon
Rudrendra Tandon is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of 1994 batch. He is currently Joint Secretary at Headquarters. He has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations). He will take up this assignment soon.
- Name the person who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cuba, on 4th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Madhu Sethi
Madhu Sethi (YOA : 2004) is Counsellor in the High Commission of India, London, at present. She has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cuba. She will take up the new assignment.
- On 4th June 2018, who was made the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lithuania?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Tsewang Namgyal
Tsewang Namgyal is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of 1992 batch. At present he is the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Poland. He has been named the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lithuania. He will take up this assignment soon.
- On 6th June 2018, Cricket Australia Chief Executive Officer ____ informed the Chairman and Board of Cricket Australia his intention to resign from his current position?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.James Sutherland
James Sutherland started working with Cricket Australia in 1998. He became CEO of Cricket Australia in 2001. He has given 12 months’ notice. He will continue as CEO until a new person is appointed. The Cricket Australia Board has appointed an executive search agency to carry out the recruitment process to find a new CEO.
- China has approved the first domestically developed, long-acting injectable HIV drug named ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Albuvirtide
Albuvirtide has been approved by the China Food and Drug Administration. It can block the fusion of the virus and host cell membranes, blocking the HIV life cycle in the earliest stage. Albuvirtide is injected once a week. Albuvirtide has lesser side effects, mainly on the liver, compared to imported anti-HIV drugs. Albuvirtide is a fusion inhibitor. It should be used with antiretroviral drugs to treat people with HIV infection who have received antiviral therapy. Albuvirtide will reduce treatment costs for HIV-infected patients.
- Researchers have developed a new material that is capable of absorbing organic pollutants present in water. The material has been obtained from cation exchange with an organo-functionalised mica named ___?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.C18-Mica-4
The research was conducted by the researchers of University of Seville. The study has been published in the journal Environmental Research. The material is a type of phyllosilicate. Phyllosilicates are a subclass of silicates. The material has been obtained from cation exchange with an organo-functionalised mica (C18-Mica-4). It shows the ability to eliminate organic pollutants in a solution in less than 24 hours. The material C18-Mica-4 can eliminate most of the pollutants that were evaluated in urban waste water, and surface water and potable water.
- When was the UN Russian Language Day observed?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.June 6
The Russian Language day is observed every year on 6th June. In 2010, this day was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). In 2010, the United Nations established language days for all its six official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish. The UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin, a Russian poet, who is called the father of modern Russian literature. This day focuses on cultural events, readings, plays and music.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium located?Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of IDFC Bank?MD & CEO – Rajiv B.Lall; Headquarters- Mumbai
- Who is the director general of World Trade Organization (WTO) headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland?Roberto Azevêdo
- Where is Gugamal National Park located?Maharashtra
- The Jamrani Dam is constructed on which river?Gola River