AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India has achieved a remarkable decline in Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) with ____ % reduction in such deaths since 2013, as per the Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin released on 6th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.22%
MMR has reduced from 167 in 2011-2013 to 130 in 2014-2016. MMR is the proportion of maternal deaths per 1,00,000 live births. Major reduction in MMR has been seen in Empowered Action Group (EAG) states — from 246 to 188. Also, the bulletin says that, in the southern states, the decline has been from 93 to 77 and in other states it has been from 115 to 93. EAG states are: Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, and Assam.
- On June 7, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a video conference on PMBJP and affordable Cardiac Stents and Knee Implants. Expand PMBJP?
1.Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janshakthi Pariyojona
2.Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojona
3.Pradhan Mantri Bijili Janaushadhi Pariyojona
4.Pradhan Mantri Bandan Janshakthi Pariyojona
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojona
The aim of the ‘Samvad’ or interaction was to get the feedback and to know the progress of the schemes for the poor patients . The ‘Samvad’ session would be uploaded to all the social media platforms like YouTube, NAMO App etc.
- On June 7, 2018, The Advisory Committee under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation approved 2 major irrigation/multipurpose projects and 4 flood management schemes/master plans with a cumulative cost of _____ from six States/ UT in its meeting held in New Delhi?
1.Rs. 84,748 crore
2.Rs. 95,000 crore
3.Rs. 75,566 crore
4.Rs. 45,546 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 84,748 crore
On June 7, 2018, The Advisory Committee under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation approved 2major irrigation/multipurpose projects and 4 flood management schemes/master plans with a cumulative cost of Rs. 84,748 crore from six States/ UT in its meeting held in New Delhi. The meeting was set the chairmanship of Shri U P Singh, Secretary,Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- On June 7, 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated 73km long National Highway connecting Matabati to Udaipur-Sabroom in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tripura
On June 7, 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated 73km long National Highway in Tripura . This national highway will connect Matabati to Udaipur-Sabroom. This was constructed in 30 months. This will help in infrastructure development.
- On June 7, 2018, The operation _____ performed by Indian Naval Ship Sunayana was successful and 38 Indian Nationals were successfully evacuated from the Socotra Island?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.NISTAR
This was done as a part of Humanitarian and Disaster Relief Exercise (HADR) and was code named ‘NISTAR’. This was in wake of the devastation caused by Cyclonic storm – Mekunu that left 38 Indian nationals stranded for 10 days in the island . The INS vessel docked at Socotra from the Gulf of Aden for search and rescue operations.
- Name the Chairman of Railway Board who launched a document called “ Guidebook for creating a child friendly and protective environment for children in contact with Railways” developed by National Commission for protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on June 7, 2018?
2.Ashok Kumar Lahiri
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ashwani Lohani
This was launched at an event in collaboration with Railway Children India at the Habitat World. Information Education Communication (IEC) Materials on child protection was launched in association with Save the Children to create awareness among stakeholders and people. The aim of this event is to create awareness about the care and protection of distressed children and a mass campaign would be launched on 8th June 2018.
- On 7th June 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh felicitated sports persons in _____, Jammu & Kashmir?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Srinagar
On 7th June 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh reached Srinagar on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir. He attended the sports conclave in Srinagar. Over 3,000 sportsmen, students and people participated. The following are the sports persons who were felicitated: Parvez Rasool (cricket), Manzoor Ahmad Pandav (cricket), Mehraj Uddin Wadoo (football), Real Kashmir Club (football), Ms Palak Kaur (gymnastics) and Ms Balween Kaur (gymnastics).
- On 6th June 2018, a new portal with single window facility for job seekers and employers was launched in Kerala. Which social media platform has been associated with this portal?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.LinkedIn
The facility was conceived and developed by Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence (KASE). LinkedIn, a social media platform, has also been associated with this portal. KASE along with the Labour Commissionerate will develop a Labour Bank that will be connected to the jobs portal. In phase I, employer and employee will register in the portal. Job fairs, data analysis, job search and application will be offered. In phase II, a skill registry, digi locker facility and job blogs will be made available.
- On 6th June 2018, Chief Election Commissioner of India ____, Election Commissioners Sunil Arora and Ashok Lavasa launched the online RTI Portal of Election Commission of India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.O.P. Rawat
This online portal will help applicants looking for information under the Right to Information Act. The website of online RTI Portal of Election Commission of India is available at: http://rti.eci.nic.in. Online payment gateway for paying requisite fees under the RTI Act is also available. The portal also provides online reply to applications and also for making first appeal and reply thereto.
- On June 7, 2018, a few extra measures were taken after the announcement of the ‘Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Jojona’ of which state government for the health insurance of working journalists?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Odisha
An assistance of Rs. 4 lakh to the family of the journalist in the event of death. Assistance for the treatment of any critical illness that is beyond the expenditure of Rs. 2 lakh. Three per cent interest subvention each up to Rs 25 lakh house building loans,four wheeler loan up to Rs 4 lakh and two wheeler loan upto Rs 50,000 will be released annually. The subvention would be released annually after the repayment of regular installments and interests.
- Which Indian city has been ranked number three in the list of sound polluted metropolitan cities?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Hyderabad
On June 7, 2018, The City of Hyderabad in Telengana has ranked third in The most sound polluted city list. It is also considered among the top 10 most air polluted metropolitan cities.
- On 6th June 2018, Myanmar and U.N. agencies signed a MoU for the eventual return of some of the 700,000 Rohingya Muslims who fled from Myanmar due to brutal attacks of Mynamar’s security forces and have camped now in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bangladesh
The MoU promises to develop a framework of cooperation aimed to create conditions for voluntary, safe, dignified and sustainable return of Rohingya refugees. The agreement does not mention about Myanmar’s denial of citizenship for the minority. Myanmar’s security forces have been accused of rape, killing, torture and the burning of Rohingya homes in western Rakhine state. Most of the Rohingyas lived in this region. In November 2017, Myanmar and Bangladesh agreed to repatriate Rohingyas. But refugees feared to return to Myanmar without international monitoring, as their life would be at risk.
- One June 7, 2018, According to a report of Economics and Peace in Sydney Australia, India secured what rank in the Global Peace Index 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.136
The number of countries ranked is 163.In 2018 India Ranked at 2016.During 2017 India improved by 4 places from 141st to 137th due to the reduction in violence caused by the enforcement of new laws. Iceland got the top rank . It has been ranked the most peaceful country from 2008.. New Zealand is 2nd , Austria is 3rd , Portugal is 4th and Denmark is 5th.
- On 6th June 2018, fifteenth edition of the QS World University Rankings was released by higher education analysts QS Quacquarelli Symonds. What is the rank of IIT Bombay in this ranking?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.162
IIT Delhi is in rank 172 (same rank as that of last year). IIT Bombay has improved 17 ranks and has been placed in 162nd spot. IISc has also moved up 20 ranks and reached rank 170 in 2019. Total number of Indian universities in the top 1,000 has increased from 20 to 24. The top 5 universities in QS World University Rankings 2019 is as follows:
1.Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – USA
2.Stanford University – USA
3.Harvard University – USA
4.California Institute of Technology (Caltech) – USA
5.University of Oxford – UK
6.University of Cambridge – UK
- On June 7, 2018, World’s first European Pressurized Reactor (EPR) nuclear reactor started its operations in Taishan , in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.China
It has third generation European technology. It is being managed by China General Nuclear Power Corporation . There are two reactors called : Taishan 1 and Taishan 2 and are of the same technology as EPRs in France and Finland. Taishan 1 will commence in a few weeks and Taishan 2 will start from 2019. This project is in Guangdong province and is 51% owned by CGN , 30% owned by EDF and 19% owned by the region’s electrical utility firm.
- World Bank (WB) has projected that the Indonesian economy will grow ____ % this year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.5.20
This projection is more than the Indonesian government’s projection of 5.18 %.World Bank has said that private consumption and investment would strengthen. World Bank country director for Indonesia, Rodrigo A Chaves said that, the investment growth is still high, considering the increasing prices of commodities. He also said that, the global economy would face a slower growth due to tightening monetary conditions.
- Which Indian cricketer will be presented the Polly Umrigar Award for the best international cricketer (2016-17 and 2017-18)at the BCCI Awards that will be held in Bengaluru on 12th June 2018?
3.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Virat Kohli
Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana will be awarded the best international cricketer (women) for the 2016-17 and 2017-18seasons respectively. They will be the first recipients of this award. Virat Kohli will be awarded a prize money of Rs 15 lakh for each season in the men’s category. To honour former BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmiya, BCCI has renamed four awards in his name. Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy will be awarded to the top run-scorer and wicket-taker in the U-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy and to the Best Junior and Senior Cricketer in women’s cricket.
- Which Indian actor will be presented the Lifetime Achievement honour at the 19th edition of International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards ceremony in Bangkok on 24th June 2018?
3.Shah Rukh Khan
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Anupam Kher
Anupam Kher is 63 years old. He has received two National Film Awards and eight Filmfare Awards. He has served as chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification and the National School of Drama in India. He has worked in more than 500 films in various languages. He is awarded for his contribution to the field of cinema. International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards 2018 will be held at Siam Niramit Theatre in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Name the former deputy governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) who has joined the board of Electronic Payment Services (EPS) as independent director?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.R Gandhi
R Gandhi was deputy governor of RBI from 2014 to 2017. EPS is a retail banking tech-service provider. It was founded in 2011 by experts from banking, technology and retail payments sectors in India. Mani Mamallan is the Founder & Managing Director of EPS.
- On 7th June 2018, West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi was given additional charge of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Tripura
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Keshari Nath Tripathi to carry out the functions of the Governor of Tripura, in addition to his existing duties, during the absence of Tathagata Roy, Governor of Tripura. The reason for Tathagata Roy’s leave was not specified.
- On 6th June 2018, Krishna Chowlu, an Arunachal Pradesh scientist with Botanical Survey of India (BSI) said that, the flower Impatiens dorjeekhanduii was named after the former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dorjee Khandu
Krishna Chowlu discovered the wild flower at a forest in Zemithang area of Tawang in September 2017. It is white at the base and violet on the top. He said that the flower has been named after Dorjee Khandu to honour his contributions for the development of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The earliest known animal fossil footprints dating back to nearly 635-541 million years have been discovered by researchers in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.China
The fossil footprints date back to nearly 635-541 million years. A study regarding this was published in the journal Science Advances. Trackways and burrows discovered in the Ediacaran Shibantan Member of the Dengying Formation (551-541 million years ago) in the Yangtze Gorges area of South China were studied. The trackways hint that they were made by bilaterian animals with paired appendages. The body fossils of the animals that produced these traces have not been found.
- On 7th June 2018, who became the first Indian cricketer to score 2000 runs in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mithali Raj
Mithali Raj reached this mark during the match in which India won over Sri Lanka by seven wickets in the Women’s Asia Cup T20 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Now she has 2,015 runs in 75 matches. She has become the seventh woman to reach 2,000 runs. The list is topped by Charlotte Edwards (2,605), Stafanie Taylor (2,582) and Suzie Bates (2,515).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the President and headquarters of World Bank?President – Jim Yong Kim; Headquarters – Washington, D.C., U.S.
- Where is Salt Lake Stadium located?Kolkata, West Bengal
- What is the tag line of Corporation Bank?A Premier Public Sector Bank
- Which state houses the Kazinag National Park?Jammu & Kashmir
- Who is the CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?Rahul Johri