Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which gas to be used in two wheelers on Pilot basis that is launched by the Union government in New Delhi?
A.Liquified Petroleum Gas
B.Compressed Natural Gas
C.Oxy Hydrogen Gas
Ans: B.Compressed Natural Gas
The two wheelers are launched by the Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar. The Test programme was launched with 50 Compressed Natural Gas retrofitted two wheelers. Of these, the first set of 10 CNG retrofitted two wheelers was started at the IGL Filling station at CGO Complex in New Delhi.
- For which route Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated new train service called Janhit express in order to connect every region of country?
A.Habibwala to Balawali
B.Sabaur to Bachwara
C.Edavai to Chirayinkil
D.Danapur to Saharsa
Ans: D.Danapur to Saharsa
The Minister also announced the extension of three train services in Bihar and Jharkhand. It is the first passenger train to run on the newly constructed Chandan-Banka line. He launched via video-conferencing in New Delhi targeting to connect every region of the country with the rail network.
- For what purpose MoU was signed between the Rural Development Ministry and ISRO created a system under MGNREGA in each gram panchayat?
A.disaster management support
B.global positioning of location
C.geo-tagging of assets
D.remote sensing technology
Ans: C.geo-tagging of assets
The move comes government seeking for online recording and monitoring of assets to check leakages and for effective mapping of terrain for future developmental works. Upon the MGNREGA over 30 lakh assets are formed yearly across the country and the Ministry has decided that through convergence with other schemes, the geo-tagging of such assets will be done on a mission mode.
- Which state is recommended by the Union government planning to build a hydrocarbon hub to meet requirements of neighbouring and other other Southeast Asian countries by 2030?
This will be a part of the total Rs 80,000 crore investments to take the oil and gas production in Assam to 9.4 million metric tonnes by 2030 as part of Centre’s ambitious plan to make Assam the petroleum hub of Southeast Asia.
- What is the name of agreement signed between Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) and Jinan in China that allows for exchange of ideas and technology in the fields of education and sports ?
Ans: A.Sister city
The agreement valid for five years and can be extended by another five years. The pact is also a part of an agreement signed between the Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Peoples Republic of China in May 2013.
- Which amended rule has decided by the Union Government to end the improbability over the General Anti Avoidance rules as it is expected to start with effective from 01.04.16?
Ans: D.Income Tax
An Anti-Tax avoidance regulation of India which is focused at transactions made particularly to avoid taxes. It is introduced by Pranab Mukherjee, then Finance Minister during Budget Session, 2012. During the 2015 Budget session, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that its implementation will be delayed by 2017.
- Which document aims at building best of class payment and settlement systems for a Cash –Less India and ensuring access of mobile banking services to even basic phone users?
India’s Central bank has released Payment and Settlement Systems in India. The Vision document focusing on the ways of developing the infrastructure and regulations in the country to reduce cash transactions and increase use of technology.
- Which company becomes first startup to avail benefits under Start-up India Action Plan offered by the government after it met the required criteria of being an innovative business located in Hyderabad?
A.Sahaj Solar Energy Pvt. Ltd.
B.Sujana Energy Limited
Ans: D.Cygni Energy
The company works in the renewable energy sector and was founded a year ago is the only company that is set to get the benefit since the plan was announced in January. Cygni Energy is applying for patent under the fast-track mode meant for startups for its inverterless solar energy technology.
- Who is received the Prestigious G. D. Birla Award for Scientific Research for 2015 from the Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT in Kanpur?
Ans: A.Sanjay Mittal
He has been honored for his contributions in the area of Bluff Body Flows flows past blunt bodies associated with large unsteady separation and leading to large fluid forces. The Award is given for Scientific Research was instituted in 1991 by the K. K. Birla Foundation in honour of the Indian philanthropist Ghanshyam Das Birla. This is the 25 Th edition of the honor.
- Who is appointed by the BCCI appointed former Spinner as the new Head Coach of Indian Cricket Team recently?
Ans: C.Anil Kumble
Kumble was appointed Chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee in 2012, a position he still holds. He was awarded Padma Shri and also received Arjuna Award. His Cricket career spanning over 18 years. His tenure would be for One year. He was among 57 candidates who applied for the position advertised by the BCCI. He has earlier mentored two IPL Sides namely Mumbai Indians and Royal challengers.
- Who is appointed as Nokia company head of Indian Market would be effected from from 1 August 2016?
Ans: D.Sanjay Malik
Malik will lead customer operations, drive the business growth strategy and superior customer engagement services. He will be based in Gurgaon. Malik is currently Head of Network Implementation (NI) at Nokia Global Services and is credited with efficiently driving growth and delivering strong performance.
- Who is resigned the position of Editor-in-Chief of Ananda Bazaar Patrika (ABP) and The Telegraph and decided to continue as chairman of the group?
Ans: B.Aveek Sarkar
Anirban Bhattacharya was appointed as the Editor of the Ananda Bazaar Patrika and R Rajagopalan was named as the Editor of The Telegraph. Aveek Sarkar will be work as an advisory role as Editor (Emeritus) and Vice Chairman of the company. He assumed the post of Editor of the Ananda Bazar Patrika in 1983 after death of his father Ashok Sarkar.
- How many wildlife sanctuaries, Tiger reserves and National Parks is to be implemented under Swachhta Mission?
The main focus of Keeping the Wildlife Sanctuaries, Tiger reserves and National Parks pollution-free and Ensure cleanliness & Waste Management. It is also make visitors to use Jute bag rather than plastics to avoid land pollution.
- The Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park (PNHZP) in West Bengal’s Darjeeling will get a two-year-old male snow leopard named _______ from Dudley Zoological Gardens (DZG) in Britain.
The leopard will be brought to Darjeeling zoo for a global conservation breeding programme. Which is listed as endangered on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. The leopard, named Makalu who gets his name from the world’s fifth highest peak rising to 8,463 metres on the south-east side of the Everest.
- Which Indian boxer settled for a bronze medal in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) World Qualifying Tournament in Baku Azerbaijan?
Ans: C.Vikas Krishan
During his quarterfinal contest against Korea’s Lee Dongyun he was ruled out of the semifinal clash owing to a cut on his forehead. However the Indian won 3-0 to make the semifinal and assured himself of an Olympic quota berth. With this India will present with three Indian boxers Vikas and Manoj, Shiva Thapa (56kg) that have qualified for the Olympic Games.