Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which country is along with Union Public Service Commission approved the Memorandum of Understanding in the links with Royal Civil Service Commission?
Union Cabinet approves MoU between UPSC and Bhutan’s Royal Civil Service Commission to tighten the relationship between Royal Civil Service Commission, Bhutan and Union Public Service Commission. It will support sharing of experience and capability of both the parties in the area of recruitment process.
- Which council along with FSSAI signed a pact to check misleading advertisement of food and beverages?
Advertising Standard Council of India (ASCI) will comprehensively monitor these advertisements across various media. The council has been given a suo motu monitoring mandate by FSSAI to process complaints against misleading advertisements of food and beverages.
- What is the name called a teacher education portal is launched by Union Minister for HRD Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani at Vigyan Bhawan, in New Delhi?
Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani dedicated ‘Prashikshak’ – a teacher education portal, to the nation at Vigyan Bhawan, in New Delhi. Prashikshak’ is launched with a vision to strengthen District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs) and bring quality teachers into the Indian school education system.
- Which country along with India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for bilateral cooperation in water resources Management and Development?
D.Sri LankaAns: A.Tanzania
Union Government headed by Prime Minister gave nod to Memorandum of Understanding between India and Tanzania for bilateral cooperation in water resources Management and Development.
- What are all the countries elected as the non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for a two-year period beginning in January, 2017?
A.India, Bangladesh, China and Japan
B.Indonesia, Srilanka, Nepal and Bhutan
C.Tanzania, Mongolia, Afghanistan and Pakistan
D.Bolivia, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and SwedenAns: D.Bolivia, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and Sweden
Bolivia (183 votes) and Ethiopia (185 votes) were chosen from Group of Latin America and the Caribbean and Africa region respectively. Sweden (134 votes) won from the Group of Western Europe. Kazakhstan won from the Group of Asia Pacific against Thailand.
- Which summit concluded under the presidency of Uzbekistan which is conducted the 2-day meeting in Tashkent, Uzbekistan?
A.Shanghai Cooperation Organization
B.Hong Kong Cooperation Organization
C.Beijing Cooperation Organization
D.Tashkent Cooperation OrganizationAns: A.Shanghai Cooperation Organization
The 2016 Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit concluded on 24 June 2016 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The 2-day meeting was conducted under the presidency of Uzbekistan.
- For what programme in India the World Bank committed USD 1 billion to reduce dependence on conventional energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
A.Solar power projects
B.Hydro electric projects
C.Windmill power projects
D.Thermal power projectsAns: A.Solar power projects
India to get $1 billion dollars from World Bank funding for solar projects.The World Bank today committed USD 1 billion (about Rs 6,750 crore) to support solar energy programme in India, which is reducing dependence on conventional energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Who is sworn in as a 16th President of Phillipines on 30 June 2016 inside the Malacanang presidential palace in Manila?
D.Abdul HamidAns: B.Rodrigo Duterte
Rodrigo Duterte was sworn in as the Philippines’ 16th president on 30 June 2016 inside the Malacanang presidential palace in Manila. He will have a six-year term. The first Mindanaoan president of the country, Duterte succeeds Benigno Aquino.
- Which Motor Corp on 29 June 2016 announced the appointment of Toshihiro as its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO)?
The appointment came after Osamu Suzuki announced that he will decline the CEO position to take responsibility for the automaker’s use of incorrect testing methods when calculating vehicle mileage.
- Which Integrated programme is launched by the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar at South Block in the sector of communication?
A.Defence Communication Network
B.Restraint Communication Network
C.Armour Communication Network
D.Protective Communication NetworkAns: A.Defence Communication Network
The network enables the Army, the Air Force, the Navy and the Special Forces Command to share situational awareness for a faster decision-making process. It is the first tri-service communication and IT network of the Armed Forces.
- Which country inaugurated a test stretch of an electric road in Sandviken for heavy transports on public roads?
The tests will continue up through 2018. They will provide knowledge of how electric roads work in practice, and whether the technology can be used in the future.
- What is the name called Indigenously-built heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo has successfully launched in navy ?
It has been developed by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), a premier laboratory of DRDO. Weighing around 1.25 tonnes, it can carry about 250 kg of explosives at a speed of around 40 nautical miles an hour.
- Which India’s leading food products company has signed up as the official sponsor for the Indian contingent to the Rio Olympics 2016?
The company will launch a series of advertising campaigns for milk and other dairy products to promote this association. In addition, the company’s products will also sport special branding to promote this association.
- Which renowned artist who is worked in Indian modern art died at Vadodara because of physical illness?
B.Isak Chisi Swu
C.R C Dhere
Renowned artist K.G. Subramanyan, credited with being one of the pioneers of Indian modern art, passed away in Vadodara, Gujarat following a brief illness. He was 92. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2012.