Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which is to become India’s first river island in the state as district status?
B.Gulf of Mannar
Assam government has granted a river island named Majuli in the state as district status. The island is sprawl over 400sqkm Island in the river Brahmaputra. Notably Sarbananda Sonowal who is CM of the state had won the assembly election this year from Majuli, a constituency reserved for scheduled tribes.
- Which social network based app is sought a petition filed by RTI for the complete ban because of end to end encryption in Supreme Court?
The Supreme Court rejected a petition filed by RTI activist seeking a complete ban on online messaging platform WhatsApp which have end to end encryption. The petitioner in his file citing this as a National Security concern as demanded the messaging platform to provide a key for the government.
- Which policy is approved by the Union Cabinet provides the way for auction of 100 prospective mineral blocks and its development in India?
A.National Mineral Policy
B.National Mineral Research Policy
C.National Mineral Observation Policy
D.National Mineral Exploration Policy
Ans: D.National Mineral Exploration Policy
Union Cabinet cleared the National Mineral Exploration Policy (NMEP) that pave the way for auction of 100 prospective mineral blocks and enhancing mining potential in India. The policy likely to attract private sector in exploration through the mineral exploration policy.
- For how many new IITs approved by the Union Cabinet chaired Prime Minister Narendra Modi under the Revised Cost Estimates?
Union Cabinet headed red by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Revised Cost Estimates for establishment of eight New IITs at Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Mandi, Patna and Ropar. The revised Cost Estimate is Rs. 13,990 crore against original project cost was Rs. 6080 crore for establishment of eight new IITs over a period of 11 years from 2008-09 to 2018-19.
- Which organisation is released the “State of the World’s Children 2016” Report to control the harassment against the children?
New York Based United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) released the annual report “State of the World’s Children 2016” to curb the harassment against the children. Problems facing by Children are affected due to Poverty, Illiteracy and early deaths which is likely to be controlled with this report.
- How much fund is allotted by United States based World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors for Technical Education Quality Improvement Project III in India?
Ans: D.$201.50 million
United States based World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved $201.50 million for Technical Education Quality Improvement Project III in India. The purpose is to improve the quality of Engineering education in selected states of India and to improve quality and equity in participating engineering education institutes.
- Union Government has decided to approve the proposal to set up the Indian Post Payments Bank with capital of _________ and to set up 650 branches by September 2017 as a Public Limited Company.
A.Rs. 700 Crore
B.Rs. 800 Crore
C.Rs. 600 Crore
D.Rs. 500 Crore
Ans: B.Rs. 800 Crore
The main focus is to increase financial inclusion in the country. The initial Setup of 22,137 Post Offices linked with core banking facility. The main key aspects are in every district, Post offices will be linked to core branch of Postal bank. The bank will be operated by a board which has five independent directors.
- Which Bank opened innovation lab to create investment fund with financial technology start-ups to provide digitization in the country?
Ans: C.Axis Bank
This innovation hub situated in Bangalore will emphasis on curating start-ups and working with them to help them develop the value propositions and the bank will look at absorbing their technology. These start-ups will mainly be centering across lending, digital, payments and artificial intelligence space.
- In which state World Bank approved $63 million for Tejaswini Project which clears the way for Socioeconomic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women?
This project Tejaswini is the first World Bank project in India that is especially dedicated on the welfare of adolescent girls and young women. The project will support adolescent girls and young women between the ages of 14 and 24 to complete their secondary level education.
- Who is honoured with prestigious Great Immigrants Award including 4 – Indian Americans which is presented by Carnegie Corporation?
Ans: D.Sunder Pichai
Indian Americans Awardees for “Great Immigrants: The Pride of America” award are Sunder Pichai – CEO of Google, Hari Sreenivasan – Anchor and Senior Correspondent, PBS News Hour, Vikram Malhotra – Chairman of the Americas, McKinsey & Company and Bharati Mukherjee – National Book critics circle Award winning author.
- Who is honoured with professorship by the Nanjing Audit University which is recognised by the Institute of Internal Auditors in China ?
B.Shashi Kant Sharma
Ans: B.Shashi Kant Sharma
The Indian Comptroller and Auditor General Shashi Kant Sharma has been conferred honorary professorship by the Nanjing Audit University in China. Shashi Kant Sharma is a 1976 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Bihar cadre. He had succeeded Vinod Rai as the CAG, supreme federal auditor in 2013.
- Which Indian player works jointly with Stepathlon Lifestyle and formed a new company Stepathlon Kids for health and wellness of next generation?
D.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Ans: C.Virat Kohli
Indian test Skipper Virat Kohli joined with Stepathlon Lifestyle and formed a new company Stepathlon Kids – a company focused on the health and wellness of the next generation. Upon this move Stepathlon Kids will press the Indian children to take 15,000 steps a day to a healthy lifestyle and to create long term positive behaviour.
- Which city is all set to host its first-ever cricket Test during India’s home series against New Zealand in September-October?
The new announcement from the BCCI says no Day- Night game against the Blackcaps during the NZ tour, against the earlier plans to have a game with the pink ball. India’s first Test against Blackcaps in Kanpur from September 22-26.
- Which day is observed as National Statistics Day every year to mark the birth anniversary of renowned statistician Prof. P.C. Mahalanobis?
A. July 28
B. July 29
C. June 28
D. June 29
Ans: D. June 29
The theme of 10th National Statistics Day is Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare. Celebration of National Statistics Day is organised by the Ministry of Statistics Programme Implementation at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.