AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs July 2 2019
- Name the new initiative approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) to boost research culture in India .
1) Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)
2) Centre with Potential for Excellence in Research Cutural Areas (CPERCA)
3) Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE)
4) Special Assistance Programme for Culture(SAPC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE)
In order to boost research culture in India, the University Grants Commission (UGC) approved a new initiative – Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE).Importance: It will strengthen research culture and innovation in colleges and universities by assisting students and faculty to contribute towards India’s developing economy with the help of collaborative research.
- Who formed the high powered 9 member committee of chief ministers for transforming Indian agriculture and raising farmers’ income?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi formed a high powered 9 member committee of chief ministers for transforming Indian agriculture and raising farmers’ income. It will suggest policy measures, attract investments and raise growth in food processing. The panel will be serviced by NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
- Who chairs the high powered 9 member committee of chief ministers for transforming Indian agriculture and raising farmers’ income, which will suggest policy measures, attract investments and raise growth in food processing?
1) Bhupesh Baghel
2) Pema Khandu
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Devendra Fadnavis
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Devendra Fadnavis
Prime Minister Narendra Modi formed a high powered 9 member committee of chief ministers headed by Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis for transforming Indian agriculture and raising farmers’ income. Members: H.D. Kumaraswamy, Chief Minister, Karnataka; Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister, Haryana; Pema Khandu, Chief Minster, Arunachal Pradesh; Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister, Gujarat; Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh; Kamal Nath, Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh,; Union Agriculture, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and NITI Aayog member Ramesh Chand.
- Name the campaign launched by Gajendra Singh Shekhawat for conservation of water and water security in New Delhi .
1) Jal Suraksha Abhiyan (JSA
2) Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA)
3) Jal Bharat Abhiyan (JBA)
4) Jal Upadhyaya Abhiyan (JUA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA)
On July 1, 2019, Union Jal Shakti Minister, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA)- a campaign for water conservation and water security in New Delhi. It will focus on 256 water stressed districts and 1,592 water stressed blocks.Launched in two phases, the first phase is between July 1, 2019, and September 15, 2019, for all participating States and the second phase, will be from October 1 to November 30, 2019, for States with a retreating monsoon.The 5 key intervention areas under the campaign include water conservation and rainwater harvesting, renovation of traditional and other water bodies, reuse, bore well recharge structures, watershed development, and intensive afforestation.
- Which country has officially resumed commercial whaling for the first time in more than three decades?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Japan
On July 1, 2019, Japan officially resumed commercial whaling for the first time in more than three decades after Tokyo’s controversial decision to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC).With this, Japan joined Iceland and Norway as the only nations to allow commercial whaling despite the IWC moratorium. The last commercial hunt of Japan was in the year 1986.
- What is the full form of NIIF ?
1) NIIF – National Interest on Infrastructure Fund
2) NIIF – National Infrastructure and Investment Fund
3) NIIF – National Interest on Investment Fund
4) NIIF – N ational Investment and Infrastructure Fund
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) NIIF – National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
The full form of NIIF is National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
- Name the public sector bank which has signed MoU with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) to provide financing solutions to the infrastructure sector.
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
3) Canara Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) State Bank of India (SBI)
On July 1, 2019, India’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI) and India’s sovereign wealth fund, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) have signed an MoU(Memorandum of Understanding) to provide financing solutions to the infrastructure sector.Scope: The tie-up will help in equity investments, project funding, bond financing, renewable energy support and take-out finance for operating assets. Concerns related to the availability of equity and long-term debt funding options to large scale projects thereby stimulating infrastructure development will be addressed.
- Who was awarded with an honorary doctorate from IIT Kanpur (Indian Institutes of Technology) on the occasion of their 52nd convocation?
1) Parupalli Kashyap
2) Pullela Gopichand
3) P. V. Sindhu
4) Srikanth Kidambi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pullela Gopichand
On June 28, 2019, IIT Kanpur (Indian Institutes of Technology) awarded an honorary doctorate to Pullela Gopichand, Chief National Coach for the Indian Badminton team in recognition of his services to sports on the occasion of their 52nd convocation. The honor was bestowed on Gopichand by Prof K Radhakrishnan, former chairman of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) and Chairman of Board of Governors of IIT Kanpur.Infosys Chairperson Sudha Murthy and missile woman Tessy Thomas were other two to receive this honor.
- Name the British journalist, who was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award in recognization of his contributions to the UK-India relationship in 2019 UK-India Awards .
1) Laura Kuenssberg
2) Boris Johnson
3) Sir Mark Tully
4) Roy Greenslade
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sir Mark Tull
Veteran British journalist Sir Mark Tully was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in recognization of his contributions to the UK-India relationship. The annual UK-India Awards honours special talents and organisations who use their worldwide influence to strengthen UK-India ties. The 2019 UK-India Awards marked the conclusion of the annual UK-India Week in London. This was the 3rd edition of the UK-India Award organised by India Inc., a media house based in London.
- Which bank won the Finance Organisation of the Year during the 3rd edition of the UK-India Awards ?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Bank of India
3) State Bank of India
4) AXIS Bank Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) AXIS Bank Limited
2019 UK-India Awards marked the conclusion of the annual UK-India Week in London. This was the 3rd edition of the UK-India Award organised by India Inc., a media house based in London.
Category Winner Social Impact British Telecom (BT) Market Entrant of the Year Oyo Global Indian Icon of the Year Kunal Nayyar Special Significant Contribution to UK-India Relations Lord Karan Bilimoria Start-up of the Year Maanch Fund of the Year SoftBank Investment Advisers Law Firm of the Year UK’s Baker McKenzie Trade and Investment Promotion Agency of the Year Manchester India Partnership Deal of the Year EverSource Capital/ Lightsource BP Finance Organisation of the Year AXIS Bank Limited
- Name the first civil servant & IPS Officer, who conquered the ‘Seven Summits’ challenge in her 3rd attempt ?
1) Aparna Kumar
2) Archana Ramasundaram
3) Meera Borwankar
4) Vimla Mehra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aparna Kumar
Uttar Pradesh cadre IPS officer and DIG (Deputy Inspector General of Police) in Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Aparna Kumar has scaled Mount Denali (the highest peak in Northern America stands at 20,310 feet) in Alaska, USA (United States of America). She is the first civil servant and IPS (Indian Police Service) officer to achieve the feat of completing ‘7 Summits’ challenge.This was her seventh Summit in her mission of ‘Seven Summits’ Challenge and scaled the summit in her 3rd attempt.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the public sector bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) ?
1) Ajay Kumar Srivastava
2) Karnam Sekar
3) T.C.A. Ranganathan
4) K. Swaminathan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Karnam Sekar
On July 1, 2019, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), a public sector bank based in Chennai has appointed Karnam Sekar as its new Managing Director (MD)and Chief Executive Officer(CEO). He replaces R Subramaniakumar. Prior to this appointment, he was MD & CEO of Dena Bank.He was on Special Duty and Whole Time Director of IOB since April 2019.He had also served State Bank of India as Deputy Managing Director and Chief Credit Officer.He also headed SBI as Manager-Treasury in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Name the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), whose tenure was extended for one more year .
1) Viral Acharya
2) M K Jain
3) B P Kanungo
4) N S Vishwanathan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) N S Vishwanathan
N S Vishwanathan was re-appointed as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for one more year with effect from July 4, 2019. He is in charge of regulation of banks, non-banking finance companies, and cooperative banks.Besides N S Vishwanathan, B P Kanungo and M K Jain were the two other deputy governors of RBI.He is also a member of the Bimal Jalan committee which looks into the appropriate economic capital framework for RBI.
- Name the technology used in Indian railways for detecting obstructions on tracks during fog .
1) ESC (Electronic stability control)
2) DADSS (Driver Assistance Detection System for Safety)
3) TRI-NETRA (Terrain Imaging for Drivers Infrared, Enhanced, Optical & Radar Assisted)
4) VPLM (Vehicle position in line monitoring (video, laser or infrared sensors))
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) TRI-NETRA (Terrain Imaging for Drivers Infrared, Enhanced, Optical & Radar Assisted)
On June 29,2019, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal stated that In order to reduce accidents, Indian Railways is conducting extensive trials of modern technology TRI-NETRA (Terrain Imaging for Drivers Infrared, Enhanced, Optical & Radar Assisted) for detecting obstructions on tracks during fog.It will assist Loco pilots to identify obstructions on tracks by using Infrared Camera, Optical Camera and Radar assisted imaging system(Tri-Netra). It will help in reducing the accidents and help to maintain a high speed of the train.
- Which telescope of National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) has discovered its Smallest Planet ever, named as L 98-59b ?
1) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
2) Kepler space telescope(KST)
3) James Webb Space Telescope(JWST)
4) Spitzer Space Telescope(SST)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
The United States(US) space agency, NASA’s(National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has discovered a new planet called L 98-59b. It is roughly around 80 percent the size of Earth. It orbits L 98-59 star, which is about one-third the mass of Sun and lies about 35 light-years away. The planet, called L 98-59b, marks the tiniest discovered by TESS to date.Two other exoplanets were also discovered orbiting the L 98-59 known as L 98-59c and L 98-59d.The discovery was published in The Astronomical Journal.TESS: It is a space telescope cost $200 million launched as part of NASA’s Explorers program. It is aimed at searching for exoplanets using the transit method in an area 400 times larger than that covered by its predecessor Kepler mission.
- Name the flying multi rover vehicle, which will be send to Saturn’s moon Titan to search for origins & signs of life.
1) Beagle 2
3) Viking 1
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dragonfly
America’s space agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has planned to send a flying multi rover vehicle, ’Dragonfly’ to Saturn’s moon Titan to search for signs of life.It will be launched in 2026 and set to land on Saturn’s largest moon in 2034. The outlay of the mission was $850 million.It is the part of the NASA’s New Frontiers program, which includes Pluto probe New Horizons, Jupiter probe Juno and OSIRIS-Rex asteroid mission.Mission: It will be launched with the aim of collecting samples, examining sites around Titan and looking for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth.
- Which telescope was used by researchers for discovering the source of FRB 180924, a mysterious powerful pulse of cosmic energy known as Fast Radio Burst (FRB) ?
1) Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescope(MOST)
2) Australia Telescope Compact Array Pathfinder (ATCAP)
3) Atacama Large Millimeter Array Pathfinder (ALMAP)
4) Australian Square Kilometer Array Pathfinder (ASKAP)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Australian Square Kilometer Array Pathfinder (ASKAP) radio telescope
For the first time, an international team of researchers has discovered the source of FRB 180924, a mysterious powerful pulse of cosmic energy known as Fast Radio Burst (FRB), which lasted for just a fraction of a second. The discovery has been made by using the Australian Square Kilometer Array Pathfinder (ASKAP) radio telescope in Western Australia.It is said to be originated in the outskirts of Milky Way-sized galaxy roughly 3.6 billion light-years from Earth.The first FRB (FRB 121102) was discovered in 2007 and so far over 80 have been detected.The findings published in AAAS journal Science. The lead author of the study was Keith Bannister.
- Name the India Scientist, who has been selected by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) for its PUNCH(Polarimeter to Unify the Corona and Heliosphere) mission.
1) Anurag Kumar
2) Ramarathnam Narasimhan
3) Dipankar Banerjee
4) Atul Chokshi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dipankar Banerjee
Dipankar Banerjee, a solar physicist from Indian Institute of Astrophysics has been selected by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) for its PUNCH mission. Prof. Banerjee is also the co-Chair of India’s Science Working Group, as India is planning to send up its own satellite Aditya-L1, a mission to study the Sun’s corona.Dipankar Banerjee will study the acceleration of the solar wind. He will focus on the polar regions of the Sun.The team will also observe the Sun using joint observations from PUNCH and Indian mission Aditya. PUNCH is an acronym for “Polarimeter to Unify the Corona and Heliosphere“, which will image the Sun.
- Which Indian state is set to host 21st Commonwealth Championship for the year 2019 ?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Odisha
On July 1, 2019, The Department of Sports and Youth Service of the Odisha government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) and Odisha State Table Tennis Association (OSTTA) to host the 21st Commonwealth Championship for the year 2019. It will be held from July 17-22, 2019 at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha.
- Where was the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucia Masters 2019 held recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Spain
At the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucia Masters for 2019 hosted by Sergio Garcia Foundation which was held at Real Club Valderrama, Spain.
- Gaganjeet Bhullar is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Golf
He was associated with golf. At the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucia Masters for 2019 hosted by Sergio Garcia Foundation which was held at Real Club Valderrama, Spain, Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar finished at the 13th spot. Another Indian, Shiv Kapur finished at the 56th spot. i. South African Christiaan Bezuidenhout won his first European Tour title. He won by six strokes. He was awarded the prize money of €500,000. The total prize money of the tournament was €3,000,000.He has been followed by Adrià Arnaus and Eduardo De La Riva of Spain.
- Which country’s former president, Momir Bulatovic passed away recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Montenegro
Momir Bulatovic, who served as the President of Montenegro during the turbulent breakup of the former Yugoslavia died at the age of 62 in Raći, Montenegro. He was born in Belgrade, PR Serbia, FPR Yugoslavia.He served as Montenegro’s President from 1990 until 1998. He was an ally of then-Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic.He also served as the Prime Minister of Yugoslavia from 1998 until 2000.He is the founder of Montenegro’s ruling Democratic Party of Socialists along with the country’s long-serving leader, Milo Djukanovic. But they split when Djukanovic turned away from Milosevic to eventually lead Montenegro to independence in 2006.
- Rakesh Shukla passed away recently he was a ___________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricketer
Former leg-spinner of India, Rakesh Shukla passed away in Delhi at the age of 71. He had represented Delhi and Bihar in First-Class cricket and earned his Test cap against Sri Lanka in 1982. He hailed from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. He played 121 first-class matches, claimed 295 wickets and aggregated 3798 runs.He made his debut in 1969 and retired in the 1985-86 season.
- Name the founder of Working Women’s Forum (WWF) & Padma Shri awardee, who passed away recently.
1) Kuljeet Randhawa
2) Sonika Chauhan
3) Jiah Khan
4) Dr. Jaya Arunachalam
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dr. Jaya Arunachalam
On June 29, 2019, Working Women’s Forum (WWF) founder Dr. Jaya Arunachalam, aged 87, passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu after a brief illness. She hailed from Tamil Nadu. She was the president of the National Union of Working Women, in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, Vice President of Tamil Nadu Congress Committee (TNCC) and member of the All India Congress Committee. She was the first South Asian woman member to be elected to the Governing Council of the Society for International Development, Rome. She was also a member of the Inter-ministerial Conference on Women and Children to the Philippines in the year 1994.
- Who launched the book titled ‘Whispers of Time’ written by Dr. Krishna Saksena in India International Centre, New Delhi ?
1) Smriti Zubin Irani
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Smriti Zubin Irani
On July 1, 2019, Minister of Textiles and Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani launched new book ‘Whispers of Time’ written by Dr. Krishna Saksena (91) at India International Centre in New Delhi.The book was published by Prabhat Prakashan. I is the ninth book of Saksena, and it talks about her experiences and observations in her long life of ninety years.Saksena, a professor at Delhi University, the first woman candidate from Uttar Pradesh to get a Ph.D. degree in English Literature in 1955.
- World Sports Journalists Day is observed annually on __________ .
1) June 30
2) July 2
3) July 1
4) June 29
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) July 2
World Sports Journalists Day was observed on July 2, 2019. It is celebrated to mark the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports.It was established by the International Sports and Press Association (AIPS- Association Internationale de la Presse Sportive) in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of its foundation which was founded on July 2, 1924, during the Summer Olympics in Paris.Sports journalists from all over the world are united by the AIPS. In India, the sports federation is named as Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI), that was set up on February 27, 1976.
- On which date, World UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) day is observed ?
1) June 30
2) July 1
3) July 2
4) June 29
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) July 2
On July 2, 2019, World UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) day was observed all over the world. It is celebrated to increase awareness among people about the existence of UFO. The first World UFO Day was celebrated in 2001.Earlier, the day was celebrated on June 24, the date on which aviator Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine unusual objects flying over the state of Washington but WUFODO (World UFO day Organization) declared July 2 as the world UFO day to celebrate it on a larger scale.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary was located in which state ?Answer – Uttar Pradesh
- What is the tagline of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) ?Answer – Good people to grow with
- What is the Capital and Currency of United Kingdom ?Answer – Capital – London & Currency – Pound sterling
- Who is the CEO of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) ?Answer – Sujoy Bose
- When was the Ministry of Jal Shakti founded ?Answer – 31 May 2019
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification