AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Cabinet gives in-principle approval for setting up new port Vadhavan (Feb 2020) at a cost of Rs. 65,544.54 crores in which Indian state?
5) West Bengal
The cabinet has given its ‘in-principle’ approval for setting up a Major Port at Vadhavan near Dahanu in Maharashtra at a cost of Rs. 65,544.54 crores. The port will be developed on “land lord model”.
- The Cabinet has approved to provide Institution of national important status for which among the following Institutions in Feb 2020?
1) IIIT Surat
2) IIIT Bhopal
3) IIIT Agartala
4) IIIT Raichur
5) All the above
Answer-5) All the above
The cabinet has approved introduction of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020 the bill has provision to provide the Five IIITs in Public-private partnership (PPP) as institution of national importance to Surat (Gujarat), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Bhagalpur (Bihar), Agartala (Tripura) and Raichur (Karnataka) will now be able to use the nomenclature of Bachelor of Technology, BTech or Master of Technology or PhD degree.
- The Central government has relaxed the rule (The airline need to have minimum 20 aircraft to operate internationally) to Alliance Air in operating flights between India and _____?
2) Sri Lanka
Answer-2) Sri Lanka
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister (PM) Shri Narendra Modi, has approved exemptions in Air India’s subsidiary- Alliance Air for the operation of international flights between India & Sri Lanka with prior effect by waiving the rule that an airline needs to have minimum 20 aircraft to operate internationally.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a 15-member trust named ‘Sri Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra trust’ to construct ram temple in Ayodhya. The Ayodhya is located in which Indian state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced in Parliament about the formation of a trust to oversee the construction of a Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. In this regard, 67.703 acres of land near the temple area has been allocated to the trust.
- With which country India has signed 1st ever term contract for importing 2 Million Metric Tonnes of Urals grade crude oil to India for the year 2020?
The union cabinet Minister for the Ministry of Petroleum and natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan signed the 1st ever term contract with Mr. Igor Sechin, Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) and Chairman of Rosneft (Russia’s largest oil producing Company). The term contract is between State-Owned Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Rosneft for Importing 2 Million Metric Tonnes of Urals grade crude oil to India for the year 2020.
- Along with Which Institute/Organization the Sports Authority of India (SAI) to establish 7 high performance centers across the country to train the young players to participate in 2024 and 2028 Olympics?
1) Hockey India
2) Ministry of youth affairs and sports
3) Athletics Federation of India
4) Archery Association of India
5) Special Olympics Bharat
Answer-1) Hockey India
Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India announced the establishment of the High Performance Centers in 7 places across the country, for the young hockey players (14 to 24 years of age) to participate in 2024 and 2028 Olympic games
- According to the Government’s response to an RTI query, the number of a beneficiary in urban areas for every 100 Anganwadi beneficiaries is/are (Feb 2020)?
According to the government’s response to a Right to Information (RTI) query has revealed that for every 100 anganwadi (or day-care Centre) beneficiaries in India, only 7 belong to urban areas. This shows poor coverage by the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) in urban areas implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD). Anganwadi beneficiaries include children from 0-6 years of age, pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- According to a study conducted by National Productivity Council (NPC), the use of chemical fertilizers has reduced by ____% due to soil health card scheme, whereas the productivity increased by 5-6%?
According to a study conducted by the National Productivity Council (NPC), a national level organization to promote productivity culture in India, the impact of Soil Health Card recommendations has led to a decrement of 8 – 10 % in use of chemical fertilizers as well as increased the productivity by 5 – 6%.
- Ministry of Food processing industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned to 39 mega food parks and 298 Integrated cold chain projects to fill gaps across value chain and establish cold chain grid. Under which scheme the food park and cold chain projects sanctioned?
1) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
2) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
3) Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
4) National Agriculture Market (e-NAM)
5) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)
Answer-1) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned 39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects in India inorder to fill the gaps across value chain and also to establish Cold Chain Grid. The foodparks and the cold chain projects have been sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY).
- Who has been announced as Ambassador for British Asian Trust by British prince Charles while unveiling the Children’s protection fund for India (Feb 2020)?
1) Lilly Singh
2) Katy Perry
3) Hima Das
4) Millie Bobby Brown
5) Isha Guha
Answer-2) Katy Perry
Britain’s Prince Charles unveiled a new Children’s protection fund for India as part of British Asian Trust and announced Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (Katy Perry), American singer as the new ambassador for the British Asian Trust Children’s Protection Fund for India during a function at Banqueting House in London, England.
- Which group of countries has announced to work with United Nation (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and Republic of China to tackle the outbreak of novel coronavirus (nCoV) (Feb 2020)?
On February 04, 2020 the G7(Group of 7) countries has announced to work with the World Health Organisation(WHO), the European Union (EU) and People’s Republic of China, in order to tackle the recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus(nCoV).
- As per Finance Ministry, the number of bank accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) till January 2020 is/are?
1) 27 Crore
2) 31 Crore
3) 36 Crore
4) 38 Crore
5) 41 Crore
Answer-4) 38 Crore
According to the Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Singh Thakur, bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) have registered around 38 crores till January 2020. Around 31 crore accounts are operative out of total 38 crores accounts & the number of these accounts has increased every year since the launch of the scheme.
- The current Reverse Repo rate is (Feb 2020)?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Rates for 2020-21 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. All members of the MPC unanimously voted to keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15% to continue other rates are, Reverse repo – 4.90, Bank rate – 5.40%, Marginal standing Facility (MSF) – 5.40%.
- To protect consumers and cost related to digital payments, Reserve Bank of India has decided to create Self Regulatory Organization (SRO) by?
1) March 2020
2) April 2020
3) June 2020
4) December 2020
5) March 2021
Answer-2) April 2020
The Reserve Bank has proposed to create a Self Regulatory Organization (SRO) by April 2020 to protect customers and costs related to digital payments. The SRO will work as a 2-way communication channel between the players and the regulator/supervisor.
- The Reserve Bank has announced the creation of DPI to assess and capture the extent of digitalization of payments in better manner. The “P” in DPI denotes?
The Reserve Bank has announced the creation of Digital Payments Index (DPI) to assess and capture the extent of digitalization of payments in better manner. The DPI, based on multiple parameters, will be made available after July 2020.
- To ensure better monetary transmission, Reserve Bank of India has decided to conduct 1 year and 3 year repos worth _____ from fortnight beginning midnight of February 15, 2020?
1) 1 Lakh
2) 2 Lakh
3) 5 Lakh
4) 10 Lakh
5) 15 Lakh
Answer-1) 1 Lakh
As per the RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, RBI’s decision to conduct new one-year and three-year repos worth Rs 1 lakh crore from the fortnight beginning on February 15,2020 is aimed to ensure better monetary policy transmission that in turn will enable banks to reduce their lending rates.
- As per Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) conducted by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (M0SPI) the rate of labour force participation is 36.9 % and the unemployment rate in India in 2017-18 was ____%?
As per the new Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) being conducted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MosPI), the labour force participation is 36.9 % and the rate of unemployment for 2017-18 is 6.1%.
- According to Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the estimated Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate for Financial Year 21 (FY21) is?
The Reserve Bank has projected GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast for Fiscal Year-FY21 to 6%. It was 5% in FY20. In the Economic Survey presented on 31 January,2020 the GDP growth rate in 2020-21 has been estimated to be 6 – 6.5 %.
- The American economist Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg recently (Feb 2020) resigns her post ‘Chief Economist’. She held the post in?
1) World Bank (WB)
2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
5) New Development Bank (NDB)
Answer-1) World Bank (WB)
American Greek economist and Chief Economist of the World Bank(WB) Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg (57-years) announced her resignation. She will step down from her post on March 1, 2020 and will be teaching at Yale University in Connecticut, United States(US). WB research director Aart Kraay will be the interim WB chief economist until the appointment of a new permanent chief economist.
- Jeff Weiner appointed as Executive chairman of Which business and employment oriented service company (Feb 2020)?
Jeff Weiner became the Executive Chairman (EC) of Linkedin. He was the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Linkedin for the past 11 years. Linkedin is the professional networking company owned by Microsoft.
- Who has been appointed as ambassador of JSW Steel for 3years (Feb 2020)?
1) Rahul Dravid
2) Sourav Ganguly
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Rishabh Pant
5) Manish Pandey
Answer-4) Rishabh Pant
On February 05, 2020 steel producer of India, JSW steel has appointed Indian cricketer Rishabh Rajendra Pant as its brand ambassador. His contract term will be for a period of 3 years and will promote JSW steel products such as SW Colouron+ color coated sheets & JSW Neosteel TMT bars etc.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Thackeray presented a life time achievement award to Dinkar Keshav Raikar. Mr. Raikar is a __________?
4) Freedom fighter
Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Bal Thackeray presented an award to senior journalist Dinkar Keshav Raikar for his contribution to journalism at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Raikar was given the lifetime achievement award instituted by the Mantralaya & Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh. Raikar is a consulting editor of Lokmat Group and completed 50 years in journalism.
- As per Celebrity brand evaluation report 2019 released by Duff & Phelps, who has retained the top position for 3rd consecutive year with value of $237.5 million in 2019?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Shahrukh Khan
3) Virat Kohli
4) Deepika Padukone
5) Ranveer Singh
Answer-3) Virat Kohli
Duff & Phelps published the celebrity brand evaluation report for 2019. Indian Captain Virat Kohli has retained the top position for the third consecutive time. Kohli’s brand value has gone up to $237.5 million in 2019 with a jump of 39%. Bollywood Actor Akshay Kumar becomes the 2nd position with a brand value of $104.5 million.
- What is India’s Rank in the 8th edition of Intellectual Property Index named ‘Art of the Possible’ released by Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) (Feb 2020)?
In 2020 GIPC’s IP Index, India’s position has downgraded to 40th rank in comparison to 36th position out of 50 countries in 2019.
Among Asia, India is ranked 4th which is topped by Australia and followed by Brunei (2nd) and China (3rd).
Among Lower-middle-income economies, India is at 2nd position which is topped by Egypt.
- Which country has topped 2020 Global Innovation Policy Center’s (GIPC) Intellectual Property Index (8th edition)?
2) United States of America
Answer-2) United States of America
In 2020 GIPC’s IP Index, India’s position has downgraded to 40th rank in comparison to 36th position out of 50 countries in 2019. The index has been topped by the United States (US) followed by UK (United Kingdom), Sweden, France and Germany.
- Which Indian technological giant company acquires EI Technologies and Code zero consulting companies for cloud-based CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) & Billing Solutions (Feb 2020)?
1) Tata Consultancy Services
2) Cognizant Technology solutions
4) HCL Technologies
Answer-2) Cognizant Technology solutions
Cognizant technology solutions corporation has made two strategic acquisitions EI technologies, a Paris-based digital technology consulting company and Code Zero, Georgia-based consultancy for cloud-based CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) & Billing Solutions for the development of global salesforce practice before its fourth Quarter Earnings.
- The number of new Defence Attache posts created by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, to strengthen India’s defence diplomacy is (Feb 2020)?
The Union Minister of Defence (MoD) Shri Rajnath Singh has announced to create 10 more defence attaches (DA) posts to 10 different countries. This has been done to strengthen India’s defence diplomacy. The government has announced a new scheme to promote defence exports through these DAs. Funds have been allocated to promote exports to 34 countries.
- Indian navy to get third scorpene submarine by December 2020. Which among is the third Scorpene submarine?
1) INS Kalvari
2) INS Khanderi
3) INS Vagsheer
4) INS Karanj
5) INS Vagir
Answer-4) INS Karanj
Nicolas de La Villemarque, Vice President (VP) of India, Asia & Pacific of Naval Group reported that the 3rd Scorpene submarine, Karanj, will be delivered to the Indian Navy by Dec.2020 and all 6 sub-marine deliveries would be completed by 2022.
- Rakhi Halder belongs to which sports?
5) 3000m Steeplechase
Rakhi Halder of Bengal has bagged gold in the 64kg category of the 35th edition of Senior Women’s National Weightlifting Championships in Kolkata, ranked 19th in the Olympic qualifiers list, who had clinched the gold with a total lift of 214-kg at the Commonwealth Championship in June 2019.
- Krik Douglas who passed away recently (February) is a __________?
1) Pop singer
3) Hollywood Actor
4) Social Reformer
5) Law maker
Answer-3) Hollywood Actor
Issur Danielovitch Demsky named Kirk Douglas was born on December 9, 1916 in Amsterdam, New York, U.S. Kirk was an American actor, producer, director, and author passed away at 103 announced by his son Michael Douglas as a statement to People Magazine.
- The theme for International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) 2020 is “Unleashing Youth Power: One decade of accelerating actions for zero female genital mutilation”. The International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation celebrated every year on?
1) February 4
2) February 9
3) February 6
4) February 12
5) February 3
Answer-3) February 6
On February 6,2020 International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) was observed. It was observed since 2003, as part of the UN’s efforts to eradicate Female Genital Mutilation. The day spreads the awareness about FGM which is a violation of the human rights of girls and women. Theme: “Unleashing Youth Power: One decade of accelerating actions for zero female genital mutilation”. The theme focus on mobilizing youth to eradicate harmful practices against women including FGM and to end FGM by 2030.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- In which year India targets to achieve 100GW solar power?
Government has set a target for installation of 100 GW solar by December 2022.
- Where is Jawaharlal Nehru Port trust located at?
- The constituency of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is?
Answer-Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Where is the headquarters of World Intellectual Property organization (WIPO) located at?
- Who is the chief of the Navy staff in India?
Answer-Admiral Karambir Singh
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]