AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Indian Navy Ship joined with Sri Lanka to carry out Joint Hydrographic Survey off the South West Coast of Sri Lanka?
1) INS Shivalik
2) INS Vikramaditya
3) INS Sahyadri
4) INS Jamuna
5) INS Kamorta
Answer-4) INS Jamuna
Indian Navy’s Sandhayak class Hydrographic Survey Ship, INS (Indian Naval Ship) Jamuna (J16) arrived Colombo, Sri Lanka to carry out Joint Hydrographic Survey off the South West Coast of Sri Lanka. The ship commanded by Captain HA Hardas has been deployed to Sri Lanka based on a mutual agreement.
- The 2-day BIMSTEC ‘Conference on Combating Drug Trafficking organized by Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) was held at which Indian State/UT?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the two-day long BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) ‘Conference on Combating Drug Trafficking’, in New Delhi. It was organized by Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Union External Affairs Ministry has announced renaming of two institutions Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra and The Foreign Service Institute. The Institutions will be named after which former Indian Minister?
1) Arun Jaitley
2) Sushma Swaraj
3) Ananth Kumar
4) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
5) Gopinath Munde
Answer-2) Sushma Swaraj
The Ministry of External Affairs, announced that two Institutions, The Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra and The Foregin Service Institute have been named after former Indian Diplomat Sushma Swaraj for her Invaluable contribution in Public Service. The announcement is being made on her 68th Birth Anniversary falling on February 14,2020.
- Which Indian Minster has attended the National workshop on e-office and launched the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) reforms in New Delhi?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nitin Gadkari
5) Rajnath Singh
Answer-1) Jitendra Singh
On February 12, 2020, Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space has attended the National Workshop on e-office held at Parvasi Bhartiya Kendra in Chankyapuri, New Delhi. He also launched the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) reforms, a 7.0 version aimed to reduce the grievance disposal time and improve the quality of grievance redressal.
- Which is India’s 1st railway station to add 5-star hotel on the tracks built by famous hotel chain Leela group which will be completed by December 2020?
1) The Howrah Railway Station
2) Vijayawada Railway Station
3) Charbagh Railway Station
4) Ghum Railway Station
5) Gandhinagar railway station
Answer-5) Gandhinagar railway station
According to the Chairman of the Indian Railway Board, Sri Vinod Kumar Yadav, Indian Railways has planned to prepare 5- Star Hotel on the tracks in Gandhinagar railway station of Gujarat to give passengers the experience of world class facilities.This will be the first experiment in India. The hotel, being built by the famous hotel chain Leela Group, could be completed by December 2020.
- According to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Tuberculosis (TB) notifications to the Government since the launch of National Strategic Plan (2017-2025) the number of cases increased by _____ to 23.98 lakhs in 2019?
According to the Vikas Sheel,the Joint Secretary in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Tuberculosis (TB) notifications to the government has been increased to 38% , up from 17.36 lakhs in 2017 to 23.98 lakhs in 2019 Since the launch of the new National Strategic Plan (2017-25). The central Government planned to provide cash incentive to states, where, if a State reduces its TB incidence by 80 %, it will give ₹1 crore. Similarly, if the incidence reduces by 60 %, it will get ₹75 lakhs, while a 40 % reduction will attract a prize of ₹50 lakhs, and a 20 % reduction will see an infused additional funding of ₹25 lakhs.
- The Union Ministry of Shipping has announced ‘Arth Ganga’ project for a sustainable development model with a focus on economic activities along its Ganga bank. Who is the Union shipping minister?
1) Mansukh Mandaviya
2) Sadananda Gowda
3) Dharmendra Pradhan
4) Prahalad Singh Patel
5) Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer-1) Mansukh Mandaviya
According to Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping (Independent Charge), Chemical, and Fertilizers, ‘Arth Ganga’ project implies a sustainable development model with a focus on economic activities along its Ganga bank.
- Which Indian State Government has launched toll free helpline numbers for students to solve queries ahead of board exams 2020?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Government launched toll-free helpline numbers to solve the queries of students ahead of the Board Examinations. The toll-free helpline number was launched by Dinesh Sharma, Deputy Chief Minister of UP, who holds the education portfolio.
- Dang Thai Ngoc Thinh who had a 3-day (Feb 11-13,2020) visit to India is the Vice President of Which Nation?
5) South Korea
Vice-President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Mrs. Dang Thai Ngoc Thinh paid a 3-day (February 11-13, 2020) visit to India, during which she held bilateral delegation-level talks with Vice President of India, Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu. The Joint Inauguration of the launch of direct flights between India & Vietnam was held at New Delhi.
- Which Indian Private sector bank signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) department of government of Odisha to boost startups?
1) Yes Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-4) HDFC Bank
The Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Department of government of Odisha has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank Limited to provide smart banking solutions to Startups recognised by the Startup Odisha and will also extend incubation and acceleration support to all Startups, banking with them.
- Which Country has put imports from India under the methodology for countervailing duty (CVD) investigations (Feb 2020)?
3) United Kingdom
5) United States
Answer-5) United States
United States Trade Representative (USTR) has removed India, Brazil, Indonesia, Hong Kong, South Africa and Argentina from getting special preferences under the methodology for countervailing duty (CVD) investigations. It is a list of developing countries that are exempt from investigations into whether they harm American industry with unfairly subsidized exports.
- Which E-Commerce company to invest $1.6 Billion for setting up data centres in Hyderabad and Telangana (Feb 2020)?
1) Amazon Web Services
2) Brainbees Solutions
5) FSM Ecommerce ventures
Answer-1) Amazon Web Services
Amazon, E-commerce (electronic commerce) company and leader in cloud computing service with its Amazon Web Services (AWS), is setting up 2 data centers near Hyderabad, Telangana, with a total investment of Rs. 11,630 crores (around $ 1.6 billion). The data center aims for safe and secure storage, to manage and process customer data & information through cloud computing. In 2019, Amazon had opened an office in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, consisting of 15,000 employees. It was the 1st owned office building by American company Amazon outside the US (United States).
- As per Finance Minister of India, the nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP) value of the country in Financial Year 2020 (2019-2020) is _______?
1) $2 Trillion
2) $2.2 Trillion
3) $2.5 Trillion
4) $2.9 Trillion
5) $3.3 Trillion
Answer-4) $2.9 Trillion
Replying to discussions on Union Budget 2020-21 in Lok Sabha, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that will invest over one lakh crore rupees in infrastructure development by 2024-25 and the nominal GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the country has increased from two trillion dollars in 2014-15 to 2.9 trillion dollars by 2019-20.
- Name the person, who has been appointed as chairman of New Space India Limited (NSIL) on Feb 2020?
1) S. K. Mitra
2) A. S. Kiran Kumar
3) B. N. Suresh
4) G Narayanan
5) G. Madhavan Nair
Answer-4) G Narayanan
Veteran ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) space scientist G Narayanan has been named as the Chairman of NSIL (New Space India Limited), a Public Sector Unit (PSU) of Government of India.
- The Government of India has appointed Rajiv Bansal as new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of which Indian Public Sector company?
1) Airports Authority of India (AAI)
2) Air India
3) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
4) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
5) National Fertilizers[NFL]
Answer-2) Air India
Government of India appointed Rajiv Bansal as CMD (Chairman & Managing Director) of Air India. He was the successor of Ashwani Lohani, who didn’t agree to extend his 1-year contract, which expired on february 11, 2020.
- Suryakanth Mainak, the chairman of which credit rating agency resigned recently (Feb 2020)?
1) Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
2) Information and Credit Rating Agency Limited (ICRA)
3) Credit Analysis and Research limited (CARE)
4) India Rating and Research Pvt. Ltd.
5) Small and Medium Enterprises Rating Agency of India (SMERA)
Answer-3) Credit Analysis and Research limited (CARE)
Suryakanth Mainak, resigned as Chairman of CARE (Credit Analysis and Research Limited) ratings due to irregularities in the agency’s rating of bankrupt shadow-banking firm Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS).
- Who has won the Genome Valley Excellence Award of BioAsia 2020 along with American Neurologist and oncologist Dr. Carl H June?
1) Soumya Swaminathan
2) Don W Cleveland
3) MK Bhan
4) Anji Reddy
5) Vasant Narsimhan
Answer-5) Vasant Narsimhan
American immunologist and oncologist Dr. Carl H June and Novartis CEO Dr. Vasant Narsimhan will be presented with the Genome Valley Excellence Award of BioAsia 2020. The function will be organized by the Telangana government annual global biotechnology & life sciences forum on February (17 to 19, 2020).
- Name the Indian who has won the prestigious Dan David Prize 2020 under “Present Category”?
1) Shrinivas Kulkarni
2) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
3) A. B. Yehoshua
4) Christiana Figueres
5) Gita Sen
Answer-5) Gita Sen
Gita Sen, an Indian feminist scholar, activist has won the prestigious Dan David Prize 2020 under “present” category for her path-breaking work in the fields of population policies, reproductive and sexual health, women’s rights, poverty, labour markets and global governance.
Other Dan David Prize 2020 Laureates:
S.No Category Won by 1 Past (Cultural Preservation and Revival) Lonnie G. Bunch III (American educator and historian) 2 Past (Cultural Preservation and Revival) Prof.Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett (University Professor at New York University) 3 Present – Gender equality Prof. Debora Diniz Rodrigues (law professor at the University of Brasilia,Brazil) 4 Future -Artificial Intelligence Demis Hassabis (British artificial intelligence researcher & co-founder and CEO of DeepMind, the world’s leading AI research company.) 5 Future -Artificial Intelligence Prof. Amnon Shashua (Israeli computer scientist and CEO and co-founder of Mobileye, an Israeli company)
- The President of India has awarded the President colors award to which Indian Naval Station (Feb 2020)?
1) INS Parundu
2) INS Shivaji
3) INS Dega
4) INS Trata
5) INS Vajrakosh
Answer-2) INS Shivaji
Ramnath Kovind, President of India & Supreme Commander of IAF (Indian Armed Forces), awarded President’s colour (highest military honour) to INS (Indian Naval Station) Shivaji, Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- Name the person who has won the Indian Achievers Award 2020 for “Outstanding contribution to Indian Education”?
1) Mukesh Rishi
2) Shyam Jaju
3) Rajendra Indraman Singh
4) Bhaichung Bhutia
5) Anurag Singh Thakur
Answer-3) Rajendra Indraman Singh
Rajendra Indraman Singh, Founder & Chairperson of Priyadarshini Group of Schools & Colleges has been awarded the Indian Achievers Award (IAA) in recognition of his “Outstanding Contribution to Indian Education”.
- Sohini Sastri who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a ________?
1) Football player
5) Social Reformer
Kolkata-born renowned astrologer Dr Sohini Sastri awarded IAA as Best Astrologer of the year.
- Who is the 1st Indian Hockey Player to receive the International Hockey Federation(FIH) player of the year award in 2019?
1) Dilpreet Singh
2) Gursahibjit Singh
3) Ramandeep Singh
4) Manpreet Singh
5) Gurjant Singh
Answer-4) Manpreet Singh
Manpreet Singh Pawar (27), the captain of India men’s national field hockey team, has been selected as the FIH Men’s Player of the Year 2019 by the International Hockey Federation (FIH). With this he becomes the 1st Indian to receive this honor. At the same time, Netherlands women’s captain Eva de Goede (30) has been named as FIH Women’s Player of the Year 2019.
S.NO Award Name Won by 1 FIH Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year 2019 Vincent Vanasch (Belgium) 2 FIH Women’s Goalkeeper of the Year 2019 Rachael Lynch (Australia) 3 FIH Men’s Coach of the Year 2019 Colin Batch (Australia) 4 FIH Women’s Coach of the Year 2019 Alyson Regina Annan (Australia)
- The Union Home Ministry is going to establish the training centre for Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) officials regarding the enforcement of the drug rules at?
1) New Delhi
The Union Home Ministry will establish a training centre for NCB officials regarding enforcement of drug laws, at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Anti-Hijack Exercise was conducted by creating a mock situation to test the plans and procedures handled by various agencies during hijack threats using naval Dornier aircraft INS Dega held at which Indian City?
The Anti-hijack exercise was conducted on February 12,2020 by creating a mock situation using a naval Dornier aircraft by INS Dega, (a naval air station of the Indian navy) at Visakhapatnam Airport, Andhra Pradesh and the main objective of the exercise was to test the plans and procedures handled by various agencies during hijack threats.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) robot which is going to study mineralogy of Mars during Mars 2020 rover mission is ________?
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) is all set to send a new laser-toting robot named ‘SuperCam’ to Mars for studying mineralogy and chemistry from up to about 20 feet (7 meters) away, to help scientists in finding the signs of fossilized microbial life on the Red Planet i.e. Mars. SuperCam, a rock-vaporizing instrument is a part of seven instruments aboard the Mars 2020 rover.
- Scientist of Which Country has discovered newborn massive ‘Baby giant planet’ named “2MASS 1155-7919 b”?
3) United States
5) North Korea
Answer-3) United States
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), in Rochester, New York, US (United States) have detected the nearest-known ‘baby giant planet’ called 2MASS 1155-7919 b, just 330 light-years from Earth.
- Scientist of Which country has recently found 79-million-year-old fossils of new Thanatotheristes recently (Feb 2020)?
5) United States
The University of Calgary’s graduates Jared Voris and Darla Zelenitsky has discovered that the 79-million-year-old dinosaur fossils at Alberta, Canada in 2010 is belongs to a new species of Tyrannosaur named as Thanatotheristes degrootorum after John and Sandra De Groot found the fossil in 2010, which means “reaper of death”.
- The new mysterious virus found by Brazilian scientist in artificial lake Pampulha is ______?
4) Lujo virus
5) Melaka virus
Researchers have discovered an unusual and intriguing phenomenon Called Yaravirus in an artificial lake Pampulha in the Brazilian city of Belo Horizonte.The Yaravirus has genes (not described before) and “puzzling origin & phylogeny”,which is small in size and infects amoeba,named after Yara – or Iara, a water-queen figure in Brazilian mythology.
- Which Indian State/UT to host Khelo India Winter Games 2020 along with Ladakh in Feb – March 2020?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
4) West Bengal
Answer-1) Jammu & Kashmir
As a part of Khelo India programme, Union Territory of Ladakh will host the inaugural Khelo India Winter Games 2020 in the third week of February and Kongdori, Gulmarg of Jammu and Kashmir will host from March 7, 2020.
- Which Indian boxer ranked No.1 in International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Boxing Task Force rankings for Olympics Qualifiers 2020?
1) Mary Kom
2) Amit Panghal
3) Vijender Singh
4) Vikas Krishnan
5) Sarita Devi
Answer-2) Amit Panghal
A 24-year-old world championship silver medalist boxer Amit Panghal has ranked No.1 in 52kg weight category in International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Boxing Task Force rankings for Olympics Qualifiers with 420 points. Amit became the 1st Indian to claim a silver medal at the world championship, he also clinched gold medals at the 2018 commonwealth and Asian Games.
- Rajindra Kumar Pachauri (Noble Awardee) who passed away recently is a former director general of Which Indian institute?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
2) Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP)
3) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
4) World Wide Fund for Nature – India (WWF)
5) Indian Council for Forest Research Foundation (ICFRF)
Answer-3) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
Rajindra Kumar Pachauri, former Chairman and Director General of The Energy Resources Institute (TERI), passed away at the age of 79 in New Delhi, India due to cardiac ailments. achauri received the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Which Indian Navy Ship joined with Sri Lanka to carry out Joint Hydrographic Survey off the South West Coast of Sri Lanka?
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is world’s largest railway station located at?
Answer-Uttar Pradesh (Gorakhpur railway station)
Gorakhpur Junction railway station has the world’s longest railway platform with total length of 1,366.33 m (4,483 ft). Gorakhpur station is also among the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railways. Recently Indian Railways’ started a unique initiative! To increase the plantation and natural cover across the Indian Railways network, flowering pots have been installed over the hydrant pipe at the Gorakhpur railway station.
- Where is the world’s highest-altitude site in the world where scientists have obtained a climate record from an ice core?
Dasuopu — at 7,200 meters or 23,600 feet above sea level — is the highest-altitude site in the world where scientists have obtained a climate record from an ice core. Dasuopu is located on Shishapangma, one of the world’s 14 tallest mountains, which are all located in the Himalayas.
- Who is the president of International Hockey Federation?
Answer-Narinder Dhruv Batra
- Where is the headquarters of New Space India Limited (NSIL) located at?
- Who is the founder & CEO of Amazon?
Answer-Jeffrey Preston Bezos
- Where is the secretariat of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) located at?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]