Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which among the following tech-giants have collaborated with Ministry of Consumer Affairs to launch ‘Digitally Safe Consumer’ campaign for protecting the online interest of the consumers?
D.Amazon IndiaAnswer – B.Google
Google India in collaboration with Ministry of Consumer Affairs has announced a nationwide ‘Digitally Safe Consumer’ campaign on December 24, 2016. Aim: the main aim of the campaign is to raise awareness about online safety and protect the interest of the consumers against online fraud.
- India’s first 2G (Second Generation) ethanol bio-refinery is being set up by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in which of the given states?
D.PunjabAnswer – D.Punjab
The Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), a Central Government Public Sector Undertaking, is setting up India’s first 2G (Second Generation) ethanol bio-refinery at village Tarkhanwala in Bathinda, Punjab.
The purpose of the bio-refinery is to encourage production of Second Generation (2G) Ethanol from agricultural residues. The approximate investment of the project is estimated to be Rs 600 Crores.
- Good Governance Day is observed every year since 2014 on December 25th across India to honor which famous personality?
A.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
B.APJ Abdul Kalam
D.Rajiv GandhiAnswer – A.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Good Governance Day is a day of national importance in India observed annually on the twenty-fifth day of December, the birth anniversary of former-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. It is observed every year to honor Prime Minister Vajpayee by fostering awareness among the Indian people of accountability in government.
- Which player has been ranked as the top player in the Lord’s Cricket Ground 20 best players of 2016 list?
D.Ravichandran AshwinAnswer – C.Virat Kohli
Lord’s Cricket Ground has released its top 20 players for this calendar year. Indian test skipper Virat Kohli got the number 1 spot in the ranking owing to his marvelous performance in all format of the game. 4 Indians got place in the ranking. Apart from Virat the other 3 are off spinner Ravichandran Ashwin at 3rd spot, Ajinkya Rahane at 13th and Cheteshwar Pujara at 18th spot.
- International Cricket Council has recently granted approval to which of the following stadium to conduct International cricket matches?
A.Shaheed Bhagat Singh Stadium(SBSS), Punjab
B.Shaheed Vijay Singh Parthik(SVSP) Stadium, Greater Noida
C.Sri Alluri Seetarama Raju Stadium, Karanataka
D.Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Stadium, HaryanaAnswer – B.Shaheed Vijay Singh Parthik(SVSP) Stadium, Greater Noida
ICC has granted Shaheed Vijay Singh Parthik(SVSP) Sports Stadium in Greater Noida approval for conducting International cricket matches between full time member countries of the game. The approval came two weeks after officials from ICC and BCCI inspected the stadium.
- Name the Super Typhoon that made landfall on the eastern province of Philippines on Christmas Day.
D.Chan-HomAnswer – C.Nock-ten
Super Typhoon Nock-ten made landfall on the eastern province of Philippines on Christmas Day. Known in the Philippine as “Nina”, Nock-Ten hit the coast near Catanduanes island at 18:30 local time with wind speed up to 255km/h (158mph). But there are no reports of damage or casualties yet.
- 76-year-old Chetan Ramarao who recently died on December 23 due to prolonged illness was associated with which field?
D.DirectorAnswer – C.Actor
Veteran Kannada film actor Chetan Ramarao died on December 23, 2016, at a private hospital in Mysuru due to prolonged illness. The 76-year old actor had acted in more than 350 films in his career spanning almost five decades.
- Scientists from Canada have developed the first biological pacemaker, sinoatrial node (SAN) cardiomyocytes, using which human stem cells?
B.Theca lutein cells
D.Pluripotent cellsAnswer – D.Pluripotent cells
Scientists from the Mc Ewen Centre for Regenerative Medicine, at Toronto, Canada have developed the very first functional pacemaker cells using human stem cells. As per the findings published in the Nature Biotechnology, the scientists generated sinoatrial node (SAN) cardiomyocytes, the biological pacemaker from human pluripotent cells.
- Which of the following regulator has slashed the prices of essential drugs including HIV and Diabetes to make them affordable for general public?
A.AIIMS – All India Institute Of Medical Science
B.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
C.National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
D.Central Drugs Standard Control OrganizationAnswer – C.National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
To make essential drugs more affordable for the public, prices of over 50 essential drugs has been lowered by NPPA, leading to a price cut in the range of 5 per cent to 44 per cent. The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers has also fixed the retail prices of 29 formulations. The essential drugs for which the prices have been capped include those used for treatment of HIV infection, diabetes, anxiety disorders, bacterial infections, angina and acid reflux.
- The insurance regulator IRDAI has granted the final certificate of registration, R3, to how many reinsurers to open branch in India?
D.11Answer – C.5
The insurance regulator IRDAI has approved the R3 application and granted certificate of registration to five global reinsurers to opens shops in IndiA.The R3 is the final approval from the regulator to begin branch operations. The five global reinsurers that were granted final approval by the regulator are:US-based reinsurer Reinsurance Group of America (RGA),Munich Re from Germany, Hannover Germany, Swiss Re from Switzerland and French reinsurance major Scor.
- ICRA has forecasted India’s gross value added (GVA) growth likely to be at ___________ per cent in 2016-17.
D.7.1Answer – B.6.6
The domestic rating agency ICRA has forecasted India’s gross value added (GVA) growth to be at 6.6 per cent in 2016-17. This is because the economic activity would take more time to normalise due to the government’s move to demonetise high-value notes. The report said that the currency liquidity is likely to improve significantly by the end of January 2017, however, the economic activity may take longer to normalize.
- Which city has emerged as the most well-read city in India as per the ‘Annual Reading Trends Report for 2016’ conducted by Amazon.in?
D.DelhiAnswer – D.Delhi
As per a survey conducted by Amazon India the national capital, Delhi, has emerged as the most well-read city in India for the fourth consecutive year followed by Bengaluru and Mumbai taking the second and third spot, respectively. According to the ‘Annual Reading Trends Report for 2016’ conducted by Amazon.in, Karnal, Vadodara and Patna are first-time entrants in the Top 20 list having bought more books than cities like Coimbatore, Visakhapatnam and Lucknow in 2016.
- The union government has recently signed an agreement for new railway projects worth Rs 45,000 crore with which state?
D.PunjabAnswer – A.Maharashtra
The union government and Devendra Fadnavis lead Maharashtra government signed agreement for new railway projects worth Rs 45,000 crore in Maharashtra said by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. The ministry of railway is planning to increase the connectivity in Maharashtra with an outlay of Rs 22,000 crore.
- To accelerate works under AMRUT, Centre has decided to approve action plans for the next three years in one go rather than annual approvals. What does AMRUT stands for?
A.Atal Mission for Rural and Urban Transformation
B.Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
C.Atal Mission for Regional Urban Transformation
D.Atal Mission for Regeneration and Upper TransformationAnswer – B.Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
The Centre has decided to step down the usual practice of annually sanctioning the action plans under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) and has given a one go clearance for the scheduled plans for the remaining three years of the five-year scheme. AMRUT was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015. It focuses on ensuring water supply and improving the sewerage network and drainage systems in cities for urban transformation.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) launched a live customer service resolution platform, ‘Twitter Seva’, on December 23 to provide speedy resolution on which issue of the customers?
B.Grievances of entrepreneurs
C.Setting up Start-up
D.Queries related to Visa and passportAnswer – D.Queries related to Visa and passport
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on December 23 launched a live customer service resolution platform, ‘Twitter Seva’, to provide speedy resolution to visa and passport queries of the customers. The Seva service will be supported by 198 Twitter accounts of Missions and High Commissions across the world and 29 Regional Passport Offices (RPOs) in India and eight other handles such as @MEAIndia, @Indiandiplomacy and @MEAQuery. Both Indians and non-Indians can simply tweet with their query relevant to any of these handles which will go to the Twitter Seva platform.
- Name the famous co-artist, in the team that sketched the national emblem‘Lion Capital of Ashoka’, who die at the age of 89 in Indore on December 24?
D.Sapekshi BhargavaAnswer – C.Dinanath Bhargava
Dinanath Bhargava, a co-artist in the team that sketched the national emblem Lion Capital of Ashoka and decorated the pages of the Constitutions manuscript, died at the age of 89 in Indore on December 24, 2016. Bhargava was suffering from cardiac ailments since past decade.
- Name the Industrialist who has been voted by the Tata Motors shareholders to be removed as the Independent director of the company.
D.Vijay SinghAnswer – A.Nusli Wadia
Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company Tata Motors shareholders are voted to remove Industrialist Nusli Wadia as an Independent Director of the company at an extra-ordinary general meeting (EGM).Tata Sons board recently removed Cyrus Mistry and appointed Ratan Tata as the Interim Chairman
- The Consumer Affairs Ministry on December 24, 2016, launched a mobile App ‘Smart Consumer’ and an ‘Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC)’ to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances. Who is the Union Minister of Consumer Affairs?
Ram Vilas Paswan
Ashok Gajapathi Raju
Radha Mohan SinghAnswer – A. Ram Vilas Paswan
The Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launched a mobile App ‘Smart Consumer’ and an ‘Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC)’ to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances in New Delhi on the occasion of National Consumer Day on December 24, 2016.