Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How much amount has been approved by the cabinet for the annual Action Plan of Delhi for 2016-17 under AMRUT?
A.Rs. 223 crore
B.Rs. 266 crore
C.Rs. 289 crore
D.Rs. 250 crore
Answer – B.Rs 266 crore
The Ministry of Urban Development has approved the Annual Action Plan of Delhi for 2016-17 under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme. It has approved an investment of Rs 266 crore for improving water supply and sewerage networks. A similar Action Plan for 2015-16 of Delhi was approved earlier in January with an investment of Rs 223 crore. With this, the total investment approved for Delhi under AMRUT for improving basic urban infrastructure is Rs 489 crore.
- As per the report of Congressional Research Service (CRS), what is the overall position of India, in purchasing defence equipments during 2008-2015, among the developing countries?
Answer – A.Second
As per the report of ‘Conventional Arms Transfers to Developing Nations 2008-2015′ released by Congressional Research Service (CRS), India has emerged as the second largest purchaser of arms among developing nations after Saudi Arabia.According to the report, between 2008 and 2015, India purchased defence equipment worth $34 billion while in the same period, Saudi Arabia’s purchase was worth $93.5 billion.
- India’s first Caterpillar Train, an innovative concept that would fly over city’s traffic would be launched by which Indian state?
Answer – C.Haryana
Haryana Government has decided to set up a pilot corridor for an innovative concept of “Caterpillar Train” that will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city. The concept of Caterpillar Train, also known as C-Train, was co-developed by an Indian Railways engineer Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya along with Emil Jacob, both PhD scholars at MIT, for which they won a global award at the MIT in the United States earlier in 2016 for this innovative idea.
- Which state has proposed to set up a new Ministry for the welfare of Vimukta Jati and Nomadic Tribes (VJNT) OBCs and Special Backward classes?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
The State Government of Maharashtra on December 27, 2016, decided to create a new ministry for welfare of Vimukta Jati and Nomadic Tribes (VJNT) OBCs and Special Backward classes. The proposal to create the new ministry was approved by the cabinet which was presided over by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. The separate ministry would be headed by an independent minister.
- Which among the following state has recommended the Centre for suitable amendments to the Wildlife Protection Act for using the antlers for medicinal purposes?
Answer – C.Kerala
The Kerala State Board for Wildlife (SBWL) under chairmanship of CM Pinarayi Vijayan held a meeting on December 27 to decide over a proposal of using antlers of spotted deer and sambar for Ayurveda medicines. The State Government decided to approach the Union Government to get the proposal approved as it requires clearance by the National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) and Ministry of Environment and Forests. SBWL seeks to get the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 amended to get the permission for using the antlers for medicinal purposes.
- Where was the 24th National Children’s Science Congress organized?
Answer – D.Pune
The Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the 24th National Children’s Science Congress (NCSC) at Vidyapratisthan’s Institute of Information Technology in Baramati, Pune on December 27, 2016.The five-day congress was jointly organised by Vidya Pratishthan and Environmental Forum of India.It is organised every year.. The focal theme for 2016 NCSC is ‘Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development, with special emphasis on Accessibility for Persons with Disability.
- Which among the given NBFC received the final approval of RBI on December 27 to start operating as Small Finance Bank in India?
A.Rural Electricity Corp
C.Shriram transport Finance
Answer – B.Au Financiers
Jaipur-based Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC), Au Financiers (India), received final approval of the Reserve Bank of India on December 27 to start operations as Small Finance Bank in India.The company was among the 10 entities that received in-principle approval of RBI in September 2015 to set up small finance banks.
- India has signed a bilateral technical cooperation agreement with which country for green and sustainable construction of infrastructure?
Answer – C.Bhutan
India and Bhutan has signed an agreement for bilateral technical cooperation in infrastructure engineering. The MoU was signed between Central Public Works Department (CPWD), under India’s Ministry of Urban Development and the Department of Engineering Services, under Bhutan’s Ministry of Works and Human Settlements. Under the MoU, CPWD will assist Bhutan in green and sustainable construction of infrastructure in Thimpu.
- Recently December 27, 2016, which state laid the foundation stone of Film Television and Liberal Arts Institute?
Answer – A.Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav, laid the foundation stone for Film Television and Liberal Arts Institute on December 27 in Lucknow. A token amount of Rs 10 crore has been allotted by the state government for the institute and 14 acres has been allotted for the institute under Awadh Vihar Yojna near Lucknow Haat on Shaheed Path.
- In which of the given states, the Ministry of Human Resource Development is setting up a new Regional Institute of Education (NIE), the foundation stone of which was laid on December 27.
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh
The Ministry of Human Resource Development is setting up a new Regional Institute of Education (NIE) at Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. HRD Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar laid down the foundation stone on December 27 jointly with Shri. M. Venkaiah Naidu, the Union Urban Development Minister. The State Government has allotted 50 acres of land free of cost on the National Highway at Kanupuru Bit-II, near NH-16 Venkatachalm Mandal, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh for the institute.
- Social Networking Service Twitter has recently partnered with which bank to provide an advanced customer service in real time?
Answer – B.ICICI Bank
Social Networking Service Twitter and Mumbai based ICICI Bank announced a partnership to enable customers with direct online response to their queries and feedback in real-time. With this ICICI Bank become the first bank in India to implement the Twitter based customer serives @ICICIBank_Care.
- Name the tribal colony which has been declared as the India’s first fully digital and cashless colony on December 27, 2016?
Answer – C.Nedumkayam
The Nedumkayam tribal colony in Malappuram district of Kerala has become the first fully-digital tribal colony in the country. The district collector, Amit Meena on December 27 officially declared the colony as the first digital and cashless colony at a function held in the colony. In an attempt to go completely cashless, Malappuram district had launched a digital initiative to train the people of the village on digital transaction.
- Recently China started the operation of one of the world’s longest high speed train with a length of 2,252 km and 330 kmph speed.Name the train.
Answer – D.Shanghai-Kunming Line
China has started the operations of the longest east-west high-speed railway, which connects eastern coast to the less-developed southwestern part of the country. It is one of the world’s longest high-speed railways. The Shanghai-Kunming line is 2,252 km in length with the maximum speed of 330 kmph and traverses the five provinces of Zhejiang, Jiangxi, Hunan, Guizhou and Yunnan and cuts travel time from Shanghai to Kunming from 34 to 11 hours.
- Reserve Bank of India on December 28 gave an in-principle approval to which mobile wallet firm to set up a Bharat Bill Payments Operating Unit (BBPOU)?
Answer – A.MobiKwik
MobiKwik, a mobile wallet firm has received an in-principle approval from the RBI on December 28 to set up a Bharat Bill Payments Operating Unit (BBPOU). The company will now be integrated in Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), a bill payment system by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), to offer interoperable and accessible bill payment service to customers through a network of agents.
- Who has been appointed as the fourth deputy governor of RBI on December 28?
B.Viral V. Acharya
Answer – B.Viral V. Acharya
Government has appointed Viral V. Acharya, a professor of economics at New York University, as one of the Reserve Bank of India’s four deputy governors for a term of three years on December 28, 2016. The RBI had a vacancy for deputy governor after Urjit Patel was made RBI Governor to succeed Rajan with effect from September 4. The existing three Deputy Governors of RBI are S S Mundra, N S Vishwanathan and R Gandhi.
- Who has been elected as the president of India International Centre (IIC) on December 26, 2016?
A.Soli J Sorabjee
D.Mr. Georg Penz
Answer – A.Soli J Sorabjee
Former attorney general Soli J Sorabjee was elected president of the India International Centre (IIC) for a second consecutive term by the board of directors of IIC on December 26, 2016. Sorabjee has been working for IIC for the last two decades.He is well known to have given up cases in the Supreme Court and Delhi High Court to be able to devote time for IIC affairs.
- Name the American actress, best known for playing Princess Leia in Star Wars, who died in flight tour on December 27.
C.Adrienne Jo Barbeau
Answer – D.Carrie Fisher
Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60. She had recently been undertaking a book tour for her autobiography, “The Princess Diarist”, making headlines with her mischievous confessions about her youthful affair with Harrison Ford.
- BJP Leader Sunderlal Patwa, who died on December 28 in Bhopal at the age of 92 had served as the former Chief Minister of which state?
Answer – C.Madhya Pradesh
Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and two-times Madhya Pradesh chief minister Sunderlal Patwa passed away at Bansal Private Hospital in Bhopal on December 28 after suffering a severe heart attack. He was 92. He was appointed chief minister for a brief period of two months in the year 1980 and again from 1990 to 1992.
- Which Indian State will host the 2022 National Games?
Answer – D.Meghalaya
Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma handed over the documents to the Meghalaya State Olympic Association (MSOA) to begin the bidding process for hosting the National Games 2022.. Mr. Sangama also handed over a cheque of Rs 50 lakh on behalf of the state government and letters of support to the MSOA.. Only two states in North East have hosted the National Games, Manipur in 1999 and Assam in 2007
- China successfully launched two High-Resolution Remote Sensing Satellites on December 28, 2016 from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre to get high quality commercial images. Name the satellite.
Answer – C.SuperView-1 01/02
China successfully launched two High-Resolution Remote Sensing Satellites on December 28, 2016 from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in Shanxi Province to get commercial images. The satellites, SuperView-1 01/02, blasted off on Long March 2D rocket. They are able to provide commercial images at 0.5-meter resolution.