Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Sir Bradley Wiggins who announced his retirement on 27 December 2016 belongs to which sports?
D.ShootingAnswer – B.Cycling
Sir Bradley Wiggins a professional road and track racing cyclist has announced retirement from cycling on 27 December 2016. With this his 16 years of professional career in which he won Tour de France 2012 and total 8 Olympic medals came to an end.
- The Government of India has achieved its target of distributing _______ crore LPG connection to the BPL households in less than 8 months for the year 2016-2017 under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
D.5 CroreAnswer – A.1.5 Crore
According to data released by the Ministry for Petroleum & Natural Gas on December 29, 2016, Government has achieved its target of providing 1.5 crore free LPG connections under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to the BPL households in less than 8 months. The Government had made a provision of Rs 2,000 crore in the Budget for providing LPG connection free of cost to Rs. 1.5 crore poor BPL households in 2016-17.
- The Indian Railways on December 30 signed an MoU with which state to set up a Joint Venture for constructing at least 21 Railway Stations in the state?
D.Tamil NaduAnswer – C.Andhra Pradesh
The State Government of Andhra Pradesh signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Railways on December 30, 2016, for setting up a Joint Venture for taking up major Rail Projects in the state. Under the Joint Venture at least 21 railway stations would be built in the state. As a part of the occasion, the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu laid the foundation stone for the railway project Nadikudi-Srikalahasti line via Video conference. The Railway Minister also flagged off a new double-decker train, Tirupati-Visakhapatnam double decker AC express on the occasion.
- Recently the IAFs Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) which had been abandoned due to the 1962-India-China War, became operational on December 28, 2016. Where is ALG located?
D.Arunachal PradeshAnswer – D.Arunachal Pradesh
The Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) of IAF at Tuting, which had been abandoned after the 1962-India-China War, has once again become operational. The ALG at Tuting, a small town in the Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, was inaugurated by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu in the presence of Air Marshal C Hari Kumar, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Air Command (EAC) on December 28, 2016.
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the Government for the Tirupur Dyeing Industry to help it overcome from the financial crises?
A.Rs. 150 Crore
B.Rs. 200 Crore
C.Rs. 115 Crore
D.Rs. 100 CroreAnswer – B.Rs. 200 Crore
The Centre has sanctioned Rs. 200 crores to the Tirupur Dyeing Industry in Tamil Nadu on December 28, 2016, which was on the verge of closure due to severe financial crisis as a result of their huge investments in the first ever Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) projects in the country. The Ministry of Finance decided to grant Rs. 200 crore as an interest free loan to the state Government of Tamil Nadu on recommendation of the Ministry of Textiles for the 18 Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETPs).
- Where was the 27th meeting of the Southern Zonal Council held on December 28, 2016?
D.ThiruvananthapuramAnswer – D.Thiruvananthapuram
The 27th meeting of the Southern Zonal Council was chaired by the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh at Thiruvananthapuram on December 28, 2016. The conclusion of the meeting marks the end of the three Zonal Councils (Eastern, Western and Southern) meeting. The meetings of the remaining two Zonal Councils (Central and Northern) are also expected to be held soon with the next meet to be held in Karnataka.
- Name the committee which has recommended the Union Government to set up a Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC) to help the financial sector in managing the data efficiently.
A.Ajay Tyagi Committee
B.Amitabh Kant Committee
C.Ratan P Watal Committee
D.V Shanmuganthan CommitteeAnswer – A.Ajay Tyagi Committee
A Committee appointed by the Government has suggested the Union Government to set up a Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC) for managing the repository of financial regulatory data to ensure stability in the economy. The head of the Committee, Ajay Tyagi (additional secretary in finance ministry), submitted the report and a draft bill titled ‘The Financial Data Management Centre Bill 2016’ in this regard.
- The world’s highest Bridge Beipanjiang Bridge is situated in which country?
D.VietnamAnswer – C.China
The Beipanjiang Bridge of China is now open for public travel. The height of the bridge is 1,854 feet(565 metres) above the sea level. It overtook the Si Du River Bridge of Hubei to become the world’s highest bridge. The Beipanjiang Bridge connects the two mountainous provinces of Yunnan and Guizhou in China and has tremendously reduced the travel time between the two places.
- Which country has recently passed an Amnesty Bill for the rebels of the country as a part of a Peace Deal?
D.ColombiaAnswer – D.Colombia
The Colombia’s Congress headed by President Juan Manuel Santos, in an historical move, passed a law on December 28 to grant amnesty to FARC rebels as part of the country’s peace deal. The Senate passed the bill 69-0, after the House of Representatives approved it 121-0. The amnesty bill is part of the November 24 pact aimed at ending five decades of conflict. The measure grants special legal treatment, amnesty and pardon to members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) accused of political and related crimes. Under the deal, the FARC must demobilize and surrender their weapons within six months.
- The State Bank of India has signed an agreement with which real estate portal to make available the housing projects funded by SBI to the buyers on the portal?
D.magicfloor.comAnswer – C.magicbricks.com
State Bank of India and real estate portal magicbricks.com on 29 December 2016 entered into a tie-up. According to the tie-up the projects of those 500 real estate builders whose projects are approved and rated by State Bank of India, will be available for buyer on the portal of magicbricks.com. The buyers using the portal to buy these properties will get SBIs end-to-end online home loan-approval solutions.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 29 December 2016, signed two new unilateral advance pricing agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers. With this what is the total number of APAs entered into by CBDT with Indian Tax Payers?
D.53Answer – B.117
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed two new unilateral advance pricing agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers on 29 December 2016. With this the total number of APAs entered into by CBDT has increased two 117. This includes 110 unilateral APAs and 7 bilateral APAs.The two unilateral APAs signed on 29 December includes Information Technology and automobile sectors. In the current financial year a total of 53 APAs have been entered into by CBDT.
- The Union Government of India has set up the Financial Redressal Agency, to deal with the grievance of retail consumers, upon the recommendation of which commission?
A.Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC)
B.Financial Redressal Commission (FRC)
C Financial Sector Grievance Redressal Commission (FSGRC)
D Financial Grievance Redressal Agency (FGRA)Answer – A.Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC)
Central Government has invited the views of general public and stakeholders on the report on the Report of the Financial Redressal Agency latest by 31st January 2017. The concept of Financial Redressal Agency (FRA) was introduced in the Budget Speech of 2015-16 by Shri Arun Jaitley from the recommendations of the Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC) of 2013. The role defined for FRA is to address the grievances of retail consumers against all Financial Service Providers (FSPs).
- The per capita income of which State/UT has emerged as the highest for the year 2015-2016 according to a statistical report?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
As per a Statistical Handbook released by Deputy Chief Minister of New Delhi Manish Sisodia, New Delhi registered the highest increase in per capita income among all the states and Union territory of India.The per capita income of New Delhi is Rs 2,80,142 during 2015-16. The figure is approximately 3 times the national average per capita income for 2015-16 which stands at Rs 93,293 during 2015-16 as per the official statement. The second position was occupied by Chandigarh, with a per capita income of Rs 2,42,386 while Sikkim with per capita income of Rs 2,27,465 was on the third spot.
- Who is the Chairman of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
A.Shri N.L. Sarda
B.Shri Balachandran M
C.Shri A.P. Hota
D.Shri G. SivakumarAnswer – B.Shri Balachandran M
Shri Balachandran M, the Chairman of The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has informed that post demonetization, the usage of RuPay Card has been increased to over 2.1 million from 3 lakh per day, at the PoS terminals, which is seven times more since the announcement of the demonitization. The payment retail payment gateway is targeting a daily volume of 5 million transactions through RuPay cards by next December.
- Recently the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approved six investment proposals out of 17 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) proposals. What is the total investment cost of the proposal?
A.Rs. 1500 Crore
B.Rs. 1150 Crore
C.Rs. 2100 Crore
D.Rs. 1200 CroreAnswer – D.Rs. 1200 Crore
Inter-ministerial body Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approved six investment proposals out of 17 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) proposals. It includes Sanofi Synthelabo India, Star Den Media Services and Idea Cellular Infrastructure Services, envisaging foreign investment of Rs 1,200 crore.
- Which state’s incumbent Chief Minister has been suspended by his Party PPA?
D.New DelhiAnswer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
The five other MLAs are Zingnu Namchom (Namsai), Passang Dorjee Sona (Mechuka), Chow Tewa Mein (Chowkham), Jambey Tashi (Lumla)and Kamlung Mossang (Miao). PPA is all set to name Takam Pario, the richest MLA in Arunachal Pradesh with declared assets of Rs 187 crore, as the new chief minister.
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Romania?
D.Klaus IohannisAnswer – B.Sorin Grindeanu
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis has designated veteran leftist Sorin Grindeanu as the new Romanian head of government. The 43-year-old Grindeanu is a mathematician who has served as deputy mayor of the western city of Timisoara.
- Recently PM Modi launched a UPI based App BHIM at the Digi Dhan Mela event in Talkatora stadium in New Delhi. What is the full form of BHIM?
A.Best Host for Interface of Money
B.Bank House Investment Management
C.Bharat Interface for Money
D.Best Human in MotionAnswer – C.Bharat Interface for Money
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched UPI based mobile payment application called BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money). BHIM – a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) was launched at the Digi Dhan Mela event in Talkatora stadium in New Delhi.
- Name the 20th Fast Patrol Vessel, which the Cochin Shipyard has delivered to the Indian Coast Guard.
D.ICGS AYUSHAnswer – D.ICGS AYUSH
The Cochin Shipyard delivered ICGS AYUSH, the 20th Fast Patrol Vessel, to the Indian Coast Guard.With this, it has completed construction of 20 Fast Patrol Vessel series for the Coast Guard.ICGS Ayush will be operated from the Coast Guard Station at Krishnapatanam During the current financial year.
- Name the dairy cooperative company which has launched an updated version of the book India 3.0.
D.AmulAnswer – D.Amul
Gujarat based dairy cooperative company Amul launched the updated edition of ‘Amul’s India 3.0′ covering topical grounds and popular incidents from the contemporary context and the book takes on fifty years of India’s history. The book was unveiled by social commentator Santosh Desai, Amul’s Managing Director R.S. Sodhi, and journalists Indrajit Hazra, Rahul Da Cunha and Jai Arjun Singh. The book has written by Santosh Desai, Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Tharoor, Jug Suraiya, Indrajit Hazra, Jai Arjun Singh, Naresh Fernandes, Agnello Dias, Arnab Goswami and Karan Johar.