Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample insentence correction, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- I am not questioning the decision of the government. My main concerns are two: one is the_________of the institution of the chief and two, the kind of__________that are taking place, both among politicians and in the media, are uncalled for.
1) nonpartisan, debatable
2) highbrow, vexed
3) credibility , controversies
4) impervious, disputed
5) heartless, mootAnswer – 3)
Explanation : credibility , controversies
- A large comfortable room with a neat carpet, and enough space at the fringes, sofas, for the players to catch-up sleep as the game goes on 24×7 if there is a holiday at a_________for five to seven days.
5) stretchAnswer – 5)
Explanation : stretch
- The present_________has highlighted the difference between__________versus armoured corps.
2) controversy, infantry
5) nonchalant,Answer – 2)
Explanation : controversy, infantry
- Seniority is an important factor, no doubt about it. But we have selected up to eight army commanders on the basis of_________and merit through the system of five selection boards.
5) silentAnswer – 3)
Explanation : seniority
- Let’s start with a clear vision for the services and an impartial and non-parochial mind in terms of __________, arm, service or regiment, __________mindset because all wars have to be fought together and preferably have some tri-service organisational experience.
1) passionless, doughboys
2) ethnicity, collaborative
3) aloof, dogfaces
4) equitable, grunts
5) supercilious, shockAnswer – 2)
Explanation : ethnicity, collaborative
- The army chief should be able to explain the__________of military employment and institutional conduct.
5) beginningAnswer – 4)
Explanation : consequences
- The chief should also__________a___________to speak up, and when necessary, speak out especially in opposition to strategic flaws in policies.
1) dissemble, collaborate
2) enshroud, befriend
3) obscure, conspire
4) harbor, succor
5) demonstrate , willingnessAnswer – 5)
Explanation : demonstrate , willingness
- Since Indian cricket has been widely_________for disregarding the longest format, the Test record becomes more_________.
1) explored, substances
2) released, unsuitable
3) castigated , pertinent
4) cleared, inappropriate
5) exonerated, irrelevantAnswer – 3)
Explanation : castigated , pertinent
- This is a national security issue and all controversies have an_________impact not only on the personalities involved but also on the men of the three services.
5) advantageousAnswer – 4)
Explanation : adverse
- The venue can often be________by a line of fifteen to twenty luxury cars lined up in front of a wholesaler’s or jeweller’s bungalow, and a car driving in or out every thirty minutes, either__________pick extra packets of a brand of cigarettes, tobacco, or money.
1) reviled , on
2) considers, for
3) judged , to
4) played, with
5) cancelled, withinAnswer – 3)
Explanation : judged , to