Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON Bank EXAMS 2018 !!!
Directions(Q.1-10) In the given sentences a blank is given indicating that something is missing. From the given four options, (1), (2), (3), (4), a combination of words would fit the blank thereby making it grammatically and contextually correct. Select that option as the answer. If all the given combinations fit perfectly, then select ‘All fit’ as the answer.
- If India’s universities develop tomorrow’s technologies, it could provide cutting-edge and __________ technologies.
5. All fitAnswer –3. I,III
Frugal – cost saving,economical
- The noise of a dentist’s drill might awaken feelings of __________ and nervousness.
5. All fitAnswer – 2. I,III
Apprehension – anxiety or fear or uneasiness that something bad or unpleasant will happen.
- Political commitment to improving the quality of education backed by strong review and monitoring mechanisms can _________ meaningful activity in states.
5. All fitAnswer –4. II,IV
spur/prompt – give an incentive or encouragement.to make something happen
- Since its ________, the NITI Aayog has been a believer in competitive federalism that puts pressure on policymakers across states to perform better on pre-defined goals and metrics.
5. All fitAnswer –1. III,IV
Inception – the establishment or starting point of an institution or activity.
- All world religions ___________ Mahatma Gandhi’s idea of Ahimsa as the highest of ideals and give the message of tolerance.
5. All fitAnswer –3. I,IV
Propound – put forward (an idea or theory) for consideration by others.
- States need to ________ competition and give a boost to all key stakeholders in education in the driver’s seat to improve their learning levels.
5. All fitAnswer – 1. II,IV
Induce – bring about or give rise to.
- A healthy planet is public good and governments and people are __________ to use it well.
5. All fitAnswer –3. II,IV
Obligated – an act or course of action to which a person is morally or legally bound; a duty or commitment.
- Terrorism has no place in a civilised world and is contrary to all religious __________.
5. All fitAnswer – 4. II,III
Tenets – a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.
- In a business-as-usual scenario, the world will ________ its energy related resources in less than a fifty years to trigger a crisis it isn’t able to cope with.
5. All fitAnswer – 2. II,IV
Exhaust – use up (resources or reserves) completely.
- Despite alternative sources of energy flourishing, Oil, for the time being is not ________.
5. All fitAnswer – 1. I,III
Fungible – Able to be substituted for something of equal value or utility