Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs December 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Ministry launched the campaign Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan in New Delhi on December 1, 2016 directing all Higher Education Institutions to encourage people around them to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
A.Ministry of Human Resource Development
B.Ministry of Finance
C.Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
D.Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
Answer – A Ministry of Human Resource Development
Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched a campaign ‘Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan’ in New Delhi on December 1, 2016 through a Video Conference with all Higher Education Institutions at National Informatics Centre (NIC). The minister appealed to the faculty and students to join the campaign to encourage, create awareness and motivate all people around them to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
- Who has been appointed as the new king of Thailand, on December 1, 2016, 50 days after the death of ruling King Bhumibol Adulyadej?
Answer – C. Maha Vajiralongkorn
64 year old Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn has become the king of Thailand, on December 1, 2016, 50 days after the death of his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej. The new king, Bhumibol’s only son, will be called His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun, but as the 10th king of the 234-year-old Chakri dynasty, he can also be called King Maha X.
- With which banks, Indian Railways has asked help to install point of sale (POS) machines at the railway ticket counter to make daily transaction and cash management easier.
A.SBI, ICICI Bank
B.Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank
C.SBI, Yes Bank
D.Union Bank, HDFC Bank
Answer – A SBI, ICICI Bank
Indian Railways has taken steps to make railway travel bookings digital and asked the State Bank of India and ICICI Bank among others to provide around 15,000 point of sale (PoS) machines at reservation counters to make cash management easier.
- All India Football Federation (AIFF) won the AFC Developing Member Association of the Year Award at the Asian Football Confederation’s (AFC) Annual Awards held in Abu Dhabi on December 1, 2016. Who is the President of AIFF?
Answer -D Praful Patel
All India Football Federation (AIFF) has won the AFC Developing Member Association of the Year Award at the Asian Football Confederation’s (AFC) Annual Awards held in Abu Dhabi on December 1, 2016. AIFF President Praful Patel received the Award from AFC Vice-President Ali Kafashian at a glittering ceremony.
- Which village in Maharashtra has become the first “cashless village” in the state by making all payments through plastic money, following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s appeal for cashless transaction?
Answer -D Dhasai
Dhasai village in Thane district of Maharashtra has become the first “cashless village”in the state on December 2, 2016 following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s appeal for cashless transaction. All payments in the village are being done through plastic money. Traders, vegetable and fruit vendors and others providing goods and services in Dhasai are using swipe machines for cashless transactions.
- Which bank has tied up with Spice Digital for cash management services through the bank’s e-collection facility to help the outlets replenish its running limits on the spot for serving the customers hassle-free?
D.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer –B Federal Bank
Kochi based Federal Bank has tied up with Spice Digital for cash management services through the bank’s e-collection facility to help the outlets to get replenished its running limits on the spot enabling them to continue to serve the customers hassle-free.
- Who has been named as the Forbes Asia’s Businessman of the Year for 2016 ?
Answer – C Cheng Wei
Cheng Wei, Co-founder and Chief Executive of China’s largest ride-sharing service provider Didi Chuxing (Didi) is Forbes Asia’s Businessman of the Year for 2016. According to Forbes Asia, Didi has attracted 300 million users in 400 Chinese cities in just four years.
- Name the Managing Director (MD) and chief executive of the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) who recently resigned from the post owing to personal reasons.
Answer –A. Chitra Ramkrishna
Chitra Ramkrishna, Managing Director (MD) and chief executive of the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has resigned from her post, even as the country’s largest. The NSE board met on December 2, 2016 and accepted her resignation. The board has set up a selection committee to find a replacement for Ramkrishna and has appointed group president J Ravichandran as interim chief executive officer (CEO).
- Who has been named as the interim chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on December 3, 2016 ?
D.Vijay Shanker Tiwari
Answer –C. Rakesh Asthana
As the government failed to find any full-time chief for Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), investigating agency’s second-in-command Additional Director Rakesh Asthana will take charge as interim director,. He will replace Anil Sinha who retired from the post.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) for its anti-open defecation mission, a part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Campaign ?
Answer –A. Salman Khan
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has roped in superstar Salman Khan as the face of its anti-open defecation mission, a part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Campaign.
- Name the Former international hockey umpire and veteran administrator, who passed away on December 2, 2016 in Mumbai due to old age.
A.Phulel Singh Sujlana
B.Gurjeet Singh Selopal
D.Dilbar Singh Sandhu
Answer -A Phulel Singh Sujlana
Former international hockey umpire and veteran administrator, Phulel Singh Sujlana, passed away on December 2, 2016 in Mumbai due to old age.
- When is the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery celebrated?
Answer – B. December 2
The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed every year on December 2 by the United Nations General Assembly since 1986 to raise awareness of the atrocities of modern slavery.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) celebrated its _____ Raising Day at Chhawla camp in New Delhi on December 1, 2016.
Answer – C. 51
The Border Security Force (BSF) celebrated its 51st Raising Day at Chhawla camp in New Delhi. The force is responsible for securing Indo-Pak and Indo-Bangladesh borders.
- When is the National Pollution Control Day Observed?
Answer –D. December 2
December 2 is celebrated as National Pollution Control Day every year to honor thousands of people who lost their lives to Bhopal Gas Tragedy in 1984.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar was on two-days visit to which country from November 30 to December 1, 2016, to strengthen Defence and seutiry ties between the two countries?
Answer –B Bangladesh
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on November 30, 2016 arrived in Dhaka on a two-day visit to Bangladesh to meet the top civil and military leadership to strengthen defence ties between the two countries.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) signed a MoU with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on December 1, 2016, for cooperation in the area of zoonoses, anti-microbial resistance, nutrition and pesticide residues. Where is the headquarter of ICMR?
Answer –A New Delhi
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) signed a MoU with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on December 1, 2016, for cooperation in the area of zoonoses, anti-microbial resistance, nutrition and pesticide residues. The Indian Council of Medical Research the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world, Headquarters: New Delhi
- The government on December 1, 2016, clarified on the exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery and ornaments in connection with search operations for black money. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the applicable limit?
A.No tax will be imposed on gold bought from undisclosed income.
B.Married woman can keep gold upto 250gms.
C.Unmarried woman can keep gold upto 500gms.
D.Men can only hold gold assets upto 100gms.
Answer –D. Men can only hold gold assets upto 100gms.
Explanation: To carry out the search operations for black money, thegovernmenton December 1, 2016, has clarified the exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery and ornaments. A reference to instruction No.1916 is also invited by the Finance Ministry which provides that during the search operations, no seizure of gold jewellery and ornaments to the extent of 500 grams per married lady, 250 grams per unmarried lady and 100 grams per male member of the family shall be made.
- What is the projected economic growth prospect for India for the FY17 as estimated by United Nations report, Economic and Social Survey for Asia and the Pacific 2016 ?
Answer – C. 7.6%
According to the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific’s (ESCAP) year-end Report ‘Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2016’, which was released on December 1, 2016, India’s economic growth is expected to remain at 7.6 per cent in 2017 as investment regains momentum and the manufacturing base strengthens on the back of structural reforms.
- Aditya Birla Financial Services Group has launched its insurance arm ‘Aditya Birla Health Insurance’ (ABHICL) in joint venture with which financial services group?
A.MMI Holdings Ltd.
C.Allan Gray Investment Management
D.Liberty Holdings Limited
Answer – A. MMI Holdings Ltd.
Aditya Birla Financial Services Group (ABFSG) launched new insurance arm under Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHICL) to be the most preferred customer partner by 2020. ABHICL is a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group and MMI Holdings Ltd. (MMI), a South African-based financial services group.
- Who has been honored with the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award at the 12th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York, USA on November 30, 2016?
Answer -C. Katy Perry
UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Katy Perry and Philanthropist Moll Anderson were honoured for their extraordinary commitment to put children first at the 12th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York, USA
- Name the Russian Cargo Spaceship which crashed seconds after takeoff while heading towards International Space Station on December 1, 2016 due to a malfunction.
Answer – D Progress MS-04
The Russian Space Agency reported that Unmanned cargo spacecraft Progress MS-04, which was delivering 2.6 tonnes of supplies to the International Space Station crashed shortly after takeoff on December 1, 2016 due to a malfunction. Progress MS-04 was launched from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and lost contact 383 seconds after the launch.
- Name the Indian online transportation network company that has partnered with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) to accept payment through online gateway in petrol pumps?
Answer – A Ola
Indian online transportation network company Ola has partnered Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) to accept payment through ‘Ola Money’ in petrol pumps. Ola driver-partners and Ola customers can now pay for their fuel with Ola on Verifone-enabled PoS devices in any of these fuel stations without having to use cash or their cards for payments.
- Name the cyclone that passed off through the Karaikal coast of Puducherry on December 2,2016 and weakened into a deep depression.
A.Land Depression 01
Answer – C Cyclone Nada
Cyclone Nada passed off peacefully through the Karaikal coast of Puducherry at 5 am on December 2,2016. Later it made landfall near Nagapattinam at a speed of 50 km per hour, after weakening into a deep depression in the early hours.
- Pakistan will host Davis Cup tie against Iran in Islamabad in 2017. Davis cup is given for?
Answer -C Tennis
International Tennis Federation (ITF) has given its approval to host a Davis Cup tie against Iran in Islamabad in February 3-5, 2017 announced by Pakistan Tennis Federation secretary Khalid.