Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Odia became the official Language of the Odisha Government from which date in all transactions of the Odisha Government?
D.August 18thAnswer – B.August 16th
On a final breath, Odia will be used as the official language in all transactions of the Odisha government from August 16, 2016. According to the amendment of the Orissa Official Language Act 1954, all government letters, files will be carried in Odia language.
- Which State government modernized Girl Child development scheme and re-launched as Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri in order to achieve its objective of improving the skewed girl child ratio in the state?
D.HaryanaAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Maharashtra government re launched its “Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri” scheme in order to achieve its objective of improving the skewed girl child ratio in the state.
- Which state government approved the GST bill followed by Assam Government to keep the tax rate at a reasonable level to prevent it from having an inflationary effect?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – B.Bihar
The renewed relationship between Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar and the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was evident once again, when the Bihar assembly ratified the Constitution amendment bill needed to roll out the proposed goods and services tax (GST).
- India ranked which position in category of the World Intellectual Property Organization as per rankings released by Cornell University?
D.66Answer – D.66
According to the rankings released by Cornell University, INSEAD and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), India climbed 15 spots, from 81 last year, to 66 in the Global Innovation Index (GII) and maintained the top spot in the Central and South Asia regions.
- S & P Dow Jones Indices and BSE, Asia Index jointly launched a new index to measure the performance which rate for transactions maturing on the following business day?
B.Marginal Standing Facility
C.Collaterlized Borrowing and lending Obligation
D.London Interbank organization RateAnswer – C.Collaterlized Borrowing and lending Obligation
A joint-venture between S&P Dow Jones Indices and BSE, Asia Index launched a new index to measure the performance of Collateralized Borrowing and Lending Obligation (CBLO) rate – one of most liquid rates in India.
- Which of the following bank is not penalized by Reserve Bank of India for violation of various Banking norms?
A.Cooperative City Bank, Guwahati
B.Indapur Urban Cooperative Bank, Indapur
C.Ratnakar Bank Limited, Mumbai
D.Model Cooperative Urban Bank, HyderabadAnswer – C.Ratnakar Bank Limited, Mumbai
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed penalties on four cooperative banks for violation of various norms. Cooperative City Bank, Guwahati, Indapur Urban Cooperative Bank, Indapur, Shri Dadasaheb Gajmal Cooperative Bank, Pachora and Model Cooperative Urban Bank, Hyderabad.
- Under the “Make In India Programme”, the 100 MW project was commissioned using domestically manufactured cells and modules in which state?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – D.Andhra Pradesh
The 100 MW project was commissioned using domestically manufactured cells and modules, thus fitting in with the government’s ‘Make in India’ mission, and makes a huge addition to Tata Power Solar’s PV portfolio in India.
- Which country has been formally signed to convert Nagpur in Maharashtra State into India’s first large scale integrated Smart City?
D.Tata GroupsAnswer – B.L&T
Larsen & Toubro to be the implementation partner to make Nagpur as Smart city. It is the country’s first large-scale integrated smart city.
- Which Company has acquired TitanX, a global engine-cooling solutions firm that caters to commercial Vehicle manufacturers?
A.Tata AutoComp Systems
D.HondoAnswer – A.Tata AutoComp Systems
The Pune-based Tata AutoComp Systems, the Tata group-promoted auto component firm, is set to acquire TitanX, a global engine-cooling solutions firm that caters to commercial vehicle manufacturers.
- Which Country space agency launched first Quantum Satellite to establish “Hack Proof” Communications from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in the remote northwestern province of Gansu?
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
China launched the world’s first quantum satellite, which will help it establish “hack-proof” communications between space and the ground, which is the latest advance in an ambitious space programme.
- What is the name of the Video Chatting application introduced for Android and iOS users by Google?
D.DuoAnswer – D.Duo
Google’s video chatting app – dubbed Duo, represents Google’s response to other popular video calling options, including Apple’s FaceTime, Microsoft’s Skype and Facebook’s Messenger app.
- US Department of Energy’s Argonne National Laboratory and University of Illinois at Chicago used which metal compound to recycle CO2 in to reusable Fuel?
D.Platinum DiselenideAnswer – A.Tungsten Diselenide
The US researchers used a metal compound called tungsten diselenide, which was fashioned into nanosized flakes to maximize the surface area and to expose its reactive edges.
- Renowned educationist of Jharkhand state has passed away in Ranchi at the age of 80. Who is he?
A.M N Kant
B.B P Kesri
C.J P Patel
D.C D SurajAnswer – B.B P Kesri
Renowned educationist Prof B P Kesri of Jharkhand state has passed away in Ranchi district in his age of 80’s.
- Renowned scriptwriter T A Razzaq passed away at the age of 58 years due to liver ailment. He belonged to which language writer?
D.MalayalamAnswer – D.Malayalam
Malayalam scriptwriter T A Razzaq, 58 passed away at Kochi while undergoing treatment for liver ailment at a private hospital in Kochi on August 16.
- First Speaker of State Assembly Charti Lal Goel passed away at the age of 89. He was the former speaker of which state/UT?
D.MaharashtraAnswer – C.Delhi
Former speaker of the Delhi Assembly Charti Lal Goel passed away. He was 89. He was the father of Delhi Sports Minister Vijay Goel.
- In Himachal Pradesh, the sailing campaign …………………was flagged off from Bilaspur
D.Tarn TaranAnswer – A.Jal Tarang
In Himachal Pradesh, 12 day the sailing campaign “Jal Tarang” was flagged off by state assembly Speaker Brij Behari Lal Butail from Bilaspur.The aim of the campaign is to strengthen the national unity and integrity.