Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which statement is incorrect related to the dissolution of Central Inland Transport Corporation Limited approved by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi?
A.MoU signed between Indian Computer Emergency Response Team and Ministry of Cabinet Office, UK
B.PM approved to produce a Project Development Fund (PDF) with a corpus of Rs 200 Crore.
C.PM approved the scheme for grant of Permanent Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors
D.This pact provides an aid for catalyzing Indian economic presence in the Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Answer – B.PM approved to produce a Project Development Fund (PDF) with a corpus of Rs 200 Crore.
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to proposal for dissolution of Central Inland Water Transport Corporation Limited (CIWTC).
- Which state became the first state in the country to have implemented Public Fund Management System (PFMS)?
Answer – C.Jharkhand
Public Financial Management System (PFMS) initially started as a Plan scheme named CPSMS of the Planning Commission in 2008-09 as a pilot in four States of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab and Mizoram for four Flagship schemes e.g. MGNREGS, NRHM, SSA and PMGSY.
- Who has been submitted the reports of Indo-Pakisthan border protection?
Answer – D.Madhukar Gupta
The Ministry of Home Affairs had constituted a Committee under Shri Madhukar Gupta, Retd. Home Secretary for strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo
- Which species is one of the world’s largest was found in central Assam’s Nagaon treasury during the ongoing verification of the horns in Assam?
A.One horned horse
B.One horned zebra
C.One horned deer
D.One horned rhino
Answer – D.One horned rhino
The rhino horn verification committee (RHVC) has found one of the world’s largest horns – possibly the heaviest – of the one-horned rhino in central Assam’s Nagaon treasury. The only recorded rhino horn bigger than this could be found in British Museum in London, where a 60 cm long horn from Assam, found in 1909.
- Which women clinched Gold medal in the 100-metre dash clocking one minute and 21 seconds at the American Masters Games in Vancouver Canada?
Answer – D.Mann Kaur
100-year-old Mann Kaur from Chandigarh clinched Gold medal in the 100-metre dash clocking one minute and 21 seconds at the American Masters Games in Vancouver Canada.
- Which Indian right-arm off break bowler slipped one place down to third in the International Cricket Council (ICC) list for Test bowlers?
Answer – A.Ravichandran Ashwin
Indian right-arm off break bowler Ravichandran Ashwin slipped one place down to third in the International Cricket Council (ICC) list for Test bowlers. The list is topped by South African speedster Dale Steyn.
- Which network on August 31 2016 announced that to acquire TEN Sports Network its subsidiaries for $385 million from Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited?
Answer – B.Sony Pictures
The acquisition will add South Asia’s leading sports network to SPN’s existing portfolio of channels.The TEN Sports channels being acquired include TEN 1, TEN 1 HD, TEN 2, TEN 3, TEN Golf HD, TEN Cricket.
- Who would take over the Vice Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army on 01 September 2016?
A.Lt Gen Ashok Kumar
B.Lt Gen Ashok Ranjan
C.Lt Gen Bimrao Rawat
D.Lt Gen Bipin Rawat
Answer – D.Lt Gen Bipin Rawat
He was commissioned in the Fifth Battalion of the Eleven Gorkha Rifles in December 1978, from IMA, Dehradun, where he was awarded the‘Sword of Honour’.
- Which vehicle along with E-cards are not required to get permission to ply on the roads as per the notification issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways?
Answer – A.E-Rickshaws
This notification makes free e rickshaws and e carts from permit requirements upon the provisions of the sub-section (1) of section 66 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 will not apply to e-carts and e-rickshaws (as defined in section 2A of MVA 1988).
- How much unit of electricity, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu was connected to the grid for power supply?
Answer – D.1,000 MW
Construction of Kudankulam 2 was completed in July 2015, and it was loaded with its first fuel in May 2016. Following the completion of safety tests, NPCIL began the process of approaching criticality on 8 July by diluting neutron-absorbing boric acid in the primary coolant water.
- Reserve Bank of India predicted how much percent of Economic in financial year 2016 in the wake of near term growth outlook for India seems Brighter than last fiscal?
Answer – C.7.6%
Reserve Bank of India predicts India to clock at 7.6 per cent in 2016-17 in the wake of near-term growth outlook for India seems brighter than last fiscal. The Central Bank in its annual report said that overall gross value added growth is expected at 7.6 per cent this fiscal, up from 7.2 per cent last year.
- Which Country has commissioned its first solar thermal power plant with the capacity of 10 MW is the third plant in the world?
D.United Arabic Emirates
Answer – C.China
East Asian nation China in the Qinghai province has commissioned its first solar thermal power plant with the capacity of 10 megawatt which is the third such power plant in the world has been commissioned. The other two high end Power Generating stations are located in the US and Spain.
- Which Country hosted the three-day Eighth meeting of SAARCSTAT and delegates from SAARC Member States and other international organizations?
Answer – D.India
India hosted the three-day(August 29-31,2016) Eighth meeting of SAARCSTAT and delegates from SAARC Member States and other international organizations viz., FAO, PARIS 21, and ADB attended the Meet.Minister for Statistics and Programme Implementation, Shri. D.V. Sadananda Gowda inaugurated the 8th Meeting of Heads of SAARC Statistical Organizations (SAARCSTAT) in New Delhi
- Which of the following sector is not approved by the Prime Minister for the FDI policy amendments announced by the Government?
Answer – D.IT
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post-facto approval for the FDI policy amendments announced by the Government. The FDI policy amendments are meant to liberalise and simplify the FDI policy so as to provide ease of doing business in the country leading to larger FDI inflows contributing to growth of investment, incomes and employment.
- Which State is all set to become the first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs under Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme?
D.None of these
Answer – D.None of these
Gujarat is all set to become the first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs under Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme. The state reached this milestone in just 96 days after centre has coined the scheme and over 42 lakh households have already benefitted from the scheme.