Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances on which date every year in raising awareness that enforced disappearance is a crime and should not be used as a tool to deal with situations of conflict?
D.August 31stAnswer – C.August 30th
On August 30 each year, organizations such as the UN and Amnesty International play an active role in raising awareness that enforced disappearance is a crime and should not be used as a tool to deal with situations of conflict. Many activists openly share personal stories, via the media or public event, about victims of enforced disappearances and the impact that these disappearances have on their families and communities.
- The Star of Comedy Classics such as The Producers and Blazing Saddles has passed away at the age of 83 due to Alzheimer’s disease. Who is he?
D.Morgan EliteAnswer – A.Gene Wilder
Gene Wilder, the star of comedy classics such as The Producers and Blazing Saddles, has died at the age 83 from complications from Alzheimer’s disease. Jerome Silberman(June 11, 1933 – August 29, 2016), known professionally as Gene Wilder, was an American comic actor in film and theater, screenwriter, film director, and author.
- Which country is set to become the fourth Asian country to host a tournament on the Asian Tennis Tour?
D.NepalAnswer – C.Bhutan
Land of the thunder dragon’s nation Bhutan is set to become the fourth Asian country to host a tournament on the Asian Tennis Tour (ATT). The first ever international tennis tournament is scheduled to host next month.
- Which Sportsmen has been upgraded to clinch the Silver from Bronze medal in London Olympics 2016 due to Russian Sportsman failed in Doping Test?
D.Saina NehwalAnswer – C.Yogeshwar Dutt
Indian Olympic medalist and wrestler Yogeshwar bronze medal, which he clinched the podium by finishing third against Russia’s Besik Kudukhov’s, who finished second in the 60-kg freestyle event in the 2012 Olympics is set to be upgraded to silver.
- Indian Foreign Service holder R. Ravindra has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to which country?
A.Repubilc of Liberia
D.New GuineaAnswer – A.Repubilc of Liberia
Shri R. Ravindra Indian Foreign Service – 1999 batch, presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to Republic of Liberia, with residence in Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire).
- India’s first military heritage website, colours of glory.org was launched by Glory Foundation at which city?
D.DelhiAnswer – C.Chennai
India’s first military heritage website, colours of glory.org was launched by Glory Foundation at Chennai. A veteran of the 1971 Indo Pak war, city based Captain D.P.Ramachandran who is also the executive trustee of the foundation declared the war heroes of South India held great significance to the history of India.
- Prime Minister unveiled the first phase of which project for Irrigation Project at Sanosara village near Dhroll in Gujarat’s Jamnagar district?
D.SAUNIAnswer – D.SAUNI
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of SAUNI – Saurashtra Narmada Avataran for Irrigation Project at Sanosara village near Dhroll in Gujarat’s Jamnagar district. Under the project, nearly 10 dams and reservoirs of Rajkot, Jamnagar and Morbi, would be filled up with the water of Narmada River.
- Which country president made his state visit to India in bilateral talks with Prime Minister including border management and ways to contain militant activities along the countries border?
D.MyanmarAnswer – D.Myanmar
Following the invitation of Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, Myanmar President U Htin Kyaw and his wife Daw Su Su Lwin made a State Visit made to India. Myanmar President Htin Kyaw participated in bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modiin New Delhi.
- Who took charge as the Chief General Manager of State Bank of Travancore?
C.Ram Kumar Pratik
D.Ashok Kumar PradhanAnswer – D.Ashok Kumar Pradhan
Ashok Kumar Pradhan has taken over as its Chief General Manager of State Bank of Travancore. Pradhan is from Cuttack in Orissa, started his Banking career in 1985 as a Probationary Officer in State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur.
- Who has been appointed as a Brand Ambassador and Commandant of CRPF?
D.Sakshi MalikAnswer – B.P.V. Sindhu
Country’s largest paramilitary force CRPF has decided to appoint Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant on the ace badminton player.
- Which Novelist was awarded the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2015 for her autobiography ‘Chitt-Chete’ written in Dogri language?
D.Sheela DeviAnswer – A.Padma Sachdev
Jammu-based Novelist Padma Sachdev was awarded the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2015 for her autobiography ‘Chitt-Chete’ written in Dogri language. The Delhi’s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung presented the Award to the Novelist at the function held in New Delhi.
- Which country has set up a state owned aircraft engine maker with registered capital to develop home-grown, high-tech businesses to compete in international markets?
D.IndiaAnswer – A.China
China has set up a state-owned aircraft engine maker with registered capital of 50 billion yuan ($7.5 billion). It is considered as the next step in the latest effort to develop home-grown, high-tech businesses to compete in international markets
- What is the name of the Unified Payment Interface App developed by Canara Bank at Bengaluru to link and operate their various bank accounts using a single app?
D.EmmajeticAnswer – C.Empower
Bangalore based Canara Bank has launched Unified Payment Interface [UPI] App named ‘empower’, at its board of directors’ meet held at Bengaluru. This move is in line with the digital initiative which enables any Bank customers to link and operate their various Bank accounts using a single app. This app is available for download from Google play store.
- Which country signed LEMOA (Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement) with India for governing the use of each other’s land, air and naval bases for repair and resupply?
D.United StatesAnswer – D.United States
The United States and India signed LEMOA (Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement) governing the use of each other’s land, air and naval bases for repair and resupply. This is considered as a step toward building defense ties in order to counter the growing maritime assertiveness of China.
- Which State Vidhan Shabha has unanimously passed the Haryana Sports Council Bill, 2016 to constitute statutory sports councils at state, district, block and municipal levels?
D.HaryanaAnswer – D.Haryana
The Haryana Vidhan Shabha has unanimously passed the Haryana Sports Council Bill, 2016 to constitute statutory sports councils at state, district, block and municipal levels.
- Name the initiative launched by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister to empower the patients by seeking their views on quality of experience in a public healthcare facility?
D.Mera AspataalAnswer – D.Mera Aspataal
Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda launched the ‘Mera Aspataal’ (my hospital) initiative. This move seeks to empower the patients by seeking their views on quality of experience in a public healthcare facility.