Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- National Sports Day is being observed on which date every year to mark the birthday of Dhyan chand, the hockey player contributed in Olympics for India?
Answer – B.August 29
The National Sports Day is celebrated on August 29 annually. This day marks the birthday of Dhyan Chand, the hockey player who won gold medals in Olympics for India in three occasions (1928, 1932 and 1936).
- Subroto Cup is related to which Sport ?
Answer – A.Football
Subroto Cup Football Tournament is one of the famous inter-school football tournament in India, named after the Indian Air Force Air Marshal Subroto Mukerjee. It started in 1960.
- Veteran Painter, Writer and Art Historian has passed away due to Cardiac arrest at a hospital in Bhubaneshwar at the age of 74. Who is he?
Answer – C.Dinanath Pathy
Eminent painter, writer and art historian Dinanath Pathy passed away following a cardiac arrest at a hospital in Bhubaneshar and he was 74. He is known for his versatility; Pathy was a former secretary of Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi and Bhubaneswar and is regarded as the pioneer of the art movement in Odisha.
- Former Governor Mohammad Shafi Qureshi has passed away in Delhi at the age of 87 years. He was a former Governor of which state?
Answer – D.Madhya Pradesh
Veteran Congress leader and former Governor of Madhya Pradesh Mohammad Shafi Qureshi has passed away in Delhi. He was 87 years old. He also served as the Deputy Union Minister of Railways and got elected for Lok Sabha twice from Islamabad Parliamentary Constituency.
- Who has won the world championship by steering his Mercedes to a convincing victory in chaotic crash-hit Belgian Grand Prix?
D.None of these
Answer – A.Nico Rosberg
Nico Rosberg rekindled his bid for the drivers’ world championship by steering his Mercedes to a convincing victory in chaotic crash-hit Belgian Grand Prix, as Lewis Hamilton fought back to finish third.
- A mobile App has been developed by 16 years old and Athlete named Arhan Bagati to assist which Sector people?
Answer – C.Disabled Sportsmen
A Mobile App has been developed by Arhan Bagati. He is 16 years old and athlete based Gurgaon. The App will assist the Indian contingent in the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- President re-promulgated an Ordinance to amend the Enemy Proper Act, _________ Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants Act of 1971 pending ratification by Rajya Sabha?
Answer – B.1968
President Pranab Mukherjee night re-promulgated an Ordinance to amend the Enemy Property Act Eviction of
Unauthorized Occupants Act of 1971 pending ratification by Rajya Sabha.
- Which State/ Union Territor Government has recently presented a tax-free Rs 6,665 crore budget for the financial year 2016-17?
Answer – B.Puducherry
Newly elected Puducherry chief minister V Narayanasamy, who holds the finance portfolio, presented a tax-free Rs 6,665 crore budget for the financial year 2016-17.
- Which states have become tenth and eleventh respectively to pass Good and Service Tax bill after a debate in their respective State Assemblies?
A.Bihar & Haryana
B.Maharashtra & Haryana
C.Gujarat & Haryana
D.Bihar & Gujarat
Answer – B.Maharashtra & Haryana
BJP led Maharashtra and Haryana government has ratified the Tax reform bound GST Constitution (122nd) Amendment Bill 2016 in a move that makes tenth and eleventh states to pass the bill after a debate in their respective State Assemblies.
- Union Human Resource Development Minister officially launched the new Indian Institute of Technology in which state?
Answer – C.Karnataka
Union Human Resource Development MinisterPrakash Javdekar formally launched IIT Dharwad chapter in Dharwad in Karnataka. The new Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Dharwad would start functioning from July, 2016 in a temporary campus housed at Water and Land Management Institute (WALMI) in Belur village on the outskirts of Dharwad city.
- Which state has passed resolution during the special session of the House for the purpose of changing the name of the State?
Answer – D.West Bengal
West Bengal Legislative Assembly (WBLA) passed a resolution in favor of changing the name of the state from West Bengal to Bangla. The resolution was passed during the special session of the House which was convened exclusively for the purpose of changing the name of the state.
- What is the current population strength of the India as per the projections of the 2016 World Population Data Sheet from the Population Reference Bureau (PRB)?
Answer – B.1,329 million
According to the projections of the 2016 World Population Data Sheet from the Population Reference Bureau (PRB), the world population will reach 9.9 billion in 2050, up 33 percent from an estimated 7.4 billion now.
1.India – 1,708 Million (1,329 in 2016)
2.China – 1,344 Million (1,378 in 2016)
- India ranked which rank in in Robotic Automation implementation in core Business Process, according to Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, (CIMA)?
Answer – C.3rd
According to Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, (CIMA), India ranks third in the world in implementing robotic automation in their core business processes. CIMA is an UK based organization that conducted the global survey across European, African and Asian countries.
- Name of the mobile application released by Yes bank on the Android and iOS mobile platforms in the realm of digital payments scenario?
Answer – D.Yes Pay
Mumbai based private sector bank Yes Bank has launched Yes Pay, a digital wallet which does not require that both the transacting parties be registered on it. As a pilot move Yes Pay is built as a Facebook app on the Android and iOS mobile platforms in the realm of digital payments scenario.
- Which space agency successfully executed Solar Powered Juno mission first of 36 orbital flybys of Jupiter our solar system’s most massive planet passing 4,200 kilometres above the planet’s clouds?
Answer – B.NASA
NASA’s solar-powered Juno mission has successfully executed first of 36 orbital flybys of Jupiter our solar system’s most massive planet passing 4,200 kilometres above the planet’s clouds.
- The Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Minister has launched a mobile App called __________________on the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) foundation day function in New Delhi
A.Pharma Sahi Daam
B.Pharma Uday Daam
C.Pharma Udyog Daam
D.Pharma Siksha Daam
Answer – A.Pharma Sahi Daam
The Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar has launched a mobile App called Pharma Sahi Daam on the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) foundation day function in New Delhi.
- Which company has acquired UK Based Pay2Global for an undisclosed amount following regulatory Approvals?
Answer – B.TerraPay
Amsterdam based global financial network TerraPay has acquired UK-based Pay2Global for an undisclosed amount following regulatory approvals. Upon this acquisition, Pay2Global will be rebranded Terra Payment Services (UK) and will start services to key markets in Asia and Africa.
- Who has been conferred with the Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2016 during National Sports Day?
C.P. T Usha
D.None of these
Answer – A.Silvanus Dungdung
The Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award conferred with the Jharkhand Dungdung Former Olympian Silvanus Dungdung Major. It is regarded that People in Jharkhand’s Simdega living Silvanus Dungdung the hockey stick made of bamboo and dried fruit custard apple started off by making your game.