Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- One of the objectives of social banking under which private sector banks were nationalised in 1969 and 1980 was to ensure banking_________in rural areas and to avoid a nexus between industry and banking.
5) penetrationAnswer –5)
Explanation : penetration
- Privatising loss-making PSBs will have a__________effect on the staff and management of such banks.
5) encouragementAnswer – 1)
Explanation : deterrent
- In a digital India, and with widespread availability of credit rating, bank accounts, Aadhaar information and mobile phones, technology can help in eliminating human__________in sanctioning and extending credit to the borrower.
5) resistanceAnswer – 3)
Explanation : intervention
- The government_________revenues through dividends and profits, while on the other it would need to provide resources through enhanced expenditure to bail out loss-making banks from a pool of resources__________from a small subset of population — taxpayers.
1) advice, created
2) strategy, dispersed
3) surpass, separated
4) foregoes, garnered
5) conquer, scatteredAnswer – 4)
Explanation : foregoes, garnered
- We have never_________as much interest over the appointment of a head coach as we have in the past fortnight.
5) disavowAnswer – 2)
Explanation : witnessed
- As the race_________down to a two-man competition between Ravi Shastri and Anil Kumble, the meaningful discussions transitioned to a campaign instead.
5) boiledAnswer – 5)
Explanation : boiled
- Real issues_________the performance of the team were easily forgotten because of this controversy.
5) neglectingAnswer – 4)
Explanation : concerning
- They classified styles as Authoritarian, Personable, Casual,________and Businesslike. When we look at the Indian context, John Wright and Gary Kirsten were the Businesslike coaches.
5) moderateAnswer – 1)
Explanation : Intense
- The_________is on bringing in more Ministers to give an edge to the Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Gujarat Assembly election campaigns in the months ahead, and careful arithmetic in________Dalit, OBC and tribal leaders is evident.
1) unimportance, depredation
2) anguish, expelling
3) upheld, rejecting
4) emphasis, inducting
5) insignificance, blackballAnswer – 4)
Explanation : emphasis, inducting
- This has been a highly controlled exercise, one that will________his grip on power, a prospect that will worry his political rivals as well as some within his own party, a cadre-based organisation on which he has firmly stamped his authority.
5) disperseAnswer – 3)
Explanation : consolidate