AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Power and New & Renewable Energy minister (I/C) RK Singh launched pan India RTM in electricity recently. What does ‘T’ in RTM denotes?
Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy & Minister of State (Skill Development and Entrepreneurship), R. K. Singh launched Pan-India Real Time Market(RTM) in electricity through video conference in New Delhi, which has positioned Indian electricity market in the league of few electricity markets in the world, which have a RTM.
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a trilogy of schemes namely “Electronics Manufacturing Scheme 2.0” recently. What is the outlay of the scheme?
1) Rs 10,000 crore
2) Rs 50,000 crore
3) Rs 20,000 crore
4) Rs 25,000 crore
5) Rs 70,000 crore
Answer-2) Rs 50,000 crore
Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a trilogy (group of three) of schemes namely “Electronics Manufacturing Scheme 2.0” with an outlay of Rs 50,000 crore (approximately $7 billion) to boost electronic manufacturing in India. These will contribute in achieving a USD 1 Trillion digital economy and a USD 5 Trillion GDP by 2025.Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI) for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing, Scheme for Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS) Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) Scheme.
- Which is the 1st Indian state to declare internet as fundamental right?
3) Tamil Nadu
Kerala Chief Minister PinarayiVijayan announced on a Rs.1500 crore Kerala Fiber Optic Network(K-FON) project executed by the association of Bharat Electronics Limited(BEL), RailTel Corporation (Public sector companies) and SRIT and LS Cables (Private sector companies) to provide free internet access for the poor by December 2020 and become the first state to declare the internet as a fundamental right of the citizen.
- KondapochammaSagar project was inaugurated in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
The another milestone in Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project, the Markookpumphouse was inaugurated and released to KondapochammaSagar project by Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
- Name the longest expressway of India, which is likely to be completed by 2021.
1) Yamuna Expressway
2) Delhi–Meerut Expressway
3) Himalayan Expressway
4) Purvanchal Expressway
5) Belghoria Expressway
Answer-4) Purvanchal Expressway
Purvanchal Expressway: India’s longest expressway –in Uttar Pradesh is likely to be completed by the end of the year. The foundation stone of the Purvanchal Expressway project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Azamgarh, located in the state of Uttar Pradesh in July 2018.
- ‘COVID-19 Technology Access Pool’ (C-Tap) was launched by WHO for equal access to life-saving technology around the world. How many countries supported C-Tap (till May 29, 2020)?
The COVID-19 (Technology) Access Pool or C-TAP which was mooted by President Carlos Alvarado of Costa Rica has been launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) during an event co-hosted by WHO and Costa Rica on May 29, 2020 at Geneva, Switzerland. This was launched after 35 countries and multiple international partners and institutions have signed for this pool to support it.Countries that have supported C-TAP till May 29, 2020: 35.
- Which country has proposed the idea of G7+3 named as 10 Democracies (D10)?
1) United States
4) United Kingdom
Answer-4) United Kingdom
The United States(US) and the United Kingdom(UK) have proposed the expansion of the G7 grouping. While the United States has proposed G7+4,which includes India, Australia, South Korea and Russia,the United Kingdom wants a G7+3, calling it ’10 Democracies (D10)’ which excludes Russia.
- Name the bank which has partnered with Transport Corporation of India Limited (TCIL) to facilitate real time payments for truck drivers.
1) DBS bank
2) OCBC Bank
3) Standard Chartered
5) None of these
Answer-1) DBS bank
DBS Bank India partnered with Transport Corporation of India Limited (TCIL)to facilitate real time payments for truck drivers by DBS RAPID(Real Time Application Program Interface-APIs by DBS) solution to enable them to receive payments instantly.
- Who has been appointed as the new president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
2) Uday Kotak
3) Sangita Reddy
4) Sanjiv Mehta
5) Pawan Kr Agarwal
Answer-2) Uday Kotak
The Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) announced its new office bearers for 2020-2021. Uday Kotak, Managing Director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank succeeds VikramKirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director of Kirloskar System and vice chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor as the new President of CII.
- VirendraNathDatt was appointed as chairman and managing director (CMD) of National Fertilizers Limited (NFL). Where is the HQ of NFL located?
Shri VirendraNathDatt has taken over the additional charge as chairman and managing director (CMD) of National Fertilizers Limited (NFL). He has been director (marketing) of the company since October 2018.National Fertilizers Limited (NFL): Headquarters– Noida,Uttar Pradesh.
- Which Indian writer has won 2020 Commonwealth short story prize (for Asia region) for the story “The Great Indian Tee and Snakes”?
1) Varsha Adalja
2) Meena Alexander
3) Kritika Pandey
4) Smita Agarwal
5) Samina Ali
Kritika Pandey, a 29-year-old Indian Writer from Ranchi, was announced as the winner of regional award for Asia in 2020 Commonwealth short story prize for her story “The Great Indian Tee and Snakes” – about love in an age of hatred and prejudice.
- Find the Indian NGO which has won the World Health Organization’s ‘World No Tobacco Day Award 2020’.
4) Childline India
The World Health Organization(WHO) has accorded the World No Tobacco Day Award 2020 to Socio-Economic and Educational Development Society(SEEDS), an Indian non-governmental organization(NGO), one among the 3 SouthEast Asian Region awardees, for its efforts to ban pan masala, gutkha, e-cigarettes and hookah in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Who has won the 2020 Christophe Mérieux Prize?
1) QuarraishaAbdool Karim
2) Charles Kao
3) Heiko Jessen
4) Allen Bard
5) Mildred Dresselhaus
Answer-1) QuarraishaAbdool Karim
South African HIV researcher, Professor, QuarraishaAbdool Karim has won a 2020 Christophe Mérieux Prize (French prize) for her work at the Durban-based Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa(Caprisa) with a prize amount of € 500 000 (around R9 577 995).
- The Expert Committees on Rationalisation of Film Media Units and on Review of Autonomous Bodies submitted its report to Minister of Information and broadcasting recently. Who heads the committee?
1) Amit Khare
2) Rajiv Kumar
5) Sanjay Dhotre
Expert Committees on Rationalisation/Closure/Merger of Film Media Units, and on Review of Autonomous Bodies under the aegis of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) submitted their report to Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar during a meet in New Delhi. Both committees were headed by BimalJulka for rationalisation and professionalisation of film institutes.
- The Ministry of Defence has ordered Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)to supply Infantry Combat Vehicles (ICVs) for the Indian army. Where is the HQ of OFB located?
2) New Delhi
In a big boost to the Centre’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence (MoD), with the approval of Minister of DefenceRajnath Singh, has ordered Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) in Telangana’s Medak, to supply 156 BMP 2/2k Infantry Combat Vehicles (ICVs) worth Rs 1,094 crore for the Indian army. There are plans to induct these advanced feature vehicles into the army by 2023.Ordnance Factories under the aegis of its corporate headquarters Ordnance Factory Board, Kolkata, WB.
- Which space agency has partnered with NASA to host a deep-space ground stationto support human spaceflight missions to the Moon, Mars and beyond?
1) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
2) South African National Space Agency(SANSA)
3) Centre national d’étudesspatiales (CNES)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
Answer-2) South African National Space Agency (SANSA)
The South African National Space Agency(SANSA) has partnered with National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) to host a deep-space ground station to support human spaceflight missions to the Moon, Mars and beyond. South Africa became the 4th country(4th site)after the United States of America, Spain and Australia to host a deep space ground station.
- What is the name of rare asteroid which was discovered by astronomers at Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System (ATLAS)?
1) 2018 LB2
2) 2020 LB3
3) 2019 LD2
4) 2019 LD1
5) 2020 LA2
Answer-3) 2019 LD2
The Institute for Astronomy at the University of Hawaii’s Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System (ATLAS) revealed the discovery of a rare asteroid called 2019 LD2 with a comet-like-tail among the Jupiter Trojans, moving in the same orbit as Jupiter moves around the sun.
- Name the sports & youth affairs minister of India, who has launched 25 day Khelo India Community Coach Development programme for Physical Education teachers and community coaches.
1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Rao Inderjit Singh
4) Raj Kumar Singh
5) Shripad Yesso Naik
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, KirenRijiju inaugurated & launched a 25 day Khelo India Community Coach Development programme, an online development programme to equip 15,000 Physical Education(PE) Teachers and community coaches across India to train students to take up fitness and sport as a way of life.The Ministry of Human Resource Development(HRD) & the sports ministry ensures to take this programme to every school in India.
- Pakistan’s Riaz Sheikh who passed away in June 2020 is associated with which sport?
Former Pakistani first class cricketer Riaz Sheikh passed away at the age of 51 in Karachi, Pakistan after testing positive for the novel coronavirus. He became the second professional cricketer in Pakistan to die due to COVID-19. He was born on 24th December 1968 in Karachi, Sind, Pakistan.
- When was world bicycle day observed annually?
1) June 30
2) May 31
3) May 3
4) July 30
5) June 3
Answer-5) June 3
World Bicycle Day is celebrated every year to promote simple, affordable, reliable, clean and eco-friendly sustainable transportation. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) declared June 3rd as World Bicycle Day in April 2018.
- The International Sex Workers Day was observed every year on ______.
1) June 2
2) June 20
3) June 22
4) May 20
5) May 22
Answer-1) June 2
Every year June 2nd is celebrated as the International Sex Workers Day ensure that the sex workers enjoy the same rights as all the other human beings and tackle the abuse and trafficking problems.
- A team of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered a 1100-year-old monolithic sandstone Shiva lingam in which country (recently)?
A 4-member team of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered a 1100-year-old monolithic sandstone Shiva lingam, a representation of the Hindu deity Shiva, at the Cham Temple Complex located in My Son Sanctuary of Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- JyothiSurekha who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
Archer V. JyothiSurekha has been recommended for the for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- What is the capital of Costa Rica?
2) Panama City
5) San José
Answer-5) San José
The capital and currency of Costa Rica are San José&Costa Rican colón respectively.
- Where is the HQ of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) located?
4) New Delhi
Answer-4) New Delhi
The HQ of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) located at New Delhi.
- Who is the present governor of Telangana?
2) Ramesh Bais
4) Anandiben Patel
Answer-5) Tamilisai Soundararajan
Tamilisai Soundararajan is the present governor of Telangana.
- Which among the following country is not the part of G7?
The Group of Seven (G7) is an international intergovernmental economic organization consisting of the seven major countries: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.