AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The 1st online edition of Cannes Film Market 2020 was launched recently. Which organization manage Indian pavilion at Cannes on behalf of I&B ministry since 2014?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
Answer-1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
Cannes Film Festival launched the 5 days long first online edition of Marché du Film 2020 (Cannes Film Market) which will continue till June 26, 2020.The e-inauguration of the Virtual India Pavilion at Cannes Film Market 2020 was done by Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has been managing the Indian Pavilion on behalf of the Ministry since 2014 at Cannes.
- What is the amount that was allocated by central government from PM-CARES fund for ventilator supply & migrant labors welfare?
1) 1000 Cr
2) 500 Cr
3) 3000 Cr
4) 250 Cr
5) 2000 Cr
Answer-3) 3000 Cr
The Central Government is all set to allocate Rs 3,000 crore from the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES) Fund for supply of ventilators and for the welfare of migrant laborers.Centre will be spent Rs 2,000 crore in the procurement of 50,000 Made-in-India ventilators to Government-run COVID hospitals in all States/Union Territories (UTs).On the other hand, Rs 1,000 crore has already been released to States/UTs for the welfare of migrant laborers.
- Name the Union Food processing Industries minister who has launched Inaugural Session of Food Processing Sector Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum hosted by Invest India.
1) Renuka Singh
2) Arjun Munda
3) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
4) Anurag Thakur
5) None of these
Answer-3) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
The Union Minister of Food Processing Industries (FPI) Harsimrat Kaur Badal has launched the Food Processing Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum (Webinar) hosted by Invest India. The Forum, aims to conduct detailed interaction between leading global companies in the food processing sector and policy makers of the central and 6 State Governments (Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh).
- How many district level Khelo India centers will be established by Sports ministry to engage the former champions in sports training?
The Ministry of Sports, government of India has decided to establish around 1000 district level Khelo India centers (KIC) all over the nation to engage the former champions in sports training and to ensure a source of income for them in the sports.
- Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has unveiled the booklet and poster of the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI), to take place in Goa. Who is the present I&B minister?
1) Smriti Irani
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Prakash Javadekar
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-3) Prakash Javadekar
The Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekarunveiled the booklet and poster of the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which is scheduled to take place from November 20 to 28, 2020 in Goa.
- The Central government has approved 412.19 Cr for FY21 to which state for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission?
2) West Bengal
The Union government has allocated Rs 412.19 Crore for the effective implementation of JJM in Telangana for FY 2020-21. The funding has been increased in comparison in FY19-20 when it was Rs 259.14 Cr. Thus, with an opening balance of Rs 30.89 Crore along with this year’s allocation, Telangana has assured availability of Rs 443.29 Crore under JJM as Central funds.Centre is hopeful that the state will provide 100% tap connections to all rural households in the year 2020-21 itself and become the first State to achieve the feat of ‘Har Ghar Jal Rajya’.
- The Karnataka Bank has launched a new product ‘KBL Micro Mitra’ for MSMEs recently. Who is the MD&CEO of Karnataka Bank?
1) Mahabaleshwara M S
2) S.S. Mallikarjuna Rao
4) Rakesh Makhija
5) Ajay Kumar
Answer-1) Mahabaleshwara M S
Karnataka Bank launched a new product ‘KBL Micro Mitra’ for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs). This product will provide financial assistance up to Rs 10 lakhs to the Micro manufacturing and service enterprises for working capital or for investment purposes.About Karnataka Bank: Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer– Mahabaleshwara M S.
- RBI has extended special liquidity windowfor ________ to YES bank for 3 months in June 2020.
1) 10000 cr
2) 30000 cr
3) 75000 cr
4) 25000 cr
5) 50000 cr
Answer-5) 50000 cr
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) extended a special liquidity window for Rs 50,000 crores to Yes Bank for three months, to help private lenders cover for shortfall in deposits.The Yes bank was first provided with a special liquidity window for 3 months in March, which ended in June. The bank has requested for the same facility for one year, against which the RBI has extended for another 3 months.
- What will be the contraction in India’s GDP in 2020 as per estimation of Moody’s?
According to the Moody’s Global Macro Outlook report for June 2020, there will be a contraction of 3.1 % in India’s gross domestic product (GDP) in 2020 & expects a change in geographical conditions in Asia due to tensions at the border between India and China.
- Which is the only G20 country that will record growth in economy in 2020, as per Moody’s?
1) South Korea
3) Saudi Arabia
On a larger scale, in this report, it has been said about the economy of the G20 (Group of 20) countries for 2020 that a contraction of 4.6 % will be seen. But, in 2021, these economies will grow at a rate of 5.2 %. China will be the only G-20 country to record growth in 2020 with a growth rate of 1 % and 7.1 % in 2021 thereafter.
- The last Satellite of BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) was launched recently. The BDS belongs to which country?
4) South Korea
China has successfully launched the last Satellite of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS), which is a rival for the Global Positioning System (GPS) of the US, to become a major space power. The satellite was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch center in Sichuan Province.
- Which IIT have created a chip named ‘Dhruva’ that can be mounted in smartphones and navigation devices to find places and routes within the country?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Bombay
4) IIT Gandhinagar
5) IIT Kharagpur
Answer-3) IIT Bombay
Navigation is an essential feature in the era of smart devices and IoT (Internet of things), which we use in various personal and commercial applications. Navigation technology enables the nation to manage its territory, protect its borders and manage disaster response. Keeping these requirements in mind, researchers at IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay led by Rajesh Zele from the Department of Electrical Engineering have created a chip named ‘Dhruva’ that can be mounted in smartphones and navigation devices to find places and routes within the country.
- Pournima Zanane who passed away recently is associated with which sport?
Former Indian Air Rifle Shooter Pournima Zanane, an International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF)-licensed coach who suffered from cancer for the past 2 years passed away at the age of 42 in Pune, Maharashtra. She was born in Nanded, Maharashtra.
- Vishwa Bandhu Gupta (popularly known as Balloon man) who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned _______.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Former MP and a veteran journalist Vishwa Bandhu Gupta, who was nicknamed as Balloon Man around the age of 93 he passed away in Delhi. He was born in Bhingar, Bombay Province, British India.
- When was International Olympic Day 2020 celebrated annually?
1) August 21
2) July 19
3) May 16
4) April 18
5) June 23
Answer-5) June 23
23rd June is marked as the International Olympic Day and observed all over the world by the Olympians, athletes and fans who participate in the sports activities. The first Olympic Day was hosted by the National Olympic Committees(NOC) of Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Uruguay, and Venezuela in their respective countries on June 23, 1948. Note: Due to pandemic the events of 2020 Olympic day will be conducted as an online event.
- The International Widows day was observed every year on June 23. The Day was 1st observed in which year?
United Nations(UN) International Widows Day is observed annually on June 23 to raise awareness about the human rights violation experienced by widows in many countries following the death of their spouses.The day was initiated by Loomba Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organization(NGO), London on 26 May 2005.1st International Widows Day was observed in 2011.
- The United Nations Public Service Day was observed annually on ________.
1) June 22
2) June 24
3) June 23
4) June 21
5) June 20
Answer-3) June 23
United Nations Public Service Day is observed annually on June 23 to highlight the contribution of people associated with public service to the community. The day aims to acknowledge their role in the development process, to recognize their work and to encourage young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
- Name the app which was launched by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) to provide information about ICU beds and ventilator.
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), Maharashtra, has launched a mobile application “Air-Venti” developed by Octaware Technologies Limited in partnership with Probity Soft Pvt Ltd, which helps to provide information about availability of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds and Ventilators.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Mount Merapi is located in which country?
Indonesia’s Mount Merapi spews ash in new eruption. Alert status has already been raised since Indonesia’s 2,968-metre mountain last erupted in August 2019.
- Kithiganahalli Lake is located in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
The National Green Tribunal has imposed an interim penalty of ₹10 lakh on the Karnataka government over pollution in the Kithiganahalli Lake, near Bommasandra in Bengaluru, saying criminal offence is being committed by the authorities in not stopping the discharge of pollutants into water bodies.
- The municipal assembly of which country changed the name of the area containing the Senkaku Islands from “Tonoshiro” to “Tonoshiro Senkaku”?
Recently, a local council in southern Japan has approved a bill to change the name of an area containing Senkaku Islands from Tonoshiro to Tonoshiro Senkaku. Senkaku Islands are known as the Diaoyus by China and Tiaoyutai by Taiwan. The islands are disputed with China and Taiwan.
- Who is the present president of China?
1) Abe Shinzō
2) Moon Jae-in
3) Xi Jinping
4) Kim Jong-un
5) Prayut Chan-o-cha
Answer-3) Xi Jinping
Xi Jinping is the present president of China.
- Where is the HQ of Credit rating agency Moody’s located?
5) New York
Answer-5) New York
Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. HQ – New York, US.
- ‘NAVIC’ is navigation system of which country?
4) United Nations
5) European Union
India has built its navigation system, the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) or NAVIC.