AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which state/UT has prepared Poultry policy 2020 for the 1st time to boost poultry production in the region?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
The Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has prepared a J&K Poultry Policy, 2020/Operational Guidelines for the first time to boost poultry production in the region.
- The 40th GST council meet headed by finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman was held recently virtually. Under which article of constitution GST council was formed?
1) Article 279A
2) Article 280A
3) Article 266A
4) Article 281A
5) Article 262A
Answer-1) Article 279A
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired the virtual 40th GST Council Meeting. The key outcome of this meet was further relief on late fee and interest payable on late payments as a part of compliance burden of businesses. This was the first meeting after COVID-19 breakout in India.GST Council is an apex member committee to modify or to procure any law or regulation based on the context of goods and services tax in India. The council is headed by the union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman assisted with the finance minister of all the states of India. It was constituted on 15th September 2016 under Article 279A of the Constitution.
- India along with 12 other countries lead the “Verified” initiative launched by the UN to fight misinformation about COVID-19. What is the theme of “Verified”?
1) Commit, Space, Solution
2) Curb, Inform, Cure
3) Find, Curb, Inform
4) Science, Solidarity & Solution
5) Verify, Announce, Follow
Answer-4) Science, Solidarity & Solution
India with 12 other countries lead the “Verified” initiative launched by the United Nations on 21st May 2020, to fight the spreading of misinformation about COVID-19 with fact-based accurate information.The initiative is led by the United Nations Department of Global Communication(DGC) with an aim to provide facts about COVID-19 in the digital space. This will provide information on three theme: Science, Solidarity, Solution – to advocate for support to impacted population.
- Which private sector bank has launched “InstaFlexicash” an online overdraft (OD) facility for its salary account customers?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) RBL Bank
Answer-2) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank has launched ‘InstaFlexicash’, an online overdraft (OD) facility for its pre- approved salary account customers, by which these customers can get approval for OD instantly & in a paperless manner. The end-to-end fully digital facility can be accessed with no documentation, using the Bank’s internet banking platform without visiting a bank branch.
- RBI has proposed to set the age limit of Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and whole time directors (WTDs) of Banks to ______ years.
India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its Discussion Paper on ‘Governance in Commercial Banks in India’ proposed to set the age limit of Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and whole time directors (WTDs) belonging to the promoter group of banks to 70 years and maximum tenure of 10 years. This offer has been made to improve administration in the banking sector.
- RBI has made some changes to the monitoring structure of Financial Markets Infrastructure and Retail Payment Systems recently. Which among the following was designated as “system wide important payment system” (SWIPS)?
5) None of the Above
India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made some changes to the monitoring structure of Financial Markets Infrastructure (FMI) and Retail Payment Systems (RPSs) with the aim to ensure the security and stability of the payment structure.The new framework treats NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).In addition, NPCI has also been designated as a “system wide important payment system (SWIPS).
- Who chairs the committee restructured by IBBI for Corporate Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation process?
1) Uday Kotak
2) Ajay Piramal
3) Ashish Kumar
4) M.V. Nair
Answer-1) Uday Kotak
In pursuance of regulation 3 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) advisory committee regulation 2017, the IBBI board has restructured an advisory committee on Corporate Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation process by including four new members. The new 14-member committee, formed in August 2017, will be chaired by Uday Kotak, the Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- US based L Catterton has bought 0.39% stake in Jio platforms recently. What is the % stake which was bought by TPG Capital in Jio platforms (June 2020)?
The United States (US) private equity firms TPG Capital and L Catterton have become the 9th and 10th investors respectively in the Jio Platforms, as the latter has sold 0.93% stake in TPG for Rs 4,546.80 crore and 0.39% stake sold to L Catterton for Rs 1,894.50 crore.
- Name the robot which was launched by central railways to boost the screening and surveillance of passengers.
1) Captain Amar
The Railway Protection Force of Central Railway (CR), Pune division, Maharashtra launched a Robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ (Always be Responsible and Just Use to be Nice) to intensify the screening and surveillance of passengers. It was launched online by Arun Kumar, Director General (RPF), Railway Board in the presence of Sanjeev Mittal, General Manager, Central Railway, among others The BrainChild behind this innovation is Alok Bohra DIG/RPF, Central Railway.
- “FebriEye” developed by Vehant Technologies have been set up to ensure contactless entry. Which zone of railways sets up ‘FebriEye’?
1) Central Railway
2) Northern Railway
3) Eastern Railway
4) Southern Railway
5) Western Railway
Answer-1) Central Railway
In order to effectively scan passengers for symptoms of COVID-19, and to ensure contactless entry Central Railway has set up a body screening facility “FebriEye thermal cameras”, developed by Vehant Technologies have been set up at ChhatrapatiShivajiMaharaj Terminus (CSMT) and LokmanyaTilak Terminus (LTT) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Name the device which was launched by MoS Ministry of Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy, which kills viruses & other germs by sterilising, sanitising& disinfecting in large areas.
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy launched a device, ‘GermiBAN’ that kills viruses & other germs by sterilising, sanitising& disinfecting in large areas. It also acts as an Air Purifier effective against viruses like COVID-19 which will stop the spread of it.
- Who authored the biography of DadabhaiNaoroji titled “Naoroji Pioneer of Indian Nationalism”?
1) Dinyar Patel
3) R. C. Majumdar
4) Jadunath Sarkar
Answer-1) Dinyar Patel
Historian Dinyar Patel’s biography of DadabhaiNaoroji, “Naoroji Pioneer of Indian Nationalism” was published by the Harvard University Press in May 2020.
- Sushant Singh Rajput who is in news recently is a renowned _______.
1) Freedom Fighter
Sushant Singh Rajput, 34-year-old actor committed suicide & found dead at his home in Bandra, Mumbai. He was born on 16th January 1986 in Patna, Bihar.He promoted the Women Entrepreneurship Platform of NITI Aayog which was launched on 8th March 2018.He acted as M.S Dhoni in “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story” in 2016.
- Cricketer Matt Poore who passed away in June 2020 belongs to which country?
3) United Kingdom
4) South Africa
5) New Zealand
Answer-5) New Zealand
Former New Zealand cricketer Matt Beresford Poore(all-rounder- right hand batsman and offspinner)passed away at 90. He was born on June 1, 1930, Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand.
- When was World Elder Abuse Awareness Day observed annually?
1) May 30
2) July 15
3) June 15
4) February 15
5) April 30
Answer-3) June 15
Every year on June 15 The World Elder Abuse Awareness Day(WEAAD), across the world. This day raises awareness about abuse and neglect of older persons and raising awareness about the cultural, social, economic and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
- The World Blood Donor Day (WBDD) was observed every year on June 14. What is the theme for WBDD 2020?
1) “Safe Blood save lives”
2) “Safe blood for all”
3) “Blood connect us all”
4) “Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often”
5) “Thank you for saving my life”
Answer-1) “Safe Blood save lives”
14th June of every year is celebrated as the World Blood Donor Day all over the world to create awareness about the need for safe blood and their importance in treatments and role in maternal and neonatal care. It was designated by the World Health Assembly(WHA) of the World Health Organisation(WHO). The theme of World blood donor day 2020 is “Safe Blood save lives”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) located?
1) New Delhi
Answer-1) New Delhi
The HQ of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) located at New Delhi.
- What is the capital of New Zealand?
The capital and currency of New Zealand are Wellington and New Zealand Dollar respectively.
- Who is the MD and CEO of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
1) Amitha Sehgal
3) G. Sivakumar
4) Deepak Kumar
DilipAsbe is the present MD&CEO of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Abu Dhabi is the capital city of which country?
India is planning to post Naval Liaison Officers (LOs) at the Regional Maritime Information Fusion Centre (RMIFC) in Madagascar and the European Maritime Awareness in the Strait of Hormuz (EMASOH) in Abu Dhabi (capital city of UAE) for improved Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA).
- Which country has announced ‘Jet Zero’ plan to bring down aviation emissions?
3) United Kingdom
4) South Africa
5) New Zealand
Answer-3) United Kingdom
Recently, the United Kingdom (U.K.) announced a ‘Jet Zero’ plan to bring down its aviation emissions.The objective of the plan is to bring down greenhouse gas emissions from aviation to make carbon-free flights possible within a generation.Aviation emissions currently account for more than 2% of global greenhouse gases, and have risen by 70% since 2005. The International Civil Aviation Organization forecasts that they will rise another 300% by 2050 in the absence of measures to bring them down.