AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the approved amount under ‘India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’ by Government of India?
1) 5,000 crores
2) 10,000 crores
3) 25.000 crores
4) 15,000 crores
5) 20,000 crores
Answer-4) 15,000 crores
Indian Government has approved Rs.15000 crores for ‘India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’ to build health infrastructure in states and UTs till March 2024. Of the 15,000 crores, Centre would release Rs.7,774 crore for immediate COVID-19 Emergency Response use till June 2020 and the rest will be set for medium-term support of 1-4 years.
- Name the organisation which along with UNICEF & WHO launched digital campaign to ensure safety of Tribal Gatherers.
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) has collaborated with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and WHO (World Health Organisation) for basic orientation on Covid-19 response in order to ensure tribal gatherers carry on their work safely during the collection and harvest of Minor Forest Produce (MFP)/NonTimber Forest Produce (NTFP).
- Supreme Court has extended the tenure of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) chairman Shiva Kirti Singh by 3 months. Where is HQ of TDSAT located?
1) New Delhi
Answer-1) New Delhi
The Supreme Court (SC) of India has extended the tenure of chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) Justice Shiva Kirti Singh by 3 months who was set to retire on April 20, 2020. This decision has been taken by the bench of Justices L Nageswara Rao, Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Deepak Gupta headed by Chief Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde. The Headquarters of TDSAT located at New Delhi.
- Name the Indian state/UT which launched ‘Operation SHIELD’ in Containment areas against COVID-19.
1) New Delhi
2) Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) New Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Aravind Kejriwal has launched “Operation SHIELD” in 21 identified Containment Areas of the state to control the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. It deals with sealing, home quarantine, isolation & tracking, essential supply of commodities, local sanitisation and door-to-door health checkups.
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has met 1st time for discussion about Covid-19 through video conference. Name the country which currently has presidency of UNSC.
3) Dominican Republic
5) United Kingdom
Answer-3) Dominican Republic
The United Nation Security Council (UNSC) met for the first time through closed video-conference session with Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the issues that fall under the UNSC’s mandate.Current Presidency– Dominican Republic
- Find the e-commerce company (Bengaluru based) which ties up with ICICI Lombard & Go digital insurance companies to launch health insurance policies.
Bengaluru Based Flipkart Private Limited, an e-commerce marketplace in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited and Go Digit General Insurance, has launched two health insurance policies namely – ‘Covid-19 Protection Cover’ & ‘Digit Illness Group Insurance’ that specifically cover coronavirus (COVID-19) on its platform.
- What will be the Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation of India in 1st quarter of FY21, as per RBI’s Monetary Policy Report (MPR)?
Answer- 5) 4.8%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its monetary policy report (MPR) has projected Consumer price index (CPI) based inflation to decline from 4.8% in Q1: 2020-21 to 4.4% in Q2, 2.7% in Q3 and 2.4% in Q4. This MPR is a part of the out-of-turn review of monetary policy held in March end due to uncertainties arising from the economic lockdown.
- RBI has approved re-appointment of Sanjay Agarwal as MD&CEO of AU small finance bank (HQ-Jaipur). Who has been appointed as part-time chairman of the bank?
1) Sumanth Sharma
2) P R Ravi Mohan
3) Nitin Chugh
4) Samit Ghosh
5) Raj Vikash Verma
Answer-5) Raj Vikash Verma
Raj Vikash Verma was appointed as part-time Chairman of AU Small Finance Bank for the period of one year whereas Sanjay Agarwal reappointed as Managing Director (MD) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the AU Small Finance Bank. The appointment was approved by RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
- Who is the face of RBI’s Twitter campaign to adopt digital modes of payments?
1) MS Dhoni
2) Kareena Kapoor
3) Virat Kohli
4) Amitabh Bachchan
5) Anushka Sharma
Answer-4) Amitabh Bachchan
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched a Twitter campaign to adopt digital modes of payment that are convenient and safe and reiterated the multiple digital payment options such as NEFT, IMPS, UPI and BBPS that are available 24*7.The face of the campaign is Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
- Name the company which has acquired Gurgaon-Palwal Transmission Limited.
2) Reliance Industries
3) IRB Infrastructure
4) Power Grid
5) Oriental Infratrust
The Board of the Investment Manager of IndiGrid, India’s first Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) in the power sector, has approved the acquisition of Gurgaon-Palwal Transmission Limited (GPTL), Sterlite power with a value of Rs 1,080 crore.
- Name the Mobile company which has acquired the weather app named Dark Sky.
Apple has acquired the Dark Sky, a weather app, which states about the time of rain, its iPhone Operating System (iOS) app which costs USD 3.99 will not be modifiedand does not allow the users to download it. Its Application Programming Interface (API) service will not accept new signups & will continue to function through the end of 2021, it has also updated its branding on its website as ‘Dark Sky by Apple’.
- The central government has launched initiative named “AarogyaSetu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)” in collaboration with IIT Madras and which Indian state?
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer- 5) Tamil Nadu
After the launch of AarogyaSetu app to tackle COVID-19 impact, now Centre government in partnership with Tamil Nadu (TN) government and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has launched its complementary initiative named “AarogyaSetu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)”. It is launched by TN Chief Minister (CM) EdappadiKaruppaPalaniswami and Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- ‘MadhubanGajar’ which was developed by the farmer scientist VallabhhaiVasrambhaiMarvaniya is biofortified variety of which fruit or vegetable?
Biofortified carrot variety ‘MadhubanGajar’ with high β-carotene(277.75 milligram per kilogram-mg/kg) and iron content(276.7 mg/kg) is developed by VallabhhaiVasrambhaiMarvaniya, a farmer scientist from Junagadh district, Gujarat which benefits local farmers.
- Name the Indian biotech company which ties up with FluGen and virologists at University of Wisconsin-Madison for the development of Covid-19 vaccine named ‘CoroFlu’.
1) Indian Immunologicals Limited
3) Bharat Biotech
Answer-3) Bharat Biotech
Bharat Biotech International Ltd, a leading vaccines & bio-therapeutics manufacturers in India, has joined hands with US (United States) FluGen Inc and virologists at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Wisconsin,US , to begin the development and testing of a new intranasal vaccine for COVID-19 called ‘CoroFlu’.
- SERB the statuary body of Department of Science and Technology has given approval to which Indian Institute to develop nasal passage gel?
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT Roorkee
Answer-2) IIT Bombay
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has approved the funding of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay team to develop a Nasal passage gel to limit transmission of the Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus, the causative agent of COVID-19
- Name the MNC which has launched ‘Watson Assistance for Citizens’ in India to address Covid-19.
IBM said on Thursday it is offering Watson Assistant for Citizens to speedy reliable responses to COVID-19 questions.
- What is the rank of Indian football team in latest FIFA (HQ- Zurich, Switzerland) rankings 2020 released on April 9, 2020(topped by Belgium)?
According to the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association)/Coca-Cola World Ranking 2020, released on April 09, 2020, Indian football team retained its 108th position with 1187 points. While Belgium ranked first and world champion France is in 2nd place and Brazil is at 3rd spot.
- Indian-American, BrahmKanchibotla who passed away in April 2020 is _________.
1) Law maker
The Indian-American veteran journalist BrahmKanchibotla passed away at 66 due to coronavirus in a hospital on Long Island in New York, United States(US).
- New Zealand’s Jock Edwards who passed away in April 2020 is related to which sports?
Jock Edwards, a big-hitting wicket-keeper batsman for New Zealand, has died aged 64. Edwards featured in eight Tests and six ODIs, having made his Test debut against Australia in 1977.
- The theme for World Homeopathy Day 2020 is “Enhancing the scope of Homeopathy in Public Health”. The Day is celebrated every year on _______.
1) March 31
2) April 7
3) April 10
4) April 14
5) April 3
Answer- 3) April 10
The World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on April 10. This year the day marks the 265th birth anniversary of the father of the Homeopathy systems of medicines Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, German physician, who discovered the way to heal using homeopathy. The term ‘homeopathy’ comes from the combination of the two Greek words, homeo- meaning similar & pathos- meaning suffering or disease. Theme of the year 2020: “Enhancing the scope of Homeopathy in Public Health”.
- Name the organisation/agency which celebrates play true day 2020 with the theme ‘Play Safe on Play True Day 2020’ on April 9.
1) World Swimming Federation
2) World Anti Doping Agency
3) World Athletics
4) National Anti Doping Agency
5) International Olympics Organisation
Answer-2) World Anti Doping Agency
On April 9, 2020 The World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) celebrated the Play True Day 2020, which is dedicated to clean sport and the day aims to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting it. Theme of the year 2020: ‘Play Safe on Play True Day 2020’.
- Which edition of CRPF valour day was celebrate on April 9, 2020?
The 55th Anniversary of CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) Valour Day was observed all over India. The day is observed every year and the day is also called as ShauryaDiwas (Valour Day).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which among Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) which institutes ‘Shakti’ award?
Answer-Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has instituted a special ‘Shakti Award’ that will be annually given to a chosen personnel who works for the empowerment of women.The award will carry a reward of Rs 1 lakh, a citation and trophy.
- Prime Minister has asked to switch off lights for 9 minutes on April 5 at?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked Indian citizens to switch off its lights for 9 minutes at 9pm on April 5, 2020.
- When was No Smoking Day 2020 Observed?
No Smoking Day was observed annually on 2nd Wednesday of March.No Smoking Day 2020 is observed on March 11, 2020.
- Which Multinational Engineering company has signed MoU with IIT Madras for research programme?
Aero engines major Rolls-Royce on Monday said it has entered into a collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras to promote and explore opportunities for joint research programs.
- What will be the new national slogan of Bangladesh as order by SC of the country?
- Name the person who has been appointed as Brand ambassador of Mobile Premier League (MPL) in March 2020?
- Who is the present Tribal Affairs Minister?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]
- Which among Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) which institutes ‘Shakti’ award?